“Descent prices for a stop over” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Hattiesburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6563 US Highway 49 North, Hattiesburg, MS 39401   |
Ranked #18 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Cooper
“Descent prices for a stop over”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here with our 2 fur babies on our way to Florida for the past couple of years. Very dog friendly. Staff is nice; hotel is a little dated. It isn't an expensive hotel. It does have a descent continental breakfast. Right on the road to Florida and across the street from the Hattiesburg visitor center for a great walk around the lake with our babies.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel has seen better days. Overall this places just feels dirty. The bathroom has patched drywall and they used a different color paint to try and cover it up. We have stayed here in the past, but this will definitely be the last time.

• Stayed June 2013
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

On a trip with my daughter...traffic issues forced us to stop in Hattiesburg. Found this hotel online as we drove. The shampoo in the bathroom was used and half empty...there was enough towels for one person, one night. The toilet would not flush...stains would indicate this is a long standing issue. Someone else 's hair on the bathroom floor. Stairs to rooms covered with trash. People wandering the halls drinking and playing phones till 2am...

Room Tip: No positive tips at this time
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were driving through from TX to FL and needed a stopping point that accepted dogs. We entered our room and there were two cockroaches in the bathroom, one on the floor and one in the sink. The sink bowl was not connected to the counter so there was a half inch gap between the two. The next morning the blow drier worked for about 30 seconds before shutting off. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, pushing the off button, etc, but to no avail. The shower water also did not drain at all. By the end of my shower I was standing in water to my mid-shin. The tv was outdated. It was not a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stated here numerous times and have always had a positive experience. The staff has been friendly, polite, and very helpful in meeting my needs. My rooms have been clean and comfortable. I especially like the downstairs arrangement of the rooms with the patio doors to the parking area as well as an area in the back to take my dogs. I will always stay here when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We are loyal to La Quinta, but this place was a nightmare! I noticed right away that one of the pillows had a large, bloody stain. The front door did not fit properly, and the air conditioner sounded like an airplane. No wonder the television had subtitles I couldn't remove! It was hot, but I had to turn it off in order to sleep. There was no clock in the room either. When we got up the next morning, we couldn't take a shower because of zero water pressure. But, the sink was just fine. When I complained to the desk, they offered to move us to another room to shower, but we passed. I brought the bloody pillow to the front desk for them to dispose of. The customer service was actually good, and they were very apologetic and gave us a cut rate on the room. The day manager wasn't aware of the plumbing problems, and another gal told him that it has been a problem for over a week. I called La Quinta, but they told me to talk to the hotel manager, which I did. This hotel needs a lot of work!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!