“Pleasant stay at Candlewood Suites in Hattiesburg.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
“Pleasant stay at Candlewood Suites in Hattiesburg.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I spent one night here in September 2012. I had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites motel, and I did not know that it is part of the same conglomerate as the Holiday Inn chain of hotels.
I do not cook much for myself, so I did not use most of the extras that come with these rooms. My room came with a full - size refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a stove. I also enjoyed a very comfortable king - sized bed, and a clean bathroom. The room was quiet, in spite of the fact that the motel is not a great distance from Interstate 59.
As far as service is concerned, I left my suit coat and a dress shirt hanging in the closet of my motel room, but I received a package in the mail two days after I called the front desk. Mo, the front desk clerk, could not have been more helpful. Thank you again for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bob P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your stay and review of your experience at our hotel. A lot of our amenities are for extended stay guest, but it is also useful for our many overnighters as well. Our staff strives on providing excellent customer service at all times and making sure you receive the best experience here at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you received your items back in an efficient and timely manner. Again, thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Only had a one (1) night stay but it was very comfortable and accomodating. Since I am a Priority Club Member I was welcomed with a free bag of pretzels, a free water, and a free drink coupon from "the cupboard." The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time out to share your comments about your stay the Candlewood Suites. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed one of the amenities from our hotel, for being a Priority Club Card member. We give our staff much credit for the wonderful job here at Candlewood Suites. Once again, thanks for the great review and staying with us! Hope to see you again….
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stopped on our drive to New Orleans. The rooms were very nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There were convenient snacks downstairs. It was nice that there was a night light on the blow dryer in the bathroom. We never saw any insects. It was also nice to have a full size refrigerator, microwave, and ice maker in the room. The a/c worked great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definately stay at a Candlewood Suites again.

Room Tip: The entire hotel was quiet, slept without interuption, convenient to restraunts.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, for sharing your comments and choosing Candlewood Suites for your stay. I pleased to hear that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel and our cupboard. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and slept very comfortably at our hotel. Our staff works hard to ensure that all guests are welcomed to a clean and fresh room. We really appreciate your feedback and the comments about the staff and your stay. Thank you again for your stay and we hope to see you again. We hope you stop through for a visit again.
Floral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We checked a couple of other hotels before staying here. Even though it was more $ than we normally pay and more accomodation than we needed, the rooms were excellent, service was very good and we would recommend this hotel to anyone. The bed was very comfy.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator will be quieter - ours was and we were very comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Sue. Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites in Hattiesburg for your lodging accommodations. We appreciate the wonderful feedback about your stay with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable beds at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again. Again, thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Let me tell you something that I had more than 15 rooms for my employees they staying there for more than two years, I never have one complain form anyone of them about the hotel or about the staff. Is that tell you anything, imagine 15 room in 2 years not one complain. I had another 50 rooms some where else (unfortunately I can't get them there) all of them they want to stay in Candlewwod suit but the only problem is the hotel is sold out most of the days. The management in Candlewood they are the best people I ever meet in my life, they are willing to go out of they way to make everyone happy. They help me a lot and I don't know what I will do without them.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Oxford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Upon checking into this hotel, my family and I discussed the property seemed neat and orderly. However, the decor is very minimal and the hallways and lobby are tiny. The room seemed to be clean enough, however after waking up the next morning, my husband discovered a dozen or so ROACHES coming out of the kitchen sink! When I notified the clerk at the front desk, she politely told me, "We live in the South, so we have roaches.". (I have lived in Mississippi all of my life and never had to live with roaches.) Luckily, I found a room for the next night, at the Courtyard by the Marriott.
When I went to collect our luggage and cancel our reservation for that night, the clerk apologized and quietly told me that the "problem had been resolved". When my son and I entered the room, we were greeted by more roaches in the kitchen sink!
When we walked past the check-in desk, the clerk was explaining our situation to a man who appeared to be the manager/owner. He never offered an apology or to reimburse us for the room. I missed my daughter's first game of the soccer tournament that weekend switching hotels. Also, it was extremely inconvenient and we are out the cost of gas going back and forth.

A Disgusted Guest

Room Tip: There is not a restaurant or swimming pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Donna B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I am a weekly traveler who is very familiar with hotels. First the lobby is tiny and the entry is convoluted, not at all typical for other Candlewood's. Second they didn't have my room type ready for me and I had to take a handicap room that was misrepresented to me. Then when I get to the room the key doesn't work and after having to return to the front desk there is no one there. I had to then stand around for 5 minutes waiting for someone to return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!