“Don't stay here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Legacy Inn & Suites

You added Legacy Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Legacy Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9265 Canal Road, Gulfport, MS 39903 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
“Don't stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I made the mistake of trying to save a few bucks by staying here. I knew better!! Next door to a truck stop, so I heard the trucks coming and going at all hours. I put the tub mat outside because it was slimy and moldy. There was a hair on the sink, and a small curly one on the phone cradle. I was on the bottom floor, which is on a very uneven cement slab. The neighbors could be heard plainly through the adjoining doors. One of the chairs was so rickety I wouldn't dare sit in it. Cigarette butts covered the sidewalk in front of my room. Spent $179 for two nights; I will pay double before I will ever stay in another "budget" motel.

• Stayed May 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Do not stay here. The shower curtains had mold in the bathroom , the room had a bad odor, the person next to me was smoking pot all night long and talking in his cell. I slept with my cloths on because the bed was dirty. I would have checked out and got my money back but it was to late to keep driving. This was the worthest hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I were traveling on our way to Texas. So we wanted a hotel that was off of I-10, clean, located within walking distance of a sit-down restaurant with free Wi-Fi, parking, and breakfast. The best part was the nightly rate was lower than surrounding hotel. There's a Denny's, McDonalds and Waffle house within walking distance and the staff was helpful in answering questions.
Our stay was comfortable and it was quite. It not a luxury hotel but neither is the price and it was clean which was important for us. We will probably stay here on our way back if we need to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My son dropped the remote behind the bed, I pulled it away from the wall to get the remote and found a used condom and dirty panties down there. They would only give us 2 towels and 2 wash clothes at a time. The people in the room next to us were smoking pot and very loud. It is not clean nor is it a family oriented hotel. None of the coke machines worked and the ice in the ice machine was melting. There was a whole in the side of the bathtub and there were black curly hairs all over the shower walls and the toilet.My husband was 15 minutes late picking us up at check out time (yes shame on him) but they made us move our stuff out side and stand in 94 degree weather with my 2 kids and all of our luggage until my husband arrived. The free wireless did not work we had to use the flying j's free internet. All together it was 211.00 for 2 nights of filth.

• Stayed July 2012
Houma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

I called Legacy spoke to the front desk clerk RICHARD and booked the Suite, double queen beds, hot tub, etc for $99.99. WOW!! RIchard said we have a great rate today $94.95 plus tax.

The day had arrived and after a two hour drive spent the day at Gulfisland waterpark (Lots of people but still fun)

About 6PM arrived at the Legacy, contacted the front desk clerk RICHARD to check into our room after a long day at the water park. Get the key to room 102 right by the front desk (ohh yea tried and lazy) Un-load the kids and walk to room 102, open the door, and taught they made a mistake, this room did not look like the pic's from the website.

Walked back to the front desk spoke to RICHARD, and told him they had put us in the wrong room we booked the SUITE. Could not help in any way, but did refund our MONEY

Loaded our wet butts back in the vehicle and drove home.

I would SLEEP OUTSIDE then pay these people!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Pearl, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

When calling to make the review, room rate was not what I was told. One lady in our group found hair (possibly dog) in her bed and was told "we try to change the sheets". Try? Wrong, you do change the sheets! We had a family emergency and had to return home and cancel the reservation, never even walked into the hotel and was told we will be charged full price for the room, even with an emergency. Not aimed for customer service, I can assure you!!!!

• Stayed May 2010
Baton Rouge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

TRAVELER BE WARNED!!

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while passing through the area this past summer. We made reservations via Orbitz.com prior to arriving at the hotel. Once we arrived to check in the manager told us that he had not received a reservations from Orbitz. It was late so we agreed to just charge the room to another credit card. A couple weeks later we discovered that Orbitz and the hotel had charged us for the same room. After contacting Orbitz we found out that the hotel did receive a reservation and had billed for it. We also contacted the hotel multiple times to try to recover the extra charge but were told we stayed two nights or we had two rooms or that they didn’t charge at all etc.

What makes the matter worse was that the hotel is very old and dingy and not worth the money they charge and defiantly not DOUBLE.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Legacy Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!