“Rails to trails” 5 of 5 stars

League City, Texas
13 attraction reviews
“Rails to trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I rode my rode bike on this multi-use trail that once was a railroad route. The asphalt service was smooth and clean for the 34 miles that I rode out and back. Rest rooms were available along the route, and I enjoyed the trees, shade, and shelter from wind. The route is almost arrow straight with no hills, although there were gentle inclines that were easier to detect when I was tired. There were other cyclists, walkers, runners, and one in-line skater. Everyone was friendly and I enjoyed the ride.

Visited May 2013

Baton Rouge, LA
3 attraction reviews
“WOW!! What ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am an avid bicycle rider and have been for a number of years. There is a project called "Rails to Trails" where they convert old railroad beds into parkways. It is a bike path, walking path, roller blade and horse trail that parallels the paved path. The Longleaf starts in Hattiesburg, MS very near the Southern Mississippi College campus. The trail ends in Prentiss, MS (about 41 miles). It is a beautiful, well kept and laid out bike path. Several small towns along the way as well as beautiful country side, farms and very nice homes. There are two places I have stopped to eat lunch. The Sit and Eat in Bassfield and the Seafood Plus in Prentiss. Both have good food and good prices. If you are into bicycling, check this one out. I go at least once a month from Baton Rouge, LA.

Visited May 2013