“Don't Stay here.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
little rock ar
“Don't Stay here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2008

there are plenty of hotels around on hwy, 49, so I will say we will never ever stay here again, nor will I recommend it to anyone else, the rooms were nice, I will give them that much, but while we were getting our things out of the car, (we checked in and went to the room for a few) a homeless man came to us asking for money, then when we locked our doors he looked at my husband and said hay I am a honnest man, you dont have to worry about me, ok why would that come out, 99% of us lock our doors when we are done, well when we left in the morning we were in a rush to get my husband back to camp shelby, and on the way I went to get my daughter the dvd player and what do you know it is not there, this man that was hanging out by our car when we went out, had been in our car, a dvd player, 4 movies, the carrying case and also a 42 dollar check was stollen, we know all were there and this was the only thime we did not lock the doors cause we knew we were coming right back down down. so when I called they said they would check the cameras and call back, so 2 days later I called and he said that they looked and didnt see anything, but when I brought up that he never asked what color, type, model of car we had so what was he looking at, he had nothing to back it up, and said that he is not responsible and refused todo anything. they cant be resposible enough to look into it, much less take care of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dont stay here, you car too may get broken in to, I think we all want to know our things are safe where ever we stay right?

• Disliked — staff--managment
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

My daughters and I were visiting friends in Hattiesburg and stayed here for 3 nights. We loved this hotel and will only stay here on our next visit. The rooms were exceptionally clean and had everything we needed. It was very quiet and we felt so safe, it's as if we were at home. The free breakfast was wonderful and the staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. I will highly recommend this hotel to all of my friends.

Stayed December 2007
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2007

The staff was nice, and helpful. Free Internet that worked (very helpful). I can't complain, it did the trick, and it was a nice clean place.

• Liked — Very clean.
  • Disliked — The breakfast didn't include a foot rub (none realy).
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2007

Stayed here while attending a parents orientation at Southern Miss between June 27-30. Rooms were immaculately clean. Contained most of the standard motel amenities (coffee maker, free wireless internet, ironing board in the room, etc.), but as stated in a previous review, there's no pool. As a side note, there's a fairly decent buffet restaurant called the Farmers Market just north of the motel on Highway 49. Lots of meat items on the menu (ribs, catfish, chicken, brisket), but not much for vegetarians.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2007

We stayed there to attend a class reunion in nearby Columbia - which is approximately 20 minutes west of Hattiesburg.

Nice comfortable rooms. We had a nice King suite with a little living room. Easy to get to from the interstate, but not right off of it, so you didn't hear vehicle noise at night. Ten years ago I had stayed at the Hampton Inn, but liked this hotel much better with the interior corridors. Staff was friendly and very helpful. No pool. Typical continental type breakfast.

The location is in an older area of the city off highway 49 but there is a new convention center and new hotels springing up close to the interstate nearby. You can go south on 49 to get to USM or you can get back on the interstate and go south to the 98 exit to find the newer places to eat and shop.

• Liked — Met our needs perfectly
  • Disliked — Not the best area of town.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oakland County, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2007

We were very satisfied with our accomodations at the Quality Inn... they staff was extremely friendly. A few of us carpooled from Michigan to be with our husbands prior to their Iraq deployment and the person at the front desk was nice enough to allow us to check in to our rooms 4 hours early! They offered a continental breakfast in the morning and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the area.

• Liked — The friendliness & cleanliness.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Tips/Secrets — Great place to stay with your soldier...
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

I stayed at this hotel with my wife prior to my deployment for Iraq. I reserved the hotel on the 800 line. When I called to confirm with the Hotel directly and they said they were not taking reservations(Due to Hurricane Katrina). They did accept my reservation anyways. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Our Toilet was clogged and I had to use a plunger provided from the front desk. No problems after that. The breakfast was simple. The noise from the highway was noticeable without the air on. All in All a good stay.

Stayed March 2006

Been to Quality Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!