“The worst experience of my life.” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Inn on the Hill to your Saves list
Inn on the Hill
Inn on the Hill
6595 US Highway 49 North, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 (Formerly Comfort Inn at Convention Center)   |
Ranked #28 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Meridian, Mississippi
“The worst experience of my life.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Absolutely, the worst experience of my life. Dirty sheets, bugs, water stains..Just to name a few. The pictures on the website is not what you are getting. Awful

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Havelock, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed in this motel for almost a week. When I booked the reservations I was told that they had a pool, when I got there it was closed and looked like it hadn't been used in quite awhile because there was overgrown weeds all around it and it was filthy. Both the rooms I rented had problems with the bathroom lights, one rooms didnt even turn on. There was no hot water whatsoever. The air in both the rooms also didn't work right. I was also told that the cook had quit so breakfast would not be served. I have stayed at alot of hotels and by far this one was the worse I have ever been in.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Since the last time I stayed at this hotel a lot of changes have been made. They are under new management, they have all new staff, my room was very clean, the breakfast was great, and personally I think they have made some very positive changes. The next time we are in the area we will be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Yazoo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

This place is nasty and has mold everywhere !! And you can smell it in the rooms and their Roaches are the size of Rats!! They even have children cleaning their rooms. We had a Banquet there and the Gardner/ Maintenance Man served us and he did not even have Teeth and was still in his Maintenance uniform. YUCK . They also advertise a restaurant "Beef O Brady's" and it is not even there, all this nasty hotel serves is breakfast and who would want to eat that .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

Large spacious room, comfortable, clean except for the corner areas. Check in was very courteous. On our first stay, a problem with a noisy guest in the adjoining room was resolved immediately. Breakfast was a full buffet-style meal; very good. We have already made reservations to stay on our return trip home.

On our second stay the following week, things were a bit different. The first room we were assigned did not have a working stopper in the bathtub. The second room did not have a working toilet or a working phone. The third and final room had an unclean coffee maker, no desk chair (I moved one from the other room), lights on both sides of the bed were unplugged and we had to call for help to move the bed to get to the plug, and this non-smoking room had an ashtray (my husband has respiratory problems so we really needed the non-smoking room we requested). After all the room changes and moves, we were too tired to attempt another room change.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

I reserved a room at the Ramada on the Hill well in advance of Hurricane Gustav - before it hit Jamaica - and guaranteed it with a credit card. I spoke with the hotel directly at least 4 times -including the day before arrival to be sure we received a handicap accessible room for a 96 year old wheelchair bound mother-in-law. I was assured I would. On the day of our arrival our reservation was not honored! I had left New Orleans and here I was stranded with no room! Unconscionable behavior!

My confirmation # 56513090!

• Disliked — Did not honor reservation!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Helena, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

Our experience at this hotel was TERRIBLE! It was nothing like I expected. When we first got there, we planned on eating in their restaurant which sounded like it was supposed to be great, but the cook called in sick, (they only have one and couldn't find a replacement?), so the restaurant was not open and we had to go out again after a very long day of traveling. The room was not great, (think Motel 6), but didn't seem too bad at first. That is until we found out the hard way that the toilet seat was not attached well and slid off when you sat down. That's more excitement than I care for when going to the bathroom! After dinner, I went to take a bath and found out that the light in the bathroom turns off after only a few minutes! Then it turned on only when someone walked close to it to turn it on again, so I kept sitting down in the bath and had to keep getting up every few minutes to walk towards the light to activate it again. It's not fun to take a bath in the dark, or with a light switch that seems to be controlled by a ghost with a sense of humor! In addition, the tub had gross stuff coming out from under the bath mat and one of the bedside lamps didn't work. We were there 3 days and, unfortunately, had a non-refundable reservation. They said they would send workmen over to make repairs, but the only thing they fixed was cleaning under the bath mat. In addition to the problems with our room, they were doing remodeling and the workers just left messes everywhere after they finished work for the day and we found a razor blade in the middle of the main walkway! Not good!

• Liked — Inland, central location away from hurricane zone.
  • Disliked — Electrical system was way out of wack, bathroom was dirty and in disrepair.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Inn on the Hill? Share your experiences!