“pretty small but works for hattiesburg” 3 of 5 stars

601-545-4576
Website
Improve this listing
12 attraction reviews
“pretty small but works for hattiesburg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It is a small zoo but I am glad that Hattiesburg actually has a zoo. The jaguar was absolutely gorgeous and the way it winded you around made you feel like it was just a little bit bigger than it was. A perfect thing to do on a sunny day!

Visited January 2014

30 attraction reviews
“I cannot believe how this place has changed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I took my husband here a couple of months ago and I had not been there in 20 years. This place has undergone major renovations. I was so impressed. What a great place to have in my hometown. I will definitely take my nieces and nephews they next time I see them. We had a great day at the zoo. The weather was nice and we just had a good time seeing all of the attractions.

Visited October 2013
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Good for small size zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a very nice zoo for the size. Also, there is a train ride and splash pad for kids. They have special events on holidays too. "ZooBoo" during Halloween and lights/decorations during Christmas.

Visited September 2013
9 attraction reviews
“Good zoo for a small city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Good layout for viewers. The zoo has a variety of habitats that were more natural and appropriate for the animals. Impressive for a city this size.

Visited December 2012
Austin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Small But Cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great prices, friendly staff, and nice exhibits. It is a small zoo but still fun. The info on all the animals was interesting and you could see the animals almost no matter where they sat. There were a few interactive things to play with and food to feed a few animals with. I liked how they grouped some animals together like they are in nature. There was even a small petting zoo and one staff member had a spider we could hold. I loved the photo op areas and how they let the peacocks just wild.

Visited November 2013