“Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Buda, Texas
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The front desk staff was nice enough. The other hotel staff was very friendly. Pool was closed for painting. This subtracted from the value. This was a pet-friendly hotel, which added to the value. Exercise room was locked or closed. Only one set of towels, so I had to send my son to the front desk for more. Had only 1 bottle of shampoo and this had the conditioner mixed in. I don't like that. It was an average stay. The best thing about the stay was the pillows! Very comfy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is right off the interstate and located on hwy 49. It is very reasonably priced and has excellent staff. Breakfast is offered on site. My only complaint was there was not enough breakfast to last until 9 AM. I had to go to McDonald's and get something to eat. There are several good restaurants that are close to the hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were moving to Hattiesburg and needed a place to stay when we came down to look for a house. We have stayed in La Quinta hotels before and have been pleased. This place was absolutely filthy. There were leaves on the floor in the hallway and hairs in the bed and bathroom. There was trash on the floor of our room. They had an event there that evening. We did not arrive in town until 2 a.m. and the plates with food on them had never been cleared off. There were roaches crawling around. We stayed there until 7 a.m. and then left for the Hampton which was very nice and accepted pets. I could not even bring myself to sleep in the bed it was so disgusting. I slept for a few hours in the chair with my head on the desk. It was the absolute worst hotel I have ever stepped foot in.

Room Tip: Steer clear of the La Quinta
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked this room based on reviews here.95% of the time they have been spot on. NOT this one! We booked a room for 1 night traveling with 2 dogs. We checked in and they sent us to the back of the hotel where(sketchy) people were living. The whole area was covered with trash,the non-smoking room smelled of smoke from the hallway.The smell of urine soaked carpets made me choke right after I opened the door.The bathroom was filthy with hair and stained towels. We asked for another room and it in the same section only 2 doors down with the same problem.
We got a refund and checked in to the Comfort Inn right down the street.
Absolutely the worst La Quinta I've ever stepped foot in!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
shreveport
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Awful. Hattisburge is a dump and this hotel reflects that. We had two rooms, one smelled so badly of dog urine, they came to my room.. I had no smoke alarm, just wires hanging out of the wall. The carpet had random hairs and dirt all over. The sink was falling in and their fix was fillin the gap with caulking. The breakfast was so that we came in, and walked right out again.

Top this all off with an onslaught of panhandlers since we arrived, 5 times to be exact. And our car was vandalized with katchup. After waiting an hour for a manager.. We were greeted nicely but unable to help other than call the police which would only delay our getting out of this horrible town. A five dollar bill to get our car washed would have gone a very long way.

If you decide to stay here, don't expect more than running water and a bed.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place is a complete dump!! I have stayed at la quintas all over the country and they're nice and clean for the most part, this one is not!!! I stayed here one night with two buddies over spring break and it was horrible!!! Let begin with the most obvious, the moldy, smoky, wet dog smell throughout the whole hotel. The smell is probably coming from the ancient carpets in the hallways, judging by the red and black stains they seriously haven't been changed or cleaned in decades! There are fist shaped holes in the hallways and creepy, flickering fluorescent lights everywhere. The paint is peeling and chipping in our room and everywhere else too. The A/C was covered in black dust and smelled like mold.

You have to call the guy at the front desk so he can "fix" the hot water and even then the water pressure sucks. Internet was free but never worked, every time I called about it the staff gave me a variety of excuses. The decor in the lobby and rooms is very, very old and worn out, it's like a flash back to a seedy motel out of a cheesy 80's horror movie.

There were some very suspicious people wandering the halls at 2am, I'm usually not one to judge other people but these people seriously freaked me out. I felt like I was about to be robbed or kidnapped any minute.

The next morning, my friends and I walked to the lobby expecting a decent breakfast but who am I kidding thinking a crappy hotel is going to have a good breakfast. The breakfast consisted of stale bread and bagels, nearly rotten smelling boiled eggs, bruised fruit, and "make your own" waffles with dried, crusty waffle batter all over the utensils.

This place is a dump, it needs to be torn down ASAP. No amount of cleaning or renovation can help this place. I remember when it was a holiday inn but the name mysteriously disappeared and it became la quinta. This hotel is old and tired, if I could give negative stars I would. We will never stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed 1 night and slept really well. The room was clean. The bed was comfy and the hotel was really quiet. Breakfast was basic but good but then again I am not a big breakfast person but my husband said it was good.

Staff at front desk were really nice and helpful and helped us sign up for like a bonus points thing so we could earn free nights which was nice of them. We knew nothing about it so they were really helpful.

Nice place. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!