“Not the best, but certainly not the worst.” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Hattiesburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6563 US Highway 49 North, Hattiesburg, MS 39401   |
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Harrisburg, Illinois
“Not the best, but certainly not the worst.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you are looking for a place to rest your weary head, this hotel has what you are looking for. The rooms are nice, with a private balcony, so you can get some fresh air, but the breakfast was very lacking, and this hotel is in dire need of renovations. The staff at the front desk are very friendly and are happy to answer any questions, but it's not enough to make me want to return. I feel like, given the conditions I had, I paid too much. Not a bad place for one night if you need rest, but check other hotels in the area first. Also, the mattress felt like I was sleeping on a bag of rocks, and I was very displeased that the HVAC unit kept kicking on and off. Made it hard to sleep with there not being a constant fan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Expansive (& Very Quiet) Facility In One Of Mississippi's Most Versatile Cities - Great Chill Zone ! Awesome Staff: Professional Yet Personable; Extremely Knowledgable Of Area; Courteous & Upbeat - A Real Joy !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Brainerd, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I came upon this motel on the night of Feb. 1st, after 3 long days on the road, having battled winter storm magnus from northern Minnesota all the way to the gulf coast. I was still hours away from my ultimate destination but knew I was far too road-weary to continue. As I approached Hattiesburg in the dark, I saw a la quinta billboard. I knew la quintas generally allow pets, and I was traveling with my husband, who is ill, and 2 dogs. i pulled in there, after connecting with the front desk thru my cellphone & confirming they had a room. the desk clerk, Arthur, who was checking in several people, could not have been nicer. he was so friendly, so sympathetic & such a breath of fresh air. all of us in line to check-in were just enjoying his warmth & his humor. once i got to my room, it was very pleasant, very clean. the bed was heavenly, our dogs were more than welcome, & we all slept like logs. We will definitely stay there again, primarily due to the kindness & hospitality shown by the desk clerk, Arthur. What an exceptional human being!!! He really was a beacon of light in a storm!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Ballwin, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I can't say a lot about this hotel, it is just average. The good points were the lobby looks nice and the evening desk clerk, Arthur, was very nice and helpful. The room wasn't awful it was clean enough but a bit shabby. The bath room left a lot to be desired. The floor tile was in bad shape and the water pressure was lacking. The breakfast was good enough for a hotel "free" breakfast. All in all not a bad place, we just had hoped for better.
We have stayed in Hattiesburg many times and have yet to find a really nice place to stay. Can any one tell me of a good place there?

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wanted to get away for the weekend so I chose to stay at this hotel. The service was excellent but the room looked horrible. The floors looked nasty, the water pressure was too low, the faucet on the sink was leaking, the toilet didnt half flush.....overall the plumbin was just bad. To make matters worse there was a huge roach in the bathroom behind the coffee maker. And I never understood why the coffee maker was in the bathroom of all places. The only people I would reccomend to stay at this hotel is the people I dont like. This hotel is not worth the price.

• Stayed January 2013
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay at La Quinta when traveling with my small dog. Some are great. Some are not. This one was quite filthy. Urine stains on every blanket. The floor was filthy. The coffee pot did not work. Went to get ice but the ice makers were so dirty I decided not to. If I had not just driven all day I would have had the strength to find a new hotel but I had to tough it out.

• Stayed December 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My parents and I had a one-night stay at this LQ on the road. It was an unplanned stop with no research beforehand. We literally pulled off the exit and picked a property, and picked LQ based upon their reputation and our experience with the brand.

I wish I could remember the name of the gentleman working the front desk that night (who was also there again the next morning). He rocked, and it's my prediction he will go far in the hospitality industry; if he's lucky he'll be picked up by a higher end hospitality company and not have to suffer long at this property.

We were quoted a fair rate for our 2Q room and took the key for our night's stay. Now this place isn't horrible, it's just not up to the standards of places I usually stay at, or of the La Quintas I have stayed at. This place needs either a reflagging to another brand, or a major physical overhaul.

First of all, my dad is in a wheelchair, and due to the design of the building it was confusing as to where we needed to park and enter. The long building is built on a slight slope; every so often a block of rooms is set up a little bit higher and there is a set of steps to go from the lower block to the higher block. There are no ramps inside the building, so if you are in a wheelchair, you cannot go from one part of the building to the lobby without going outside to use the ramps. Not a major fail, it's just a throwback to an earlier building design. I get it, but it could easily be remedied I feel. In fact, this design meant that we unloaded my dad and entered the building at the wrong entrance to be able to access our room, and had to exit the building, roll him down the sidewalk, and into a different entrance because our room was close to the first entrance but down a flight of stairs.

In addition, the exterior wheelchair ramps were somewhat narrow, I thought, and it could be easy to roll a chair off the side. So if you are with someone who is handicapped, I would skip this hotel entirely. I don't think they even had handicapped-accessible rooms, because ours was a standard one. I remember inquiring about them at the front desk and being told, "We don't have anything like that."

The hallways had a slightly funky smell, but I was happy the smell wasn't present in our room. We did't hear any nose from other rooms, even though in the hall it was evident there were nearby rooms occupied by happy people, i.e., there was a little partying going on.

As for the room, the beds and pillows were comfy. The room was clean, though in need of a style makeover. The TV was an old tube-style tv, but it worked fine. The internet was speedy and allowed me to complete my work in a timely fashion. The bathroom did have some moldy bits in the corners (see photos). But the shower and water pressure were pretty good.

Breakfast the next morning was just ok. Seemed loaded with carbs and sweets, and wasn't well tended to. The garbage was overflowing after a while, and the breakfast bar was quite messy. The juice was icky stuff from concentrate, and those machines never get the mix right, so it's either too thin or too thick. Not a lot to recommend breakfast-wise as I recall.

I believe we paid about $59 plus tax with military or senior discount for the room, which is at the top end of what the room was worth.

Would I stay there again? Probably not. I would see what else the area had to offer.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.