“Needs updating” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Fredonia, New York
“Needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed in 5 different Comfort Suites over the past 2 weeks. This was easily the weakest property for the price. Paint and new carpets would help. The rooms are all right, but the lighting is poor, which makes them look worse. Bed and pillows were all right. Breakfast was fine. I would rate this hotel average, but it is not up to the Comfort Suites standards that we have come to expect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are in line for a renovation, but in the meantime, we try to keep our hotel clean and friendly in order to do our best to ensure our guests have a comfortable rest in our home away from home.

We hope you will visit with us again!

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Charlotte NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is tired and nasty. Lots of patched paint and walls and ugly decor. Front desk guy had lots of attitude. Rooms are dingy and old stay somewhere else for your money. Air conditioner blows straight at the desk which makes it hard to work

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are in line for a renovation and hopefully the work will start soon. We take all responses to our property and try to fix the issues that we can at the local level. I will pass along the other suggestions to our corporate office.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Traveling through Hattiesburg on our way to the Florida Gulf Coast and booked a room for one night. Thank goodness, it was for one night. I do not know how this can be called a Comfort Suites. Let me start with the lobby, the first thing we "smelled" was the chlorine from the indoor pool, not a pleasant smell. The check-in was handled professionally & politely. Upon entering our room, the second thing we noticed was the filthy carpets, and old cabinetry. Really? How much does it cost a Comfort Suite to install clean carpets, paint and refurbish old cabinetry ? The bedding was old, and so stained that we removed the comforter and blankets immediately. There was a college game in town so the hotel was booked, and we were surprised at how quiet the hotel was. We left before breakfast, because we just wanted to check-out and get on the road. Easy location, close to shopping and restaurants--but Comfort Suites should do something about the condition of this property.

Room Tip: Try another hotel until this one is upgraded.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, let me thank you for your business and then apologize for the issues you encountered. Our hotel is showing its age a little and we are working very hard to overcome some of the major issues. We also take pride in our staff and the way they perform their job and take of our guests.

If there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to call.

Loveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just stayed one night over the July 4th weekend and the room was clean and comfortable. I left too early for breakfast to be served so can't comment on that. The desk staff were very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property during your recent stay. We are proud of our staff and the job they do for our guests.

I look forward to seeing you when you come to Hattiesburg again.

KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

After great day in Natchez, MS my husband and I decided to stay in Columbia or Hattiesburg on our way to the beach. Essentially my husband and I asked to see a room before we checked in because of a previously experience earlier in the night at another hotel. Patrick, who had no name tag, but told me his name was Patrick when I asked, gave my husband a key to a second floor room for us to look at. The room was ok, a little worn but acceptable. The carpets especially in the lobby had major stains and the decor was a bit outdated. We decided to go ahead and stay at this hotel since it was about 10 pm and we were tired after a full day of sightseeing. I went to the lobby computer to book the room since I was using hotel points. I printed my confirmation while my husband went to get the bags. I proceeded to the desk to continue my Check-in. I asked Patrick if he had a 1st floor room and he did. I said I would take that. He proceeded to tell me I HAD to take the room we had looked at because he didn't have housekeeping available to straighten up the room. He acted as if we had slept in the room!!!! I told him we did not mess up the room. We were in there 5 minutes at the most. Patrick looked at me with a smirk as if to say, you are stuck with THAT room. He said matter factly, "you have to take that room!" So I decided it wasn't worth the trouble to get another room at that point. He kept saying you will have to wait, your reservations have not come through even though I had a copy of the reservations that I had printed from the lobby printer. I kept offering suggestions such as typying in the confrimation number, but to no avail. Finally, I started looking at the printed copy and noticed I had booked the wrong date. He said, "You will have to go back to the computer!" as if I were a child. By this time I was tired and worn out. I went back to the computer and cancelled the reservation. In a few minutes, he yelled my name. He said what are you doing or something like that. I told him I was cancelling my reservation. I replied to him he might be rude to some people but he was not going to be rude to me. I walked out and went across the street to a wonderful Baymont Inn that was very nice, had a super friendly staff, and was very clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Let me take a moment to apologize for your experience. This is very unusual as our hotel ranks in the top in guest friendliness, responsiveness to guests needs and being knowledgeable about our area.

I hope you will try us again one day and give us a chance to take care of your needs. Please call me if you need to (601)261-5555.

Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here three nights for a
Conference in a nearby town. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but what they offered was good in my book. I didn't use the pool or gym, so I can't comment on either. The location was perfect. I wanted easy access to I59.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at Comfort Suites Hattiesburg. It is our desire to provide a clean room and a friendly environment for our guests.

We look forward to serving your lodging needs any time you come to Hattiesburg again.

Have a great day,

Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even though the hotel is showing it's age, it is a nice place to stay. The lady who makes breakfast is a jewel. She is very friendly & will talk & talk & talk. Enjoyed the cookies in the afternoon & there is always coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel and especially our breakfast hostess. She is truly a Southern Lady and enjoys her guests very much. We take pride in our staffs friendliness and genuine concern for our guests needs.

We look forward to seeing you again as you come through Hattiesburg.

Sherry Morgan

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!