“Horrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Inn & Suites

You added Legacy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Legacy Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9265 Canal Road, Gulfport, MS 39903 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Brandon, Canada
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Let's by saying this hotel is a trucker hotel. It's really not for family's. I got 2 rooms. Both smelled musty/moldy. The TV did not work in one room, A/C water leak caused the floor be wet. Lights wouldn't work. Broken luggage rack on the wall just hanging there. Beds where worn to the eye site. One bed had hair on the pillows that wasn't ours. We requested a linen change, got it but the sheet was torn about a foot from the top. What hotel would put clearly torn sheets on a bed? Furniture was clearly broken. In the pictures of the hotel on the website, the parking is empty for a reason!! We're not staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

All I can say is OMG! This place was worst that bad. The rooms are old and moldy the beds have stains and the covers look as if they have not been change since the late middle ages. They are filthy. The only reason we stopped was because it was late at night and rainy very hard. Then they charged me full price for the room. I had to call to get 1/2 of the rate back which should have been a full refund based on the fact that we turned around and left immediately after wlking into the room. again all I can say is Ugggggh! Can you say NASTY!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I made the mistake of trying to save a few bucks by staying here. I knew better!! Next door to a truck stop, so I heard the trucks coming and going at all hours. I put the tub mat outside because it was slimy and moldy. There was a hair on the sink, and a small curly one on the phone cradle. I was on the bottom floor, which is on a very uneven cement slab. The neighbors could be heard plainly through the adjoining doors. One of the chairs was so rickety I wouldn't dare sit in it. Cigarette butts covered the sidewalk in front of my room. Spent $179 for two nights; I will pay double before I will ever stay in another "budget" motel.

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay here. The shower curtains had mold in the bathroom , the room had a bad odor, the person next to me was smoking pot all night long and talking in his cell. I slept with my cloths on because the bed was dirty. I would have checked out and got my money back but it was to late to keep driving. This was the worthest hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I were traveling on our way to Texas. So we wanted a hotel that was off of I-10, clean, located within walking distance of a sit-down restaurant with free Wi-Fi, parking, and breakfast. The best part was the nightly rate was lower than surrounding hotel. There's a Denny's, McDonalds and Waffle house within walking distance and the staff was helpful in answering questions.
Our stay was comfortable and it was quite. It not a luxury hotel but neither is the price and it was clean which was important for us. We will probably stay here on our way back if we need to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

My son dropped the remote behind the bed, I pulled it away from the wall to get the remote and found a used condom and dirty panties down there. They would only give us 2 towels and 2 wash clothes at a time. The people in the room next to us were smoking pot and very loud. It is not clean nor is it a family oriented hotel. None of the coke machines worked and the ice in the ice machine was melting. There was a whole in the side of the bathtub and there were black curly hairs all over the shower walls and the toilet.My husband was 15 minutes late picking us up at check out time (yes shame on him) but they made us move our stuff out side and stand in 94 degree weather with my 2 kids and all of our luggage until my husband arrived. The free wireless did not work we had to use the flying j's free internet. All together it was 211.00 for 2 nights of filth.

• Stayed July 2012
Houma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

I called Legacy spoke to the front desk clerk RICHARD and booked the Suite, double queen beds, hot tub, etc for $99.99. WOW!! RIchard said we have a great rate today $94.95 plus tax.

The day had arrived and after a two hour drive spent the day at Gulfisland waterpark (Lots of people but still fun)

About 6PM arrived at the Legacy, contacted the front desk clerk RICHARD to check into our room after a long day at the water park. Get the key to room 102 right by the front desk (ohh yea tried and lazy) Un-load the kids and walk to room 102, open the door, and taught they made a mistake, this room did not look like the pic's from the website.

Walked back to the front desk spoke to RICHARD, and told him they had put us in the wrong room we booked the SUITE. Could not help in any way, but did refund our MONEY

Loaded our wet butts back in the vehicle and drove home.

I would SLEEP OUTSIDE then pay these people!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Legacy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!