“Decent affordable place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Hattiesburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6563 US Highway 49 North, Hattiesburg, MS 39401   |
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Georgia
“Decent affordable place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was not one of the nicer La Quintas but was quite fine for sleeping during a 1000 road trip home. Front desk people were very nice. For the first time I can remember, the front desk called my room about 10 minutes after I'd checked in to ask me if my room was okay. I was shocked. The hallway carpet seemed a little dated. Room was fine and clean. A/C was strong. Bathroom was fine. Breakfast was typical Bright Side La Quinta with nothing special. McDonalds right next door and a buffet 100 yards away. Easy access on and off I59. I'd stay here again if I could get a good deal since we tend to try La Quintas.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florence, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is the filthiest place I have ever stayed. OMG!!!! Rooms, Floors, and Linens everything was nasty and disgusting. The towels were dirty too. I saw the staff just walking around no one pick up a vacuum cleaner and did the floors and there were dogs everywhere. Don't make reservations at this place it should be closed the score card in the eatery section is expired!!!! Where is the board of health? I will never, never, never, stay there again it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

After I checked out and was over 100 miles away, I realized I left an unsent letter on the desk in the room. When I called the hotel and asked them to mail it, Becca from the front desk informed me that I also left my Mac laptop. I am so incredibly grateful that Becca saved my laptop. Becca also sent me the laptop via overnight mail, and mailed the letter for me too! She was amazing - thank you! As far as the accommodations, perfect location if you're driving on I-49 and have a dog and need a place to stay during your drive. Price was very fair.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

After a bad experience with a hotel in Loxley Alabama it was such a delight to check into La Quinta , as always Friendly, Clean, Up to Date and Pet Friendly.
Next door to Mc Donalds was an extra bonus.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel was easy to access and upon entering the lobby it was clean. The lady was very helpful on checking us in. The room was a non smoking room and there was no smell of smoke. The bathroom was clean and plenty of towels. I would recommend LaQuinta Inn to anyone that wants to stay in a quite / clean place. Also, the staff, including grounds men and breakfast staff was very polite and made it a point to speak to you. Thats what I call good ole southern hospitality. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Allen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was the worst experience i have ever had in ANY hotel. Our key cards would only work one time on the room door and hotel exterior doors. We tried 6 different cards. We finally had to leave because we couldn't access the rooms long enough to get unpacked. The staff was polite but seemed resigned that they could not do anything about it. We cancelled our reservation and went to the Hampton Inn instead. This expereince was more stressful than the 12 hour drive the preceded it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. This place is a cluster.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!