“GREAT SERVICE, AND SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY MAKING YOU FEEL AT HOME AWAY FROM HOME.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Suites Hattiesburg

Sun Suites Hattiesburg
You added Sun Suites Hattiesburg to your Saves list
Sun Suites Hattiesburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 West Park Drive, Hattiesburg, MS 39402   |
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I stayed at Sun Suites for about 3 months with my husband due to his work in the area being extended. I was 8 months pregnant when this visit began. The staff at S.S. were so helpful and genuine. First off the rates were very affordable. The office staff always did all they could to see to our comfort and the room service staff was courteous and caring. I always felt safe there even when alone at night, and it was convenient to do laundry there and shop and eat out locally. Management is friendly and runs a tight ship providing a comfortable clean stay. Anytime I needed any amenities they were provided immediately and with a smile. The on site handyman took care of the grounds very well. And we received our mail there, so if we had mail the office would call and let us know. If I went back to Mississippi I would certainly use Sun Suites again. It was a good experience all around.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it. We are not fancy people; we have no problem doing without frills. For what it was, we were very pleased. The price was right; the staff were beyond helpful and friendly; the room met our every need. The location is a bit off the main road, and we had to turn around when we drove past the driveway, but it is worth your time, (if you are budget minded like we are), to check this place out. This is a basic hotel without any frills, and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I was visiting for the Southern Miss Homecoming Game...and I literally waited till the last minute to get my reservation. This Hotel was one of few available and ranked well on Tripadvisor...so 'went' for it.... I completely understand that there is a Great Market for this kind of hotel... I am just NOT the demographic for this market.

Upon driving in... I Called because I could not get this hotel's street on my Tom Tom... Cari...was very patient and understanding... apparently this happens often... the best way to describe.... as you are driving on HWY 98 take the road next to the Taco Bell on the LEFT... The street DID show up on my I-Phone.

Cari checked me in and was very patient with me....as I had Thought (incorrectly) that my debit card had already been charged for the room.....some patrons who went before and after me, I noticed, were some very hard working gentlemen! Then I realized that this hotel is Great for contractors housing laborers for longer periods of time than usual hotels offer.

I moved into my room which had a nice large refrigerator/microwave/sink/Stove burners/ kitchen area .... I was happy for that... (The dishes in cabinets are VERY limited) The room was surfacely VERY clean....the "uncleanliness" was ...I felt ... in the long term items... the chair seemed dark & oily... the covers... the dead roach on the blanket (I have a picture) etc.

My second night there... after having dealt with the dead roach, the spider in the bath, etc... I already had the heebie jeebies about the place. I was online on my laptop (Wifi is FREE....another Plus for this hotel) when "Bang Bang Bang" someone at the door ! Bang Bang Bang again... I called the front desk..... and asked the man at the door "What do you want" the man at my door said "Laura". I told the front desk this and they told me to tell the person to come to the front desk...which I did. Later I asked the front desk to walk by my front door and they apologized and agreed to..........very nice. They handled it okay...however this event shook me up BIG TIME the whole night... ! The next day I called the front desk and Jackie was VERY nice to add my DH to my reservation ...he was going to hopefully meet me there that day.... Jackie also offered to hold a package for DH. Again very nice & Helpful..... Check out was very easy as well.... DH did meet me there and stayed the last night. No Frills room. Housekeeping ONE time during your stay... NO shampoo or amenities... a sliver of soap... no towel change out .... but once per stay...Free HBO, Wifi, Expanded kitchen.... I will never stay there again, but my DH would if he were working in the area.... $60 per night for my stay.... $190 bill for 3 nights... Not a bad price at all..... Thank you to the people there... the employees were great !

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Memphis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

The room was just OK, and I appreciated the great price. BUT, this is definitely a NO FRILLS type of place- no shampoo, conditioner. They did have 1 bar of hand soap and some towels. Didn't smell particularly fresh. The mattress was surprisingly comfy, and the location convenient. However, I think it caters mostly to contractors/constructions workers that are there for long periods, relatively. There were several workers just hanging out outside. There was actually a man smoking a hookah pipe right outside our door. Others were just sitting in chairs outside mostly joking and smoking - constructions workers like I said. Didn't feel super comfortable with small children, and was so thankful we'd only planned to stay one night. Would have liked it to feel cleaner. Hope that helps someone else like us not make the same mistake.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Varies
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

After a three day stay in a hotel, literally 2 lights down from the sunsuites. I realized my months stay was going to be completely uncomfortable. yeah there was a pool and hot tub, etc. But the room only had a microwave and mini refridge. I did a little driving/ research and found the sun suites. I found sunsuites rooms were spacious. They are perfect for any type of stay, especially a long term stay. They offer utensils, pots, pans (per request), they have a laundry facility on site (and also two grills to cook out on). They have a 2 burner stove top and a full sized refridgerator, which was perfect for my long term stay. They are pet friendly, so my husband and dog could visit. My room was comfortable and quaint. I as a single, traveling, white female, felt very safe. I also smoke, but I do not like to smoke inside. It was perfect because every door is open to an outdoor walkway. The location is also perfect. Mcdonalds, Subway, a gas station for last minute needs, red lobster, etc. Are within walking distance. A mall, movie theater, shopping centers, and about everything else you can think of, is no more than a ten minute drive in any direction. The staff was extremely plesant, helpful, curtious and informative. BEST OF ALL the cost was almost 3/4 less than what i was paying at the other hotel. Also it was at least 1/4 cheaper, than any other surrounding hotel. I'd highly recommend to anyone!!!!!!!!! Thanks Sunsuites!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Atoka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Great stay at your hotel.Wonderful staff, great rooms. and thanks to the young ladies in the front office that deals with these guys ever day.(Michaela,Carla and Ms. Jackie) Thank You all for a great and wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Everytime I come to work in Hattiesburg, I stay here at the Sun Suites. The staff is always super friendly and very accommodating. The new manager, Jackie, is always very nice and goes a bit out of her way to make things better for me. And it's always awesome when the staff, like Michaela and Mattlan, remember me when I come back. I usually stay here for 2 months at a time, and it's always clean and friendly. And I really wouldn't stay anywhere else in Hattiesburg.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sun Suites Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!