“No surprises..typical Fairfield Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Rendon, Tx
“No surprises..typical Fairfield Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Best thing to do if you are needing to stay in Hattiesburg is to get the Miss./La. Coupon booklet which is available at most gas stations in these two states. The savings is substantial...and this is why I gave it a four rating. Plus I get my Marriott points.
Our room was clean and well stocked..has a microwave and small fridge. Premium movie channel ...showtime is available (no charge)

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your satisfaction with our hotel and services by posting on Trip Advisor. It seems that we met all your expectations, which is our goal for our guests! We hope to serve you again in the future by providing the same pleasant accommocations!

Beth Ballard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lima, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

There was nothing really bad about the hotel, it just was not a good stay. We could not get the room to cool down, so we were hot all night. The shower had a lot of mildew in it so it just did not feel clean. We paid $10 more for a bigger room which was nice for our baby. The thing that really upset me is that when we checked in the guy helping us told us breakfast was at 6:30. We got the baby up and planned for that. We go downstairs and some stuff is out, but the fridge is locked. We notice the sign says that breakfast does not start until 7 am. My husband asks the person at the front desk and they say, sorry you have to eat what is available. The breakfast person has the key and they don't come in until 7. I guess I just found that very hard to believe, what if the breakfast person gets sick? I did not like the value for the money and will not stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Beth B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
I'm glad you close to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites and thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear of the problems with your room but will bring those things to the attention of our housekeeping staff. We strive for excellence and hope you will give us another chance to correct those things that were in error.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had guests coming to Hattiesburg for a family funeral. Being a Marriott Platinum Elite Member, I wanted to take care of their room with my points (I had never used my points for someone else's stay!) so I called the hotel, talked with Eric, told him what I wanted to do, and he directed me, with ease, through the steps online, then told me to call him back with their names.

I did as Eric had instructed, called him back...and when my guests arrived the hotel, they called me immediately and told me that they had never been treated better--or greeted more enthusiastically--anytime in their lives than they were treated by the staff and management at this property. (And they're seasoned travelers, in the mid-70s!!!)

The next day, after the funeral, they couldn't thank me enough for getting their room THERE. They told me they had been upgraded to a suite--two rooms, two tvs, etc.--and felt like they were "royalty". Clean, convenient to everything, and included a free, wide-ranging continental breakfast. They said they couldn't have been more pleased--and neither could I, considering this team had acknowledged the value of my guests (and that reassured me I had made the right choice regarding their accomodations).

Let me just say this as an aside: As a Marriott Platinum Elite Member (staying more than 75 nights per year), it's refreshing to KNOW that this property upgrades their Elite members AUTOMATICALLY, (without having to ask).

One of the CLEARLY STATED BENEFITS of the Platinum Elite Status is "FREE ROOM UPGRADES" (provided they are available and those rooms are not taken), but there is certainly a clear difference in those properties who AUTOMATICALLY DO THAT and those WHO DON'T--unless you ask. (Sometimes, it makes one feel like he's "begging" for what is a CLEARLY STATED BENEFIT for being a loyal Marriott Member.)

For my guests...their satisfaction with their accomodations, and for the way they were treated, I'm extremely thankful for the staff and management at Hattiesburg's Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a fantastic review! I have shared your comments with my front desk staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We are happy that we met your expectations in every way, including our complimentary breakfast and clean rooms. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and becoming a Platinum Elite Member! If you are in the Hattiesburg area, please let us serve you and your friends/family again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to New Orleans for a cruise.
Cons: OLD TUBE TV, ROOM FELT HUMID, COFFEE IN LOBBY IS AWEFUL
Pros: FRIENDLY STAFF, CLEAN ROOM, GOOD LOCATION, NICE FREE BREAKFAST, GOOD WIFI

I would stay here again. When booking keep in mind the rooms with two beds are not queen as they call it, they are doubles.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Beth B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your kind words about our Fairfield in Hattiesburg and are happy that you found an overall great experience here! We strive to ensure that our guests enjoy a great complimentary breakfast as well as other ammenities that include room quality. I have brought your comments to the attention of my staff and we will make improvements in those areas you found less than favorable. We hope you will choose Fairfield Hattiesburg for any future visits to the area!

Beth B
Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

3 co-workers and myself stayed here on a recent trip to Camp Shelby. We were overcharged an extra night and i was handed a $250 charge for smoking cigars in my room. I have asthma and dont smoke. Extra nights eventually refunded but not smoking charge. Their response was "our investigation is complete and you know what you did!" I had to cancel my credit card and file a fraud claim thats still pending almost 4 months since our stay. This place is shady. If you have to stay here use cash.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. While we generally receive very positive reviews for this hotel, I always appreciate feedback that shows us where we have opportunities to improve. Based on your comments, it seems we failed to exceed your expectations. All Marriott Hotels are committed to being 100% smoke free and we support that standard. I appreciate your comments and look to resolve this situation. I will contact you personally. Our intention at the Fairfield Hattiesburg is to provide a great guest experience so that you will return. I appreciate your choice in staying with us in July and it is my intention to have you return the next time you are in Hattiesburg.

Beth B
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The service is outstanding at this Fairfield. Also a pleasant breakfast and well-kept rooms. My room had a dehumidifier, and with that going along with the AC it was pretty noisy, but otherwise this is the best place yet I've stayed in Hattiesburg.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Beth B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thanks you for your favorable review for your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS! Our whole staff strives to go the extra mile for all our guests to make them feel at home. We are happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, your room and amenities. We hope that you will choose us again when in Hattiesburg!

Beth,
Boise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here using Marriott Reward points while attending a college football game for the weekend. The staff, i.e. front desk, breakfast, cleaning staff, etc., well defines what Southern Hospitality is all about. Upon entering this facility and throughout your stay one is made to feel welcomed and appreciated. The entire hotel is bright and "cheery" and sparkling clean. Each room has a fridge, microwave, and 32 in. flat screen tv.The breakfast provided offers a myriad of hot and cold choices and ample space to sit down and enjoy it unlike so many facilities who seem to have cramped breakfast quarters for guests. Hot coffee and/or tea is offered throughout the day along with fresh baked tasty cookies in the late afternoon. One afternoon during our stay we were too late returning to get the cookies so Jennifer, the front desk duty person, made additional cookies just to ensure we had some. What a nice touch! This hotel is conveniently located near a freeway and a main traffic artery of Hattiesburg, yet one is never is bothered by traffic noise. There is an ample number of restaurants, fast food places, and a Starbucks located in the immediate proximity of the hotel. There is a great sports bar, Mugshots, within walking distance just north of this hotel. If/when in Hattiesburg we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
"Southern Hospitality" is such a compliment to our staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Hattiesburg, MS because that is what we strive for! Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit and enjoying all our facility has to offer....from the front desk staff who greets you to the breakfast hostess who makes sure that your morning is relaxed and our array of delectable breakfast foods are ready before you depart! We hope you will choose our hotel again when in Hattiesburg.

Beth,

Been to Fairfield Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!