“The wrap around porch--won us over” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Sturgeon Bay
“The wrap around porch--won us over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We enjoyed a short stay at this hotel last spring, this year we reserved a week--the rooms are spacious and comfy-location is great and the amenities out door pool for sunning porch with rocking chairs for reading. Warm sunny location several great places to eat with in walking distance or just a couple miles down the road. We are definitely enjoying practicing for retirement.
Staff is friendly and the breakfast never leave you wanting or board

Room Tip: We have stayed in building B both trips its close to the pool and the main building where breakfast...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Mo I, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Gilbert K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide with such positive feedback! Your constant business and feedback is the reason why we strive to continue providing exceptional service to all of our guests and grow as a property and team. We humbly thank you for your review.

Also, we are honored to know that you have been well accommodated here at our hotel and grateful to know that you are happy with the service that has been provided throughout your multiple visits. Hopefully we will continue to make you proud and successfully accommodate you during your visits to the best of our abilities.

Let it be known, that we will have the porch swept and the breakfast ready and fully for your next visit.

Again, we thank you for your business and your remarkable review and we look forward to continue doing business with you and accommodating all of your lodging needs.

With our deepest of gratitude

Comfort Inn, Hattiesburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pearl, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We booked as a 2 star on Hotwire. We knew it was a little risky. We had reserved the room for 2 nights. We go in late so we had to stay the first night; all the other motels were full. Even though we paid for 2 nights. We left the next day. There was dust all over the coffee pot. Brown water came out of the shower. The toilet wouldn't flush. We had to call them and maintenance had to fix the A/C for it to work. It sounded like it would die any minute. Room smelled Aweful!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mo I, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear DCook93,

My team and I would like to offer our deepest of apologies for all of the inconveniences that you and your family had to experience throughout your stay here with us at the Comfort Inn! My team and I are truly disappointed that we were unable to provide you with a memorable and comforting stay, we never aim for that kind of service and will do our best to ensure that nothing similar to any of the mentioned happenings occur in the future.

In closing, again, my apologies go out to you and your family for the horrible experience you had to endure at our property. We will make sure our rooms are in better condition and hopefully, in the future if you were ever to grant us the opportunity in redeeming ourselves in your eyes, we will make your stay is impeccable!

Thank you for your critical and honest feedback and I hope that your next visit to Hattiesburg is a much more pleasant and fulfilling one.

With my deepest of gratitude and respects,

Assistant General Manager
Comfort Inn Hattiesburg
Brandon, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Positives: Front desk staff very courteous and helpful
Breakfast very good and staff extremely friendly
Workout area was in lobby and extremely well lighted
Room had microwave and mini fridge
Room was quiet

Neutral: No problem with location

Negatives: Water in shower ran really rusty/yellow. If you left it running long enough it did clear.Former reviews from years ago also mentioned this. Obviously this problem can't or won't be fixed. Just couldn't bring myself to wash my hair with the water.

Room : Mattress was clean, bed spreads VERY worn--small holes in one of them. Carpet was old--I wore socks so I would not walk directly on carpet. Strong air freshner used. Raillings on steps to 2nd floor were loose.

Room Tip: Reviews for this hotel have been mixed. Guess we got one of the not so good rooms. I will not be c...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ipw2014,

First and foremost, let me preface by stating that my team and I would like to sincerely apologize to you and your family for our inability to provide you with a relaxing and memorable stay.

These inconveniences are of great priority and they do not go unnoticed! Believe me when I say that your satisfaction is of great importance and that we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure that we offer an exceptional experience for you and our guests in the future. I would also like to apologize in relation to the water issues that occurred during your stay. As a property we were going through water maintenance due to a leak that had occurred by the pool area on that date. I apologize that our maintenance affected you directly during your stay. I can assure you that this water issue in particular is not a re-occurring one, nor will it happen in the future and we will make sure to better time our maintenance handling, regardless of what it may be to ensure a better stay for our guests.

In closing, we hope that someday we may be able to redeem ourselves in your eyes and make things right. Please, do not lose faith in us and we hope that our positives may somehow give us the chance to serve you once more, for that opportunity we would be forever grateful.

Respectfully,

Comfort Inn University, Hattiesburg
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I received this hotel from a priceline two-star bid. Considering the price I paid, this Comfort Inn was a great value.

Room/Facility: My second-floor king bed room in the "A" building was quite nice, if a bit dated. It had a small balcony overlooking the parking lot (and an abandoned HoJo's next door). Everything in the room worked as expected. The bed was a bit lumpy, but provided a decent night's sleep. The property is rather spread out. The distance from the reception area to the furthest rooms is a good distance. (From what I could tell, there are four buildings - A, B, C, and D -- and D is the furthest away. D houses the smoking rooms) In general, the facility is plain but clean. It could use a good renovation to give it a nice boost. One item of note for anyone who is concerned about safety -- a room key is not required to enter the "A" building from the parking lot. I'm not sure if it's the same for the other buildings. But considering how far away the room buildings are from the front desk, it kind of surprised me that no key was required to enter the hallways.

Service: Everyone I came into contact with was really nice. In particular, the female front desk agent working at about 9PM when I arrived was especially nice. There is a "manager's reception" Tues-Thurs evenings with free cocktails. I did not attend, but it is a nice gesture.

Location: Decent. The Comfort Inn is nestled among a cluster of other budget hotels, including the aforementioned Ho Jo's that appears to have been shuttered. It's on a main road. There did not appear to be anything else of interest (restaurants, etc) in the immediate vicinity. I drove 5-10 minutes to find a gas station and someplace decent to eat. I noticed that the entire city of Hattiesburg had a weird smell to it -- kind of like a paper mill. I'm not sure if there is some sort of plant nearby, but it was a bit irritating after a while. This is, of course, not specific to this hotel, but a point to consider if you are sensitive to smell or have allergies.

Misc: I did not eat the breakfast, but it looked great.

Overall, this hotel was a great value. I don't think everyone would be thrilled with it, but if you set your expectations appropriate for the price paid, it is hard to disappoint.

Room Tip: The "A" building is the closest to the front desk. The second floor rooms facing the parki...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Dave C,

First and Foremost, I would like to extend my deepest of gratitude to you and your family for your honest, critical, and positive review of our property. It truly means the world to us!

Moreover, I would like to assure you that we are currently in a renovation process, on the verge of completion, to where all four of our buildings will be closed in completely from the outside with key locks for enhanced security and comfort for all of our guests. I hope that during your future stay with us this will be a plus in your eyes and that it creates a much superior stay.

We are humbled to know that we were able to meet your standards in service and we hope to continue to do so throughout your future visits.

In closing, again, I would like to thank you for your business and wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you in the future and providing you with an even greater stay than your previous one.

Respectfully,

Comfort Inn University Hattiesburg
Birdseye, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Every year on our way to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, we spend a night at the Comfort Inn in Hattiesburg, MS. This year we rented 3 rooms there. The hotel staff is always so friendly. We love the free evening cocktails and then the very good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Mo I, General Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Danny S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your glowing review. Your kind words mean the world to our team here at the Comfort Inn. Your satisfaction is important to us and we are humbled and proud to have been able to provide you with a great stay!

Again, our greatest of appreciation goes out to you and your family for your business and wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you next year and accommodating you in the best way we know how to, the Comfort Inn way!

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been staying at the Comfort Inn in Hattiesburg, MS for extended periods of time over the past 12 years. I keep returning to this property when working in the area every chance I get because I have always found the staff to be friendly, competent and eager to please. The current management team has kept up that tradition. The general manager "Mo" personally greets each guest that he comes in contact with to make sure that they are having a good experience during their stay. Jessica the front desk manager, by keeping a well trained staff, makes the reservation, check in and check out process swift and efficient. Jordan, the guest service attendant/bartender, with her vibrant personality, makes "Happy Hour" that much more enjoyable. "Miss Charmin" the breakfast hostess is always there to greet you with a warm smile in the morning while serving you a nice hot breakfast. I rated this hotel "very good" instead of "excellent" only because it is an older hotel, however, I have noticed that the new management is very aggressively making the needed updates and I have seen several improvements in just the few weeks that I have stayed here. Thanks to the hotel staff for always remembering me and making me feel welcome, Will T.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Mo I, Manager at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Mr. Will T,

First and foremost, on behalf of the entire Comfort Inn team, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a positive review! The team and I are ecstatic to know that you have been well served here at our property. Your honest feedback and praise in how we can better serve you and loyalty to our team is the reason why we strive to continue providing exceptional service to you, all of our guests, and grow as a property and team. We humbly thank you for your review, your business, and loyalty.

Also, I want to point out again that we are humbled to know that you have been well accommodated here at our hotel and we are grateful to know that you are happy with the service that has been provided throughout your multiple visits. Hopefully we will continue to make you proud and exceptionally accommodate you during your future visits. It has truly been an honor for us to be your hotel of choice throughout your extended period of travel.

Let it be known, that Jordan will have the bar and dining area ready for you, Charmin will have the breakfast hot, Jessica will take care of all your front desk needs, and the rest of the team and I will do everything we can to ensure that your stay is most pleasant as you have come to know it.

In closing, again, we are forever grateful for your constant business, your remarkable review, and your loyalty to our team and property. We look forward to continue accommodating you to the best of our abilities because there is no other way that we would want to treat family!

Sir, with our deepest of gratitude and respects

Natchez, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

I love the people here; they treat you well as a regular, like myself, and walk-ins get the same treatment. If you are in the Hattiesburg area come here Tues-Thursday nights (no free cocktails Friday-Monday nights). Nothing's free though, TIP YOUR BARTENDER

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Michael,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful review. Your feedback is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and great stays for you and all of our present and future guests.

We are ecstatic and honored to know that your stay with us was a wonderful one. Let it be known that we'll have our bar ready and the drinks cold for when you are back here with us. As well as do our best to make it an exceptional stay for you and all your representatives.

In closing, we are truly grateful for your awesome review, your constant business, and the excitement you bring to our team and property when you are here with us!

Many Thanks!!

Asst. General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn University? Share your experiences!