“Delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 223 Restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Wisconsin
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The restaurant had several seafood specials the evening we ate there, including fresh-caught crawfish. The service was excellent.

Visited March 2013

“Really good but lukewarm shrimp creole”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I ate dinner here two nights, Thursday & Saturday. I ordered the shrimp creole both nights. Both nights I got a really large portion (I could easily have split it with a girlfriend) with an enormous number of shrimp and a spicy sauce with chunks of tomato & onion & bell pepper. It was delicious, but it would have been SO much better if it had been hot. Unfortunately, it was barely lukewarm in the middle of the plate. It was exactly the same both nights, so it wasn't the day of the week. Sure, I could have sent it back, but why should I have to? Otherwise, the place was great. It was packed, but they have lots of seating, so even on Saturday night (around 6:30 or 7), I only waited 15 minutes or so for a table. Thursday night (around 7 or 7:30) I barely had time to get my glass of wine at the bar before the buzzer went off. Both my servers were friendly in a scripted sort of way. Both had to be reminded on a couple of occasions that I had asked for something that hadn't been delivered. Overall, I'd say this is a good place to go for good Creole food. I'd certainly go back.

Old Orchard Beach, Maine, United States
“High prices, medium portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went here on a date one night, and it was the first time I had ever been to the restaurant. We walked in without a reservation (on a busy night) and were seated after about 5 minutes. The waiter was nice and attentive, although offensive! He assumed my cheeseburger was for my date, and his salad was for me, then made some rude remark about it. I was so embarrassed considered this was my third date with this guy. Anyway, the burger was good as were the fries. I don't remember prices because I didn't pay ;-) I just remember they were somewhat high for small portions. He got a shrimp dish and the portion was TINY. He ended up ordering food at a fast food restaurant once we left because he didn't want to pay the high price for a tiny portion. Overall, good experience. The chairs and tables are WAY too close together.

Visited May 2012
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
“Sorry locals, it's just av everage.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Sorry guys. I dont agree with the rave reviews here. I was looking forward to a great cajun experience based on the reviews, but was let down. First off, ordered the Fried Green Tomatoe apitizer. Waitress brought me a plate smothered with sauce, shrimp, mushrooms and tomatoes. I asked her if this was the Fried Green Tomatoe apitizer and she said yes. I expected plain fried green tomatoes. Instead, I got three slices of green tomatoes smothered in shrimp Creole sauce. Very disappointing. Found out after the fact, that the appitizer comes with shrimp Creole sauce and the side order of green tomatoes is plain. Would have been nice to know that since I ordered the Shrimp Carnival as my main dish. Overload of shrimp no doubt. Main dish was ok. Nothing to rave about. Drinks are very expensive. I had three drinks, that came to $30! More than my $26 appitizer and main course. Service was ok. A little slow when it came to seeing if I needed anything. Overall, not that impressed. If you like Sushi, I recommend Edo Shushi in Hattiesburg. That was excellent.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MS
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We have visited this restaurant many times over the past 16 years- always a great experience. The food is delicious every time, very fresh- it is an more upscale restaurant price wise, but well worth it. We usually reserve for special occasions and are always very pleased with the experience.