“Tired, but clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Huntsville
“Tired, but clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Older hotel that needs weatherstripping on the doors and better insulation. I agree with others; it used to be another hotel and is now a Hampton. Very noisy with kids running down the hall and screaming and the folks in the room next to us arguing. Room was clean and breakfast was very good. Receptionist and housekeeping were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Get an interior room away from I-59.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jamesboy3, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your time in writing a review for the property. We are glad to know that your room and staff interactions were very positive. We work hard to make sure that each of our guests receves great service. The summer months are often a peak travel time for families and groups. We do apologize on their behalf for the noise. Please stay with us again and do request an interior room if that is your preference and we will do our very best to grant that for you.

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I have to agree with rtj17 (dated 2/26/2013). I thought the same thing he did....this was a different motel at one time that is now a Hampton Inn. I'm not used to having my room with the door outside and was uncomfortable with that, but it turned out to be OK. I didn't sleep well because the air conditioner (a wall unit by the window) would go on (loudly) and then off. This happened all night. I got up and adjusted the temperature several times, and it still did it.

I was here on business and didn't make the reservation....the company I was working for did. If I return, I'll stay at the Hilton Garden Inn not too far away from the Hampton Inn.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jamesboy3, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the review and are here if you are in the city again and need lodging.
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stopped off for an overnight stay while on a road trip through Mississippi. We were greeted by a very friendly person at the front desk. Everything was clean and appeared to be recently updated. The bed was very comfortable. Nice breakfast provided the next morning to start us on the road.

Wished we'd had a ground floor room as we were traveling with a small pet. Maybe this was because we stayed using Hilton Honors points.

Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jamesboy3, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home for the night. We are pleased to know that your stay was that of satisfaction and comfort. The staff is focused on guest service and cleanliness to ensure a great stay for all. If you are ever in the area again please give us a heads up that you prefer the lower floor and we will make sure that you and your pet are treated to the lower floor rooms to provide added convenience. Thank you again for your time and your loyalty.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I left a very negative review last October when I stayed here but would like to update this concerning the hotel and staff. The manager went to great lengths to satisfy us upon learning our displeasure and we greatly appreciate this gesture. While the hotel is old and in need of updating, the manager genuinely cares and I am sure they are working to update the hotel. I would stay here again if needed. I feel as if we might have come on a day of labor shortage which I find quite a bit in Hattiesburg at various establishments.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the update. Time is limited these days and you taking the time to update your previous review means a lot to myself and the staff. We are a constant work in progress and we press to stay competitive in the market. We are here to provide the best service that we can to our guests. Ownership is working on the things that are above our heads but together we have a common goal. Thank you again for being the update and we hope to see you again in the Hub City.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is an older property, might have been another brand in the past. All the usual Hampton amenities were present, but the overall feel is one of a 30 year old hotel that could use some refreshing. If I'm looking to stay at a Hilton HHonors property next time in Hattiesburg, I'll probably choose the Garden Inn nearby.

The hotel is only two stories tall, with one building having all outside doors. This might be an issue for those wanting an inside door not at ground level.

The "business center" is just two computers and a printer near the breakfast area, right next to the entrance to the buffet area. This can be a noisy place at times.

There are several chain restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jamesboy3, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you for giving us a shot while you were in the city of Hattiesburg. I wish that we could have been the perfect hotel for your needs but I see that we were a little off the mark. Nevertheless we are glad that you gave us a shot.
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was a pleasant stay for me. I loved the very friendly staff. The room was clean. The hotel is conveniently located close to the University of Southern Mississippi. I will stay there again. Elevators to upstairs would be a good addition.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us. We truly value your feedback and property loyalty. The staff was elated to hear that your stay was 100% Hampton. We work hard to make sure each and every guests is given the best service and accomodations possible. Thanks again.
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Part of the hotel has interior rooms, and the other part has exterior entrance rooms. The hotel is 2 stories, and the exterior room building doesn't have an elevator. I was put in an exterior entrance room due to traveling with my dog, which was fine, but I ended up on the 2nd floor with tons of luggage to carry up. I travel for weeks at a time for work, and everything was fine for the first week. Until...

I don't know if my stay was bad timing or if this hotel is just normally full of shaddy people. I got woke up at 2am (along with the rest of the hotel guests) on a Sunday morning due to drunk people screaming and fighting outside my room. I called the front desk, and they already had several complaints and police were called. Then, the following Sunday evening, I hear a woman outside my room screaming because she found an older man naked in her 15 year old daughter's room. She was calling 911, and again, the police arrived.

Staff is great. The hotel is nice and $99 per night seemed on point for the quality of the room/hotel, but I have now termed the north 2nd floor balcony Riff Raff Row.

I will likely never stay here again.

Room Tip: No elevator - get a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jamesboy3, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with our family while you were in town. We are sincerely apologetic about the issues that you had to deal with while you were here. The weekend that you were here was a VERY isolated weekend. I wish that we could give you a couple of nights rest back and also press the rewind button and do this over again minus the unruly guest issues. Please give me a call at the hotel.

Been to Hampton Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!