“Nice, clean hotel, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice, clean hotel, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel with a large group in September 2012. The service was very good, the rooms were clean and the breakfast was great. The servers at breakfast went out of their way to recognize our group members and make them feel welcome. The breakfast (it was included in our group rate) had a good variety and was very well prepared.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have traveled for most of my career. Often hotels have become very genaric to me however, the Courtyard in Hattiesburg certainly was anything but that. When I arrived I was greeted with a smile and a willingness to assist. The lady at the front desk may have been one of the very best front desk staff people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The hotel was spotlessly clean, well appointed, and extremely comfortable. Beyond a doubt we I am in the area I will only stay here. This may well be one of the best Courtyard's in the country.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pontotoc, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am very concerned about the cleanliness of any hotel I stay in. This hotel did not appear to be clean when we arrived. The trash can outside was overflowing with trash. However, when we went into the lobby, It appeared a lot more tidy. The problem was we had ants crawling all over the nightstand in our room. The hotel personnel came in and sprayed. We were not offered another room or accomodations. When we reported the problem, we were told by the manager that this area has experienced a tremendous amount of rain which drives ants to higher ground, and unfortunately into buildings. And to top it off, we found a bug in our bed that next morning. Our room was comped, not charged, but my advice is to Find another hotel..., don't stay here. It is not clean and it was a horrible experience, contrary to what the other reviewers have said.

Room Tip: Take note of whether the outside areas are clean and well-maintained. Also ask to see your room befo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hattiesburg, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for contacting me with your concerns. As stated in our conversations, I apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused. I certainly would have moved your room or found you other accomodations if our hotel and the city of Hattiesburg was not 100% sold out, we tried. Not only did I immediately not charge you for your nights stay, we also gave you Marriott Rewards points for your stay, and then added more for your inconvenience when you called back. Even the best preventative maintenance programs fall short sometimes, and when that happens we do our best to accomodate our guests needs. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I booked 2 rooms online while traveling July 13, 2012 . Upon check-in around 10p, one of the rooms they sent us too was already occupied. Luckily, the occupants were not in the room at the time I used my key and entered - would have been a terrible situation. The other room, the key didn't work. Went back to desk for another room assignment. Took forever - hotel was overbooked, finally got 2 more rooms. Went to next set of rooms - one of them was occupied AGAIN! These occupants had their door open so we fortunately diverted this disaster. Went back to Front Desk, took forever to clear this up and find 2 unoccupied rooms. They gave us free breakfast for our trouble...I thought that one complimentary room was more appropriate given these cirumstances.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I always stay at courtyard. If you read my review of the Fairfield inn in Hattiesburg you will know that we switched hotels as soon as we checked in. We came to the courtyard. It was a world of difference, excellently clean and great rooms. The staff was understanding and extremely helpful. If you are coming through and going to gulf shores, or Florida stay here! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chris R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hattiesburg, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience at our hotel. We appreciate all comments, and its always nice to hear about positive experiences. Thanks again for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Hattiesburg.
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My family and I checked in the Marriott after having a negative experience at another hotel in Hattiesburg. There was a huge soccer tournament that weekend and we were pretty desperate to find new accommodations. Upon calling the Marriott, we were please with their willingness to try to find a room for us. The clerk wrote down my name and promised to get back with me if they had any cancellations. I wasn't very hopeful with all of the players and family in town. However, I was called back that afternoon to be told we had a room! When we checked in, I got to meet the clerk who helped us. I cannot compliment this young lady enough. She was helpful and patient with a bunch of dirty, sunburned soccer players and parents. The rooms are terrific. We needed a roll away bed. From the time I called the front desk, the bed was at our door 10 minutes later. My children loved the pool!

The only negative I have to mention is that you are required to pay for breakfast. A simple breakfast should be included in the cost of your stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Hotel is beautiful and conviently located for people coming in town. We had a large number of guests staying and they were all happy with their stay...especially their time by the pool! The staff was beyond helpful and hospitable during our planning and took care of everything for me. We were able to use the meeting room for our "Hospitality Suite" which the guests loved. A special thanks to the Director of Sales, Merrily Strickland, who made every question and concern a priority and simply made it easy for us. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!