“Best in Hattiesburg for the money..” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Hattiesburg South
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Church Hill Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39402   |
Ranked #7 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pearl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

You sometimes get disturbing or rowdy people staying at motels when the rates are so very decent. However, we had no loud noise and the rooms were very comfortable. The staff was so very nice...We stayed 2 separate nites and both times they were very polite and accomodating...Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Max26656, Manager at Super 8 Hattiesburg South, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 601-264-7668.
League City, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were making a long road trip with 3 kids and chose the Super 8 in Hattiesburg MS as a halfway point. I called the hotel after I booked the room online and asked them for 2 beds, they informed me that they only had single rooms left. I booked with a travel site so that was fine, as there was nowhere on the booking to reserve separate beds. When we got to the hotel there was a lady working behind the counter who not only did not acknowledge that I had walked in, but instead continued her conversation with her friend who was hanging out in the lobby with her kids. Once they had decided that the friend was going to take her kids to the movies and left the desk clerk acknowledged my presence. I asked about a roll away bed and was told that they did not have any. I was declined 3 times when making reasonable requests and told with great condescension that "That's what you get when you book through Priceline". I understand that I did not book direct and did not pay full fare, but is that seriously the way guests are to be treated?

I accepted the defeat and we made our way to the room, which had a very clearly marked "No Smoking" sign on the door. This, as well as the no smoking sign in the lobby, was a relief to me as my kids have allergies. The relief only lasted long enough to get the door open though, since the room smelled more like a bar than a hotel room. The smell of smoke was so thick that it could be tasted when breathing. I did get a kick out of the ashtray ironically placed near the no smoking sign in the room. I called the front desk and was told that regardless of the sign I was in fact in a smoking room and "That's what you get when you book through Priceline. I thought we might could make the best of it until one of my kids used the bathroom and the plumbing let out a scream like a screeching cat, that lasted a good 2 minutes. I said, OK, let's just go to bed and pulled back the sheets to find dirt. Not stained sheets, dirt. Little balls of actual dirt. I called the front desk to ask for another room and they were booked. I asked for a refund and was told that there was nothing they could do, and once again I was informed that "That's what you get when you book through Priceline. I have booked through Priceline on several occasions and in fact am typing this review from a very nice room that I booked through Priceline as well, so I am very aware that not all hotel experiences that are booked through Priceline turn out horribly. I don't know what employees the other reviewers dealt with or what rooms they stayed in, but I can promise that room 212 was not one that got good reviews. I will never stay at a Super 8 again and will in the future be apprehensive about using Priceline to book for fear that I will land back in that situation.

Super 8 should be ashamed of the hotel on Churchill in Hattiesburg and the welcome and cleaning crews need some more training.

Room Tip: To get the best room, avoid this hotel like the plague, which it might actually have...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Rendon, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great value...very clean. But best of all the front desk was so friendly and accommodating. When you get treated like they really appreciate your business...well that's about the best that can ever be said. From our phone call hours earlier to determine if a room was available, to our check-in experience everything was great. Give this place a try..excellent rates are available.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Max26656, Manager at Super 8 Hattiesburg South, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Fred:

Been to Super 8 Hattiesburg South? Share your experiences!