“Nice Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Augusta, Georgia
“Nice Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even though the hotel is showing it's age, it is a nice place to stay. The lady who makes breakfast is a jewel. She is very friendly & will talk & talk & talk. Enjoyed the cookies in the afternoon & there is always coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
umrebel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and especially our breakfast hostess. She is truly a Southern Lady and enjoys her guests very much. We take pride in our staffs friendliness and genuine concern for our guests needs.

We look forward to seeing you again as you come through Hattiesburg.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Southern hospitality. Where a lady that reminds me of mama makes breakfast and talks your head off. I love it. Oh yeah, they keep up with baking the cookies better than the rest in the evening too ..Who doesn't love cookies?.. This is my favorite hotel currently in the 12 hotel circuit I essentially live in...GO DAWGS!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sherry M, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We strive to be the best we can and make our guests feel like family! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon!

Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times. Staff helpful and nice. They go the extra mile for you. Breakfast is a little lacking in food choices, but the lady in charge of food was very attentive and friendly.. What the property is lacking due to a little age, they make up in hospitality.Near lots of restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel during your stay with us! We are looking forward to our facelift, but in the meantime, strive to please our guests by maintaining our cleanliness and friendliness. I appreciate your comment regarding our choices for breakfast foods and will review our offerings with our standards and see what I can upgrade.

Grapevine, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel staff was very nice. I was only staying one night, but I did have time to get into the pool, which wasn't over loaded chorline. There was a smoking deck outside. I travel a lot and the room was better than some of the Comfort Suites I've stayed. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room where you can see you car downstairs, as I don't trust the location 100%.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Laredo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't stay more than one night at this hotel. My husband and I stayed here for one night as my flight was canceled due to TS Isaac. They don't have a military discount, even though the hotel is only a few miles from Camp Shelby; the bathroom was not cleaned properly, there was garbage on the floor, a wrapper from a feminine hygiene product, to be exact; and the guy at the front desk had a "don't care" attitude. Also, the walls are paper thin. I had a sleepless night because I could hear everything that was going on in the room above us. The beds were somewhat comfortable but really couldn't even concentrate on that because the kid upstairs kept running all night and early morning. There were no utensils or plates in the kitchenette as other hotels with suites have and breakfast was the usual fare.

This hotel was available and we stayed here but I won't repeat the experience.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Coldwater, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel has a nice lobby, friendly front desk employees, large rooms, large bathrooms, and it is very clean.

One small issue with house-keeping: When we arrived there were 4 towels and 2 wash cloths in the room. After room was cleaned next day, we had only 2 towels and NO wash cloths. Also the toilet paper wasn't replaced. There were 3 of us in the room so we had to call the desk and ask for more & what we needed was provided.

My friends and I did not pay for the room or make the reservation but I was still perturbed to see upon arrival that we had 1 king bed instead of the 2 queens that were reserved. The paying party discussed this with the hotel and was told the change was due to some events that were going on in town, however, the room was booked in early June so I don't think that is a good reason.

Overall we had a nice stay and nothing major to complain about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sierra Vista, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I wish I could say the mold was the least of my worries. I travel very often for work and I have NEVER checked out early from a hotel before this hotel. The ceiling in my room was leaking due to the rain and I was on the second floor of a three story building. It was clear that they had tried (and I'm using the term loosly) to fix the issue but it clearly wasn't fixed. The staff seemed to be less than happy about being there and wasn't very friendly or helpful. The floor in my room was also damp, so damp in fact that a pair of my shoes was wet when I stepped into them. I had to put them up on a chair and even then they didnt dry off. The entire hotel was damp and smelled moldy and musky. I would never stay here again and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are plenty of choices for hotels in the area that offer resonable pricing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!