“Great Crab Claws & Burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 215 restaurants in Hattiesburg
Cuisines: American
Shreveport, LA
“Great Crab Claws & Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went here for dinner while visiting family for the weekend. The main reason I wanted to go here was to try their Chargrilled Oysters but they were out. The server said it was seasonal. The fried crab claws were brought table side right out of the fryer and were some of the best we've ever had. The Burgers and Onion rings were huge and delicious. Even the sliders in the trio sampler were very big. The Ahi Tuna Appetizer was a little disappointing as we were expecting a more sushi type dish with soy and wasabi flavor. Great atmosphere and we loved the license plate food platters. Very good experience and I would visit again in the future. Some of the table have built in beer taps, which is something I've never seen before. If they had Blue Moon on tap at my table I would have given them a five!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Georgia B, Manager at Georgia Blue, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
You should check out our Flowood store! We have a MS craft beer Tap Table!

78% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Should have been better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Had the red beans and rice for lunch. I thought the meal was rather dry..not moist enough. This was my first visit because I don't live here. I thought the prices are a little high. The blue plate special sounds good but only offers two meats and three veggies to choose from...not enough selection. If I lived here I might try one more time but frankly I wasn't impressed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Georgia B, Manager at Georgia Blue, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Mike, we're sorry you weren't impressed with your meal. Our Red Beans & Rice is one of our best sellers and we have a different Blue Plate selection every day of the week. We have one of the most diverse and varied menus in the area, with everything from Atlantic Salmon to Fried Green Tomato with Praline Bacon BLT, so we hope you will give one of our dishes a try.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Lots of Choices, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a relatively new restaurant in Hattiesburg. Atmosphere is laid-back casual, sports-bar type vibe. Food is southern with a twist. Lots of options (including appetizers and sandwiches/salads as well as entrees) at a variety of price points.

The service here was very friendly and attentive. We were served quickly.

My husband and I shared an appetizer recommended by our server, the turnip green bites (deep-fried mosels of turnip greens, bacon and cheese with a breading served with honey mustard remoulade). These were extremely tasty but had been fried a little too long. The outer crust was a daarrrkkk brown as opposed to golden brown and the shell a little hard and tough. We had to cut them open as opposed to biting into them, but the flavor of the filling was smoky and delicious, especially with the sweet/tangy sauce.

My husband's burger was huge (looked like a homemade bun). The hand cut fries (more like potato wedges) were very good.

I ordered the crispy smoked duck salad which was also quite large. It was good but suffered a little in comparison to duck salads I've eaten elsewhere. The spring mix was fresh and there was plenty of blue cheese crumbles and a few carmelized onion strips, but I couldn't find the pecan smoked bacon the menu promises anywhere in there. The crispy smoked duck leg is served whole on top of the salad which was a little surprising (and kind of awkward) The flavor of the meat was good, however. The salad comes with blue vinegarette which sounded good but lacked the sweet/tart tang that is necessary to really do justice to the flavors of a salad like this. The salad came with 3 dry slices of sort-of toasted French bread which added nothing . Serve salad with hot bread and butter or with real homemade croutons or don't bother.

We got there fairly early (around 6) and were home by 7, not bad for a weeknight dinner.

I would eat here again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Georgia B, Manager at Georgia Blue, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us! We do hope you'll be back soon.
“Definitely don't want to miss eating here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Georgia Blue has such a great, casual atmosphere! (And I appreciate that as I new mom!) The food is very good and the prices are good to boot! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. You'll love it as much as I do!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Georgia B, Manager at Georgia Blue, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you! And congratulations!
Madison, MS
“A little of everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

New place, has a location both here in Hattiesburg and Madison. Nice atmosphere, great service and decent food. This was my first experience with Georgia Blue. I was in Hattiesburg for business and wanted to let my company pay for my first time.

I went for the red beans and rice. It had excellent presentation, but say taste was average. The sauce was a little thick for my tasting, in fact I thought they put chili on it at first. Probably would not recommend this item. Hopefully some of the other choices would be better. Prices are a bit high, ranging from about $9- $30. I had plenty portion, enough to split with your spouse if you choose.

I was early, so music was not playing.

Will try again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Georgia B, Manager at Georgia Blue, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for the review John! We hope you will try us again.