“Would happily stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 32 hotels in Hattiesburg
Richmond, Virginia
“Would happily stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We stay in a lot of Residence Inns, and this was very nice. Most important to me, the bed was comfortable and the room was clean and spacious. One of my pet peeves is hotels that ask you to reuse towels, then provide one small towel rack. This hotel had two. I agree the pet fee is far too high for an overnight stay at all Residence Inns, but I am aware of it and plan accordingly. (Note to Marriott: a $25-50 fee plus $100 refundable damage deposit would be more reasonable.) If I were looking for a complaint about this particular Residence Inn, I guess it would have to be the lack of an ice machine. But it's likely the desk could provide small amounts of "emergency" ice from the hotel kitchen.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Shelbyville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

After 10 hours on the road, this was a quiet, clean, comfortable place to stay. Only stayed one night, but could stay for several if I was planning on being in the Hattiesburg area.
The suite was so much nicer than a regular room someplace else. The bed was super comfortable and living area was roomy with comfortable seating and a large flat screen T.V.
Though we didn't cook in the suite, it had everything one would need to prepare a full meal and all the dishes, and such looked like they were brand new. The kitchenette came with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, stove top and microwave. We just made coffee the next morning, but we did enjoy the dining table for carry-out from the Mexican rest. within walking distance.
We didn't get a chance to use the pool or hot tub, but did walk down to look at them and everything was very nice and clean. The hotel is smoke free hotel, but they do have some ciggy containers down by the pool if you care to smoke.
The breakfast was probably the best set-up I've seen in any of our travels. The offerings were extensive, both hot and cold items. The area was very clean and was constantly being taken care of by their very sweet staff. You could use glass plates and glasses for eating in or you could get your breakfast on paper if you were getting it to go.
All around a wonderful hotel....you just can't go wrong with this choice. The staff were professional and very nice personally.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business recently and had a great experience. The front desk staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The room was very clean and I appreciated the free wi-fi. Great short stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mahnattan48
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed two nights using points while in town for a family event. Thought I had selected a room with two double beds because my son was going to share the room one night, but discovered on check in that they don't have rooms with 2 double beds, but they immediately upgraded me for no extra points to a two room suite! (I did hear later from someone in another hotel that there was supposed to have been a big soccer tournament the same weekend that got cancelled, so lots of rooms in the area became available. Nevertheless, the two desk clerks did upgrade my room quickly and without question).

The room(s) were clean, quiet and comfortable, and as described by others. Whole place was updated, mattresses comfortable. the kitchenette was very nice, although we didn't use it. Breakfast was included and they offered cereals, breads and even eggs etc. Coffee was decent. All of the staff were very friendly and professional.

The only weird things I noticed were that the sink counters were high and the bowls were set back about 8 inches, so for a vertically challenged person (short) it meant standing on my toes and leaning over the counter. Also the lavatory light switches were not close to the door, but set further along the walls. Minor problems, overall, really.

Room Tip: No matter what hotel I always request a room on an upper floor and far away from the elevator.
Fairfield, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our room was like a studio with a mini kitchen, living room, and king-sized bed (open-living areas). This hotel would be great if you were in Hattiesburg for an extended time. The eat-in kitchen was stocked with pots, pans, dishes, etc. It even had a stove-top for cooking, a nice-sized fridge, and a small table to eat at. The room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was fully stocked with many options...grits, muffins, fruit, oatmeal, waffles, sausage, breakfast potatoes, juice, coffee, milk, and much much more. I would defiantly stay at this hotel again.

nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

very clean, safe, quiet, nice hotel --- more like an apartment with the in-room amenities, as guests of res. inns know --- however as a one nighter, it would be nice to be able to get ice instead of hoping the guest before you froze some in the freezer, etc. etc.--- no complaints otherwise......now as far as the town of hattiesburg goes......i've never seem such a dead downtown for a big city, wished there was more there

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mt. vernon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The hotel website hypes evening socials, which, of course, are a rare event. Especially on the nights we were there. Although the Residence Inn claims to be *pet-friendly*, there was a $100.00 pet fee, which we could not find on the hotel website when we booked the room. SURPRISE, but not pleasantly. The room was nothing special, the desk chair was broken, ice is unavailable unless you make it yourself, and if I had to rate the front desk clerk who checked us in on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give her a 2. If you must stay in Hattiesburg, find somewhere better for less.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rhonda C, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Hattiesburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Mr. H,
I am sorry that your stay at our hotel started out less that satisfactory. We do charge a $100 non-refundable pet fee and it is stated on the fact sheet on our hotel website. Obviously, you did not see it and as a result, I am sure the fee was unexpected. Unfortunately, we have to charge a non-refundable deposit to keep the rooms to our high standards once a pet departs. This fee covers pest control and additional cleaning, which is done each and every time a pet has stayed in a room.

Our evening socials are every Tuesday and Wednesday and every other Thursday. I do apologize that there are no evening socials for you to enjoy since you were traveling over the weekend.

Since our rooms are all suites with full size refrigerators, each is equipped with an icemaker for your convenience. All guests are welcome to get additional ice from our ice machine located in the kitchen. Any of our guest services representatives would have been happy to get that for you.

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations for service during your stay. I certainly hope the information I have provided will be helpful and you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Hattiesburg? Share your experiences!