“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had a very welcoming experience here at the Western Motel. For the price being one of the most reasonable in town, they had very clean rooms and bathrooms, fast wifi, good breakfast, and very friendly people. I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a nice clean place to stay for the night staying here. Also, it's walking distance to many fast food restaurants, so we found it very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office are convenient for those who like to drink multiple times of the day
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Most of the hotels in Hattiesburg were full so I ended up at the Western Hotel. It should be re-named to the "King Roach". Not only was my room filthy there were two roaches in the bathtub. Did I mention the tub was never cleaned and there were hairs everywhere? My bedding had holes in the sheets and the red carpet looked brown. Clearly it had never been cleaned so I never took off my shoes. Portions of the sheetrock were water damaged and mold was everywhere. The bed was beyond terrible with a cheap cover placed over an old bed. You may as well sleep in your car. This place is the worst of the worst. Ewwwwww.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I'm am not a picky person but this was terrible. We needed two adjoining rooms and we didn't arrive until 11:30 pm ( after driving over nine hours with four teenagers ) or we would have went somewhere else. One room seemed ok but the adjoining room had a shop vac I'm the floor and the carpet was wet. The tub and sink both had used soap in them. One towel only and one bed had black hair in it. I could not sleep because it felt dirty. I pulled off the comforter and covered up with a sheet I had with me.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The man was very nice when I called to check availability. It was very late and most hotels were booked. When we walked into the room we put our daughter in bed. When I walked to the sink there were 5 large roaches on the countertop. When my husband picked my daughter up, another one fell out of the bed! I would rather sleep in my car!

• Stayed June 2012
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The Western Motel is an older motel offering connecting rooms, with very reasonable rates for Hattiesburg, where hotels / motels are overpriced for what you get. The rooms are furnished "old-style", and they look old, but they are clean, reasonably comfortable and quiet. Free wifi and a fridge in each room. Convenient to USM and Hardy Street.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Charlottesville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I am a connoisseur of cheap motels, though I have enjoyed my share of higher-end resorts and hotels as well. I gave this place 4 stars within the genre of cheap roadside motels -- stacked up directly against any Hilton it would be blown away. But for the money, given the other prices in the area, the Western is all right.

First I hit the Super 8 figuring on a nice easy $45 deal like I usually find in little southern towns. Wrong. They wanted over $70 for the night so I kept driving. This proved to be a pretty typical price. Then I tried the Western out of desperation. I paid $49, including all taxes. This place is actually very clean and well-maintained. Ok, there is an electrical outlet hanging out of the wall with wires everywhere and looking like a major fire code violation. But the place is actually very comfortable and much less sterile and prison-like than the big chain cheap-o motels tend to be (I'm looking at you, Motel 6!)

The neighborhood was hard to get a sense of in the dark. It feels pretty safe. There are convenience stores a few blocks away. The free wifi is pretty fast. I'm happy and I'll likely stay here again if I find myself passing through Hattiesburg again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010 via mobile

This independent inn is very nice. location is great, plenty of good food around, and quite. The staff was very friendly and made us feel very comfortable and welcome. Will definatly stay again. Pricing was wonderful for the area.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Western Motel? Share your experiences!