“Quaint and charming” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Hernando
Cuisines: American
Description: Memphis Street Cafe is a small cafe located in the basement of an old building in Hernando. They are open for lunch daily and in the evenings on Friday and Saturday nights. The sandwiches are really large portions and an excellent value for the money and taste. Highly recommend the restaurant for Trip Advisor.
Hickory Valley
“Quaint and charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great friendly service and delicious food. My husband enjoyed his blackened grouper and I devoured the chicken crepes

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Belleville, Illinois, United States
“Comfort food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had an amazingly great dinner at this restaurant. The cabbage rolls were really delicious and the restaurant itself is very quaint - located in the basement along the town square of Hernando.

Visited September 2013
Mississippi
“Before the Battle of Hernando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stopped in for an early lunch Saturday before the Battle of Hernando festivities.
Best catfish poboy I have ever tasted. The remolade was oustanding and the Russian potato salad was, without doubt, the best potato salad I have ever eaten.
COOL PLACE
Von Kluck

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hernando, Mississippi
“Memphis Street Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had dinner at the Memphis Street Cafe in Hernando, MS on Saturday, March 9, 2013. There were three adults in our party and one toddler. It was our first visit to Memphis Street Cafe. The restaurant is located in the basement of a building on the historic square - be prepared for some steep steps. The inside is painted a bright, light yellow and the walls are decorated with works by local artists that are available for purchase.

The entrees ordered were the shrimp and grits, chicken crepes, and the angus burger. The littlest diner had mini-corn dogs. All of the entrees were quite good and the portions were very large - come hungry. My husband also had a greek salad as an appetizer. The salad was very fresh and the dressing was one of the best greek dressings I've tasted. The angus burger was thick and flavorful and cooked to order. The shrimp and grits could have used a bit more flavoring for my liking but overall were good. My favorite entree was the chicken crepes. They came with rice pilaf and the vegetable of the day which was Italian spinach. Actually, the Italian spinach may have been my favorite - I couldn't get enough of it. I will definitely have the crepes next time I visit.

I would also like to add that our server brought our toddler's food out first which I appreciated as she was getting a bit antsy.

Also, Memphis Street Cafe is BYOB. Next visit, we will make sure to bring a bottle of wine with us.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had Sunday lunch at this wonderful restaurant. Most of us had the catfish poboy. One person had the Angus Burger and said it was great. I loved the poboy. Nice atmosphere and great service.
There are some steep steps getting to the restaurant because it is in the basement. I do not know if there is a handicap entrance.

• Visited February 2013