“Would have, could have, should have..” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
new orleans
“Would have, could have, should have..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

So the hotel itself has nice rooms, though as the other reviews say, they do need some updating, and the hotel itself could use some updating, not major at all though. The exercise room has several machines that are aren't working anymore. Patrick at the front desk was great, friendly and helpful, and this would have been a good stay if not for the horrible housekeeping. One day I returned at 7pm to find my room had not been fixed! When I went to front desk to ask what had happened, apparently the housekeepers had marked off they had cleaned my room, when clearly they hadn't, and I guess they were probably betting no one would complain. After a really long day of work it was incredibly frustrating to come back to an unmade bed. Two days later, I arrived at 3:00pm to once again find the room unmade! Only at 4:00 did I hear a knocking asking if the room could be cleaned. It was 4pm...I'd been up since 4 working and now they were coming to fix the room? I think the hotel really needs to address this issue, because even when room was cleaned, it was only lightly, with the trash once not even being emptied. Such terrible service, and that is actually the main reason I checked out early and moved to a different hotel. This could have been a nice stay, and would have been if not for housekeeping, and I should have changed sooner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you letting me know about the problem you experienced here. I can assure you I will fix this issue and not allow it to happen again.

I sincerely hope you will give us a chance to serve your lodging needs again when you are in the Hattiesburg area.

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Laguna Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I travel weekly for work and have been visiting the Hattiesburg area for over a year. I have tried nearly every major hotel chain within 20 miles. You can not find a better place to stay for the price! The staff goes above and beyond....I will look no further for my "go to" place in this town. Thank you Comfort Suites!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy to review our hotel. We strive to do the best possible for our guests and it is nice when it is noticed. I have passed along your comments to my staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Thank you and I hope you have a great day,

Cullman, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Spent four days in September visiting son leaving for Afghanistan. Manager and staff went above and beyond to make sure our visit was a success. They did this for everyone who stayed there. I observed interaction of staff with other visitors, same courtesies. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. Good breakfast, adequate rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Grand Poppy,

It was a pleasure to have you and your family in our hotel. My prayers are with your son for a safe tour and return back to all of you!

Please just call when you are coming back and we will be happy to take care of you again! We love our guests and we strive to do just as you said with every guest, every time.

Have a great day and May God Bless all of you,

Fredonia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed in 5 different Comfort Suites over the past 2 weeks. This was easily the weakest property for the price. Paint and new carpets would help. The rooms are all right, but the lighting is poor, which makes them look worse. Bed and pillows were all right. Breakfast was fine. I would rate this hotel average, but it is not up to the Comfort Suites standards that we have come to expect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are in line for a renovation, but in the meantime, we try to keep our hotel clean and friendly in order to do our best to ensure our guests have a comfortable rest in our home away from home.

We hope you will visit with us again!

Charlotte NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is tired and nasty. Lots of patched paint and walls and ugly decor. Front desk guy had lots of attitude. Rooms are dingy and old stay somewhere else for your money. Air conditioner blows straight at the desk which makes it hard to work

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are in line for a renovation and hopefully the work will start soon. We take all responses to our property and try to fix the issues that we can at the local level. I will pass along the other suggestions to our corporate office.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Traveling through Hattiesburg on our way to the Florida Gulf Coast and booked a room for one night. Thank goodness, it was for one night. I do not know how this can be called a Comfort Suites. Let me start with the lobby, the first thing we "smelled" was the chlorine from the indoor pool, not a pleasant smell. The check-in was handled professionally & politely. Upon entering our room, the second thing we noticed was the filthy carpets, and old cabinetry. Really? How much does it cost a Comfort Suite to install clean carpets, paint and refurbish old cabinetry ? The bedding was old, and so stained that we removed the comforter and blankets immediately. There was a college game in town so the hotel was booked, and we were surprised at how quiet the hotel was. We left before breakfast, because we just wanted to check-out and get on the road. Easy location, close to shopping and restaurants--but Comfort Suites should do something about the condition of this property.

Room Tip: Try another hotel until this one is upgraded.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, let me thank you for your business and then apologize for the issues you encountered. Our hotel is showing its age a little and we are working very hard to overcome some of the major issues. We also take pride in our staff and the way they perform their job and take of our guests.

If there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to call.

Comfort Suites Hattiesburg
Loveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just stayed one night over the July 4th weekend and the room was clean and comfortable. I left too early for breakfast to be served so can't comment on that. The desk staff were very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property during your recent stay. We are proud of our staff and the job they do for our guests.

I look forward to seeing you when you come to Hattiesburg again.

Sherry Morgan

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!