“Better than expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Birmingham, Alabama
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Our usual Hilton brands were sold out last week. So we tried the Baymont. A very comfortable bed and room with everything we needed, clean, service not bad, and breakfast adequate. Would stay here again if we return. Should purchase new floor mats for the entrance and elevator, they looked ratty and gave a poor impression.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dexter, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here from monday - friday on our business trip this month. Really had a good stay everything was taken care.Southern comfy beds,hot breakfast,new laundry facility in the hotel.Our room had flat screen tv and we enjoyed the outdoor pool. The room was clean and the best part was the staff. Our company stays in another brand hotel but I will highly recommend this hotel for our future stay.The hotel manager was very helpfull.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurant choice in walking distance.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BaymontHattiesburg, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to having with us again.

sincerely,

Sre Watson
St. George Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Excellent value for money. Very clean room. Very comfortable bed. Quiet. Very good breakfast. I would definitely choose this Hampton again if needing to stay in the area.

Rock Spring, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Upon leaving the hotel, it wasn't until I was miles away in another state that I realized I left behind some items. I couldn't back track as I had a long drive ahead of me. I called the hotel and was advised the items were found and with the security of the front desk. To make a long story short, the hotel boxed my items weighing 15-20 lbs and awaited for UPS to pick them up. The hotel even filled out the label to where I was staying. Due to problems with UPS, the box wasn't picked up for several days, but the hotel keep reassuring me that they still had the box and not to worry. The box was eventually picked up and received by me. Whenever I called the hotel, which was several times, whoever picked up the phone knew of my dilemma, and I didn't have to repeat myself each time. The front desk staff were 'on their toes' and always made me feel that they cared about what I was going through and 'stayed with me' until the package was received. Hats off to a wonderful staff at a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
BaymontHattiesburg, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete the Survey.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

If we can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact us.

Management
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

We so wished we had another option for our one night stay. But, due to slow planning on our part we waited to late to book a room in Hattiesburg on a ball tournament weekend. This was the last availability, I know why now. Early trip advisor reviews indicated an ant problem, they were right . We are still not sure about the bed or the bedding , we itched most of the night. A room odor I can't describe. All that being said, the price was still $100.00 . Which is a fair price if the accommodations are up to par.

• Stayed July 2011
Palatine, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Traveling with my 4 kids on a road trip,I was impressed with the clean rooms & hot breakfast.My kids loved the large outdoor pool which was clean and front desk gave pool towels whenever we needed.

Will stay here again next year. keep up the good work.

Room Tip: good location with lots of resturants in walking distance.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Survey.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

If we can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact us.

Management
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

My family and I arrived well after dark and the lights in the parking lot nor in the portico were on. Had my Army husband not been with me I would have kept on driving. It was not a safe environment to take two sleeping children into. The desk clerk did not want to be bothered with the fact that there were no lights. She simply shrugged it off. The entry smelled of body odor. The hallways smelled of food that had been microwaved in the rooms. YUCK! The door to the room had to be lifted in order to close properly and to be locked. My husband had to do this for me as I am not strong enough. I wanted to sleep with a light on because I wondered what might be crawling around in the dark. This hotel looked nice from the outside but so misleading. I booked this hotel from a military website that obviously has not been updated because had I known there was a Hilton across the street, it would have changed everything.

Room Tip: Keep driving
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!