“Nice stay, no complaints” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Grapevine, Texas
“Nice stay, no complaints”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The hotel staff was very nice. I was only staying one night, but I did have time to get into the pool, which wasn't over loaded chorline. There was a smoking deck outside. I travel a lot and the room was better than some of the Comfort Suites I've stayed. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room where you can see you car downstairs, as I don't trust the location 100%.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Laredo, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't stay more than one night at this hotel. My husband and I stayed here for one night as my flight was canceled due to TS Isaac. They don't have a military discount, even though the hotel is only a few miles from Camp Shelby; the bathroom was not cleaned properly, there was garbage on the floor, a wrapper from a feminine hygiene product, to be exact; and the guy at the front desk had a "don't care" attitude. Also, the walls are paper thin. I had a sleepless night because I could hear everything that was going on in the room above us. The beds were somewhat comfortable but really couldn't even concentrate on that because the kid upstairs kept running all night and early morning. There were no utensils or plates in the kitchenette as other hotels with suites have and breakfast was the usual fare.

This hotel was available and we stayed here but I won't repeat the experience.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Coldwater, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel has a nice lobby, friendly front desk employees, large rooms, large bathrooms, and it is very clean.

One small issue with house-keeping: When we arrived there were 4 towels and 2 wash cloths in the room. After room was cleaned next day, we had only 2 towels and NO wash cloths. Also the toilet paper wasn't replaced. There were 3 of us in the room so we had to call the desk and ask for more & what we needed was provided.

My friends and I did not pay for the room or make the reservation but I was still perturbed to see upon arrival that we had 1 king bed instead of the 2 queens that were reserved. The paying party discussed this with the hotel and was told the change was due to some events that were going on in town, however, the room was booked in early June so I don't think that is a good reason.

Overall we had a nice stay and nothing major to complain about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sierra Vista, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I wish I could say the mold was the least of my worries. I travel very often for work and I have NEVER checked out early from a hotel before this hotel. The ceiling in my room was leaking due to the rain and I was on the second floor of a three story building. It was clear that they had tried (and I'm using the term loosly) to fix the issue but it clearly wasn't fixed. The staff seemed to be less than happy about being there and wasn't very friendly or helpful. The floor in my room was also damp, so damp in fact that a pair of my shoes was wet when I stepped into them. I had to put them up on a chair and even then they didnt dry off. The entire hotel was damp and smelled moldy and musky. I would never stay here again and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are plenty of choices for hotels in the area that offer resonable pricing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
killeen, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is by far the worst comfort suites that I've ever stayed at and I am a gold member that tries to stay at comfort suites when I travel. The hotel is in need of a renovation, like 20 years ago. I was supposed to stay for a week but checked out early after complaining that my a/c was making a banging sound all night. After 2 more nights of this I decided to check into Fairfield Inn, which is way nicer. My room at comfort suites was nasty, dirty old carpet. The batroom had mold everywhere, in the shower, on the shower curtains. Even the jets in the jacuzzi were covered in mold. This place is just gross, oh and the backside of the hotel faces a highway. So you get to listen to cars all night.

Room Tip: Go to Fairfield Inn instead, it's much better
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Pretty well ran, staff courteous, clean but showing a little wear.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed in 2 rooms (227and 229) on 06/23/2012. Check in was easy and the staff were extremely pleasant. After a long day of traveling I was looking forward to resting. Both rooms smelled musty, moldy, and needed a good cleaning. The carpets were dirty and felt damp (not wet, just that unclean damp feeling). The breakfast was a little more than continental which was fine. The area is small and couldn't handle the amount of guests that were there. We had to take our food back to our room because there was no place to sit. It was a hassle to juggle your food and drinks. I will probably try somewhere else my next trip through Hattiesburg, MS.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!