“Excellent Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Excellent Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My mother's house was destroyed by a tornado. The next morning I arrived from Florida and took her searching for a hotel to stay in. All rooms at the Fairfield Inn were booked. The General Manager (Beth) personally called 6 different hotels to find a room for my mother (the room found was in a different chain of hotels.). Beth gave my mother her cell phone number and told my Mother to call her the next day and she would do all she could to get her into the Fairfield Inn. Two days later we walked into the Fairfield Inn and asked if Beth was working. J.P. (the assistant GM) immediately asked if my mother was the lady that had been in 2 days ago and had been referred to another hotel. (Beth had made sure her staff was aware of my Mother's situation -- this during a very hectic time as recovery crews were pouring into the city looking for rooms.) JP told my mother that they had room for her. The fact that the staff remembered my mother's situation (during a very hectic time) shows the attention to detail and personal care that this hotel's staff has. My mom has been there 3 days now and every time she walks into the lobby, she is asked if there is anything she needs. With the recovery effort going on, the hotels in this area will be booked for weeks .. Yet the staff there has made my Mom feel safe and a part of the hotel family (a nice feeling after spending the days trying to salvage belongings from a destroyed home.). I cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough -- this is a very special staff who truly care about people. (Oh yeah .. Location and rooms are great too --- that's why we went looking there first.) STAY HERE if you need a room in Hattiesburg!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS. We are so very sorry for your Mother's loss in the recent tornado that swept through our city but are happy that circumstances eventually allowed for us to accommodate her. Customer service and satisfaction is always most importnat at our Marriott property. As General Manager, do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything else that we can do to make your Mother's stay more comfortable and accommodating.

Beth Ballard, General Manager

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Metro DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you've stayed at other Fairfields, you'll recognize the decor, services, rooms, etc. Everything is comfortable and clean. The usual Fairfield front desk convenient store is always... well, convenient. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was adequate, though not great. No problems with parking. Lots of nearby options for restaurants and big box stores.

The price was on the high side, but I've always been somewhat surprised that Hattiesburg hotels are able to charge so much. But it was a good night's sleep with no surprises.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We are pleased to hear about your positive experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Hattiesburg, MS and happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations, from the comfortable, clean rooms to the local selections for shopping and dining! Our guest satisfaction is our priority and #1 goal! We would like for you to visit us again in the future if in the Hattiesburg area and appreciate your positive comments on Trip Advisor.

Mountain Brook, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We left the Super Bowl in New Orleans and drove back to Hattiesburg. The front desk lady was super friendly - typical southern charm. The hotel appeared to be fairly new and was well decorated. Most of the entry doors to the rooms have damage at the bottom and they need to be replaced. The bed was very comfortable. The only complaint is that the hotel was hard to find. We had to circle a few minutes to find the hotel. Better signage would be helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We are happy to know that your experience at the Fairfield, Hattiesburg, MS met your expectations for a pleasant stop before the big game, from the welcoming "southern" greeting by our staff to a restful nights sleep in our guest room. We hope you will choose to stay with us if you are in the Hattiesburg area again in the future. We value your use of Trip Advisor to let us know your satisfaction with your experience here. It is our goal to meet all our guests expectations every visit. Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites, Hattiesburg, MS!

OKC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

A handful of us came to Hattiesburg (from OKC)for a wedding and it was a whirlwind of a trip. Kathy at the front desk was AMAZING. She assisted in getting us checked in early so that we could rest after the long trip & with a couple additional hiccups we encountered along the way. The hospitality in MS did not disappoint!

Thank you- we would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Your review for the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS is just what we like to hear from our guests because it lets us know that we are meeting their needs! Our staff strives to help by addressing each and every particular need. I have informed them of your compliments and we are happy that you will choose our hotel if you are in the area in the future. Thanks for using Trip Advisor to post such positive comments!

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn on my way through town on 12/28/12. It was perfect for a quick trip. The hotel was clean and well maintained, overall, but the bathroom could use some updating. It didn't appear that the shower and tub had been re-caulked in quite some time. It was clean but just little things like that couldn't hurt. It was quiet though and the bed was very comfortable, I slept great.

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Esther at the front desk. She couldn't have been more friendly, helpful and professional. She informed me that I was the 'guest of the day' (due to being a Marriott member (I recommend that you become one if you aren't) and I was upgraded to a suite. After driving for hours in storms, this was a pleasant surprise. I also called to ask about cabs in the area, once I was in my room, and again, Esther was extremely helpful.

This hotel is located off of Hardy, a very busy street in Hattiesburg, so there are a lot of dining options to choose from. I decided on (based on Esther's recommendation) a place across the street called Tabella's. The food was very good and the staff was friendly & efficient. So if you're looking for somewhere to grab some dinner, I recommend this place if you don't want to venture out too far.

I think my only complaint is trying to get to the hotel from Hardy St. when you're coming from the direction of I-59. The left turn lane was very backed up and it takes forever to get through it. Once you turn left, you need to go IMMEDIATELY left again or you've passed it. This was a little difficult to see at night, in the rain. No fault of the hotels, I'm just stating that Hardy at 40th Ave. is a very busy intersection.

I would definitely stay here again and am thankful for the hospitality of the staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
It was great of you to write such a satisfactory review on Trip Advisor about your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites! It sounds like our staff was able to accommodate you with an upgrade, which is available for Marriott Rewards Members when available and help you with several other needs while in Hattiesburg. We are happy that guests want to sample our local cuisine and that we can provide suggestions along that line. Thank you for choosing Fairfield and we hope that you choose us again when traveling!

Elizabethtown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My son and I stopped at this Fairfield on the way to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. I had reserved the room with points. The hotel was easy to find off I-59. The employees that we met were courteous and seemed proud of their job. The room was clean and was a typical Fairfield Inn room. It had a microwave and refrigerator. The breakfast was typical and the breakfast items were well stocked. The only negative was the room still had the old 4:3 analog style TV. Time for an update there. Also the exterior glass of the windows needed a good cleaning. There was a dirt film on it. This hotel is very convenient to the University of Southern Mississippi. I would stay at this hotel again primarily because of the hospitality of the employees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time on Trip Advisor to let us know that your experience at our hotel was not only conveniently located for the ballgame but that we met your expectations! I have told our staff about your complimentary statements about their hospitality and are glad you enjoyed the breakfast array of foods. We invite you to stay with us again if you are in the Hattiesburg area!

Rendon, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Best thing to do if you are needing to stay in Hattiesburg is to get the Miss./La. Coupon booklet which is available at most gas stations in these two states. The savings is substantial...and this is why I gave it a four rating. Plus I get my Marriott points.
Our room was clean and well stocked..has a microwave and small fridge. Premium movie channel ...showtime is available (no charge)

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your satisfaction with our hotel and services by posting on Trip Advisor. It seems that we met all your expectations, which is our goal for our guests! We hope to serve you again in the future by providing the same pleasant accommocations!

Beth Ballard

Been to Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!