“Hit and Miss” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Most of the staff was great - helpful and accomodating. The coffee at breakfast was cold. The treadmills did not work and no one seemed interested in fixing them. Our rooms were very nice. Lampshades were torn. Entry way is beautiful. It was either great - no not great. Was here over Christmas and then came back for the new year. The hotel was mostly empty.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Maureen D,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because our staff did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We spent a night at this hotel and were very pleasantly surprised, since it proved to be much better than we had expected from some of the previous reviews. The atrium is very beautiful and the room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom provided ample space and all comforts. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and enjoyed it.We will definitely stay again when visiting Hattiesburg.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Starkville, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed at this location one night for business trip. I have stayed at this location previously, but this time I really noticed that the quality of the room was not what I had experienced.

The room seemed out dated.

I had to call three times to have someone come fix the TV. After finally getting the hotel manager to the room and her not being able to figure out what was wrong I discovered the cable was not even plugged in.

Fitness room equipment only includes two treadmills and one bike, the other bike did not work.

Front desk staff very nice.

Will be looking for another location to stay next time.

Room Tip: Request a room that has been renovated.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
tampa, florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have stayed in the Hattisburg, Mississippi Holiday Inn before and received excellent customer service from the front desk. I am afterall an elite platinum member with Holiday Inn and have well over 100,000 points. However on the evening of Monday Oct 22 (after driving 12 hours just to reach this specific hotel) the Manager Rachel was behind the desk and made it most difficult to get the perks we've received on various occasions. Rachel was standing her ground and we the customer were her very last concern. She was rude, unprofessional and inconsiderate. Perhaps she should be behind the scenes so that she doesn't run other customers off. We will never stay at this hotel as long as she is there. We instead went 1 mile down the road to the LaQuinta and had an excellent stay thanks to Arthur! He made Hattisburg worth going back to. Maybe Rachel should take some lessons from him.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyechia B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding our hotel. I am very disappointed that your initial impression upon arrival was not up to the Holiday Inn standard.
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the hotel staff concerning this undesirable experience. Our incentive program for our Platinum Priority Club members includes a complimentary upgrade to one of our Executive King suites upon availability, an arrival snack, and a complimentary beverage to our restaurant and lounge, Bapa’s Bistro. The encounter with the staff member mentioned is not typical for our particular service, and I will use this incident as a guest service learning tool for our entire front office staff to ensure that we provide the courtesy, respect, and satisfaction for each of our guests in the future.
As a frequent traveler, I too can understand your frustrations and concerns and would take pleasure in welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn & Suites-Hattiesburg so that you may receive the welcoming and comforting experience as it was intended. On your next visit to Hattiesburg, please contact me directly so I that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies, and I look forward to serving you in the future.
West Chester, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was the worst hotel in a long time. The lobby looks nice and promising, the first let down at a rate of $120 was that there was no breakfast included and no wifi internet... When we got to our room, we were glad that we were really tired because otherwise we would not have been able to get a minute of sleep. It was so loud from the interstate and the air condition that I got up at 2 AM and discussed with my wife if we wanted to leave to get to the next city.
Outdated, small rooms, noisy air condition, single pane windows directly at the interstate. What a bad, bad choice - we would never, ever again stay in this hotel - I would rather sleep in the car and save my money.
Breakfast by the way is being served in the "attached restaurant" - looks like the rip off with the run down rooms is not bad enough already. Yikes.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give - do not stay here, no matter what.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Amy G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not satisfied during your stay with us. Like most full service hotels, we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, but we do offer rates that include breakfast if you would prefer in the future. Perhaps you were misinformed at check-in, but we do offer complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel. We work very diligently to ensure that our on-site restaurant, Bapa's Bistro provides great quality food at an affordable price. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to give you an exceptional stay when you are in Hattiesburg.
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

While the property looks lovely from the lobby it is a different story in the room. If you want a good nights rest you are out of luck as the air conditioning seems to quit working in the middle of the night numerous times. The next day I realized the sneaky practice of this hotel using a motion sensor to control the air conditioning. This is just despicable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Darren P,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you found our lobby commendable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here last week on business and found the staff friendly, the hotel was clean and the rooms were nice. The restaurant in the hotel was great.

A couple of small issues, there is a very strong purfume smell when you first walk into the hotel lobby. The shower water would not get hot - I don't know if they turn the temperature down to save money or what. I complained twice about it and it didn't get resolved. This is the only reason I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again. If they could fix this, I would make this my place to stay when I am on business in Hattiesburg.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!