“Overnighter for school” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Jackson, Mississippi
“Overnighter for school”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2014

There are no words to describe this place unless you are familiar with Dante's Inferno. No trash can in room, coffee maker, iron or consistently working lights. TV missing all buttons and remote dead. No access to an iron on the place. Only 2 plugs (one behind the bed) and they are loose, so charge your phone in the car. I had to find something overnight and unfortunately the 'home team' at university had a game so this was it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bartlett, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

First off, my boss booked online then the motel people told us that we had pretty much wasted our time booking online cause boss still had to call and do everything when we got here. Were here for 45 mins and had to change rooms 3 times. First room keys didn't open the door, second room looked like somebody kicked the door in had a big fight right behind the door and the blood was still on the walls. Then the next room there was a 24 box of eggs in the bottom drawer of the chest that the tv sits on with blood all over it, remember this is a different room than the one with the blood behind the door. I try to go to sleep about 11 o'clock on a saturday night in the room that we're in at this point and while laying there watching tv I hear people walking down the balcony where the doors are and our door handle jiggles like somebody is trying to get in our room in the middle of the night I literally slept with my gun in my hand all night. Went to the office after that second night before actual checkout time around 10:30am, to try and talk to them about changing hotels cause we were paid up til the next friday and they tell me that there is no refunds, but they did not have a signed copy of a contract that shows that we physically saw and understood that there was no refunds. And I'm sure that the only reason they have the "no refund policy" in effect is because they know that everybody who don't actually live here is going to want a refund after they see the real piece of crap this place is. Then we get done talking and the owner says "You can go to whatever motel/hotel you want to cause I own them all, the money will still come to me!". There's also so much more with this place. So if you stay PLEASE BEWARE!! I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one week...they have a small selection of cable channels which are mostly sports channels...did not even have vh1 or investigation discovery...the owner came into the room while I was gone and turned the lights off in the room..the WiFi was horrible... i couldn't even get a signal strong enough to connect to the internet...the bed was worn out and very low to the floor...the room smelled awful..would not recommend this hotel to anyone...their ads are very misleading

Room Tip: Sunset Inn would be a better choice than Red Carpet Inn. At least the WiFi works and they have good...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lakeland, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place should be closed. I booked it on line, it was for one night. When I pulled in the driveway I felt like I was pulling into a condemned building. The rundown bar that is out front is not in the picture. Evidently photo shop was used for the pictures online. I did not stay, I did not feel safe. I was lucky enough to find another place to stay, if not I would have just slept in my car.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Perkinston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed for 2&1/2 weeks and on the night of Feb 20 during tornado warnings and watches pouring down rain we were immediately evicted without warning. Horrible service, unclean rooms, every night management was screaming at other customers in rooms around us. Then our night came. We were put out in the middle of thunderstorms and tornado activity. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I came up to Hattiesburg for a week for a college course and the college didn't have any dorms open. I found this hotel in a coupon book called them up and told them the situation. first they gave me a great deal on the room then when my card wouldn't work he took a hundred dollar deposit and let me stay until the remainder came out of my card. once I was here they kept the room clean and tidy everything worked the bed was comfortable I never ran out of hot water everything was great. the staff went above and beyond. I was violently ill this morning and not only did someone come help me back into bed when I fell out and was too weak to move he brought me a bucket and emailed my school to let them know I was sick. this has been the best hotel experience I have ever had:)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Guymon, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

GROSS! AWFUL! UNSANITARY!

We were traveling from Florida to Oklahoma, and I decided to book online. I saw it had 2 bad reviews, but it was only 2 reviews. Maybe they were wrong? No I was wrong...

My boyfriend and I arrived around midnight 1/1/14, and were given rm 143. After driving 13hr, we were EXHAUSTED. At first look, it looks OLD. Paint peeling off the walls. Bare. I noticed there was no plastic shower curtain, only fabic, so the floor was SOAKED when I was finished. I'm a tall girl, about 5'9", and had to dry off with floor towels, since that was the only option available in our room! While I was getting ready, my boyfriend noticed blood on the curtains, and decided to look around the room more. That's when he found a syringe in the luggage rack! When I was done, he told me he had searched the place for needles. I laughed thinking he was joking, then he showed me...and we found MORE blood on the walls!!! We were so tired, and had to drive another 16 hrs the next day so we reluctantly we stayed. The bed looked clean ( didn't find blood or needles on it. I guess that's a positive).

The bed itself was awful! It felt like a thin piece of cardboard sitting on something in the center that caused us to roll towards the outer portions of the bed ( didn't look underneath the bed). Not to mention the large metal pieces protruding from the frame which my boyfriend hit his legs on, and the floor felt dirty.

I took photos and showed the gentleman at the front desk. He seemed apologetic and shocked, but we were only offered our continental breakfast. We have shown the photo of the curtain to a local police officer, and he has said that by the color and pattern IT IS BLOOD. I've tried getting a hold of the company for a full refund, and have encouraged them to contact the local law enforcement ( especially since I read in other reviews how others have seen the same thing!!!!) but they have yet to reply....

Room Tip: Run this dump over with heavy machinery
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!