“Mediocre Quality.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Starkville, Mississippi
“Mediocre Quality.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed at this location one night for business trip. I have stayed at this location previously, but this time I really noticed that the quality of the room was not what I had experienced.

The room seemed out dated.

I had to call three times to have someone come fix the TV. After finally getting the hotel manager to the room and her not being able to figure out what was wrong I discovered the cable was not even plugged in.

Fitness room equipment only includes two treadmills and one bike, the other bike did not work.

Front desk staff very nice.

Will be looking for another location to stay next time.

Room Tip: Request a room that has been renovated.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
tampa, florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We have stayed in the Hattisburg, Mississippi Holiday Inn before and received excellent customer service from the front desk. I am afterall an elite platinum member with Holiday Inn and have well over 100,000 points. However on the evening of Monday Oct 22 (after driving 12 hours just to reach this specific hotel) the Manager Rachel was behind the desk and made it most difficult to get the perks we've received on various occasions. Rachel was standing her ground and we the customer were her very last concern. She was rude, unprofessional and inconsiderate. Perhaps she should be behind the scenes so that she doesn't run other customers off. We will never stay at this hotel as long as she is there. We instead went 1 mile down the road to the LaQuinta and had an excellent stay thanks to Arthur! He made Hattisburg worth going back to. Maybe Rachel should take some lessons from him.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tyechia B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding our hotel. I am very disappointed that your initial impression upon arrival was not up to the Holiday Inn standard.
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the hotel staff concerning this undesirable experience. Our incentive program for our Platinum Priority Club members includes a complimentary upgrade to one of our Executive King suites upon availability, an arrival snack, and a complimentary beverage to our restaurant and lounge, Bapa’s Bistro. The encounter with the staff member mentioned is not typical for our particular service, and I will use this incident as a guest service learning tool for our entire front office staff to ensure that we provide the courtesy, respect, and satisfaction for each of our guests in the future.
As a frequent traveler, I too can understand your frustrations and concerns and would take pleasure in welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn & Suites-Hattiesburg so that you may receive the welcoming and comforting experience as it was intended. On your next visit to Hattiesburg, please contact me directly so I that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies, and I look forward to serving you in the future.
West Chester, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was the worst hotel in a long time. The lobby looks nice and promising, the first let down at a rate of $120 was that there was no breakfast included and no wifi internet... When we got to our room, we were glad that we were really tired because otherwise we would not have been able to get a minute of sleep. It was so loud from the interstate and the air condition that I got up at 2 AM and discussed with my wife if we wanted to leave to get to the next city.
Outdated, small rooms, noisy air condition, single pane windows directly at the interstate. What a bad, bad choice - we would never, ever again stay in this hotel - I would rather sleep in the car and save my money.
Breakfast by the way is being served in the "attached restaurant" - looks like the rip off with the run down rooms is not bad enough already. Yikes.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give - do not stay here, no matter what.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Amy G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I apologize that you were not satisfied during your stay with us. Like most full service hotels, we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, but we do offer rates that include breakfast if you would prefer in the future. Perhaps you were misinformed at check-in, but we do offer complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel. We work very diligently to ensure that our on-site restaurant, Bapa's Bistro provides great quality food at an affordable price. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to give you an exceptional stay when you are in Hattiesburg.
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

While the property looks lovely from the lobby it is a different story in the room. If you want a good nights rest you are out of luck as the air conditioning seems to quit working in the middle of the night numerous times. The next day I realized the sneaky practice of this hotel using a motion sensor to control the air conditioning. This is just despicable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Darren P,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you found our lobby commendable. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here last week on business and found the staff friendly, the hotel was clean and the rooms were nice. The restaurant in the hotel was great.

A couple of small issues, there is a very strong purfume smell when you first walk into the hotel lobby. The shower water would not get hot - I don't know if they turn the temperature down to save money or what. I complained twice about it and it didn't get resolved. This is the only reason I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again. If they could fix this, I would make this my place to stay when I am on business in Hattiesburg.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

First I would like to say that I am a loyal customer to the Holiday Inn. I have not had a problem at all with any of them until now. I stayed in the Holiday Inn Hattiesburg,MS for the whole month of August and was very disappointed. The first part of the trip started poorly. I was sent to a room that was not ready and was told by house keeping it would be ready in thirty minutes. The front desk had me and my family of 6 waiting in the lobby for thirty minutes. Then I suggested switching me to another room one that was ready and has not been checking into. The receptionist was like I should have thought of that. So we get to our room and the hair dryer was not working. Called down to the front desk four times after a two day period before I could get the blow dryer replaced. In this particular room the shower wouldn't stay closed so so water would get all over the bathroom floor. Also my mobile phone was not working at the time and the alarm in the room doesn't cut it for me to wake up. So I called the front desk for a 5:00 am wake up call. The wake up call never happen and I was late for work. This happen three times Third week there I was moved to a room on the first floor. That Saturday I was laying in bed and one of the male employees just walked into without knocking. I usually put the latch over the door but forgot this time. He asked me if I had called about door problems and I said its working now isn't it? Then he just left. After the third night in the room I found myself having a runny nose and itching. I am highly allergic to mold and this room had it on the base of the war, black mold. Called to complain to the manager about the all the mishaps and she was apologetic but it seemed like she didn't care either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hattiesburg, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Tru L,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Hattiesburg, MS.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Alexandria, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My stay was just too short, only one night. I would have loved to stay longer at this hotel. Very clean, nice staff, VERY comfortable beds! I just love the pillow selections at these hotels!! The wet-bar room has microwave, refrigerator, and a small sink. There was even a surprise 'free drink at the bar' coupon when I checked in. I intended to go, but was just too tired. The granny smith apples in the lobby were wonderful as they had no free breakfast (and I checked out at 5:00am) and I was in a hurry. If I'm not mistaken, only Holiday Inn Express' have the free breakfast. I would definitely stay here again! Note: It takes about 10 minutes from the hotel to Forest General Hospital on Hwy 49 and easy to get in and out of traffic. The road design in that area is very well organized.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!