“Nice overnight stay at an unbelievable price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
New York City, New York
“Nice overnight stay at an unbelievable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here on the a long trip from Florida and had very limited knowledge of the area. It was our pleasure, to catch Carlos Serrano on his last day. Carlos was gracious, friendly and informative (Good luck back in NYC). The hotel was reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. Located close to Downtown Gulfport, we had plenty of dining options.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pamela L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I do hope you will come back to see us when your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I originally booked one room at this hotel, upon checking in I realized I needed another room.. The GM, gave me a king suite at a discounted rate. The entire staff at this property needs to be applauded for their hard work, and wonderful personalities.. I loved staying at this property and I will be back again... Our housekeeper Sheila was a sweetheart, and the young lady that drove my family and I to the beach was also really nice.. This hotel is near to everything.. Walmart, places to eat.. It is a dream location...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know about your experience while staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites in Gulfport MS. I am so pleased to hear that your birthday weekend was a sucess.
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel for both business and pleasure. I give it 5 stars as a FFI. It is not and does not pretend to be a JW Marriott. As a FFI, the hotel is more than adequate and price is usually more competitive than other chain hotels in the area. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, check-in is fast, and the area is safe. The toilets flush, internet is “hotel” fine, and the water is hot. The beds are awesome!

There are several restaurants close. The one downside is that the location requires an extra five minutes---even though it is close to the airport. You need to exit the hotel to the right and do a “U” at the light. Just budget an extra few. I typically get upgraded to suite. The breakfasts are good. One note: I have stayed here before and had an issue. But, the staff immediately corrected the situation. No complaints and I will stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know about your experience while staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites in Gulfport, MS. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed staying with us. I was truly excited to share your review with my staff. We know that there are many choices of accommodations when visiting the Mississippi Gulf Coast and thank you for continuing to choose our property.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week while we visited our son that was at A school at the Sea Bee base. It was a pretty quiet hotel. We had one evening with loud neighbors but feel someone must have complained because they were quiet after that. The desk called our room the day before we checked out to see if we had a pleasant stay. No one has ever done that before. I would definitely stay here again. The king size bed was very comfy too!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pamela L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport was enjoyable. I first want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Fairfield Inn and Suites in Gulfport MS. .

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future

Pamela J. Lady
Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Gulfport Ms
(228)822-9000
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel was nice and convenient to what I needed for a 1 night stay. The breakfast is average for a hotel of this price. The room was clean and there were plenty of towels and bath cloths. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows available; although, the double bed seemed to be so much smaller than the double bed we have at home. The fitness room and pool were nice. Just keep in mind that it's an indoor pool, so it will be small. I requested a quiet room and was told that I'd have a room with a refrigerator. We did stay on the top floor close to the staircase. It could've been quiet if it weren't for children on both sides of us and the walls in this hotel seemed to be paper thin, as I could hear everything they were saying and small children crying on both sides of us. I had packed my drinks for the refrigerator we were supposed to have; however, there was no refrigerator in our room. I would’ve brought a smaller cooler for the one night had I not been told that there would be a fridge in my room. Overall, it is a nice stay for 1 night. I doubt I'd want to stay more than a weekend here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Pamela L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for your recent comments. Your honest feedback enables us to truly measure if we are meeting our guests expectations. I'm sorry that you were inconvenienced in any way. We take great pride in meeting all Marriott standards and strive to exceed your expectations. I am truly sorry that we were unable to meet your request for a microwave and refrigerator. I am also very sorry to hear that you were unable to reach the appropriate level of peace and quiet that you looked forward to.
I do hope the rest of your visit here on the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast was enjoyable. If your travels ever bring you back to the Gulfport area I hope you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with an experience that you deserve. If you have any further comments about this stay or would like to discuss booking your next visit please feel free to contact me personally.
Pamela J. Lady
Assistant General Manager
(228)822-9000
Pamela.lady@pillarhotels.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This place has the most pleasant front desk staff ever! Everyone we came in contact with, no matter what shift, was so pleasant and genuinely seem to like their job. The room, while clean, so very noisy due to the AC and the dehumidifier. I like my room cold to sleep, but the air never got cold, so that was disappointing. We were by the elevator but the AC was so loud I never heard the elevator, the planes next door, or my husband snore, so it was kinda a good thing. Very nice breakfast was included. The typical Marriott beds were so comfortable!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pamela L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I first want to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Fairfield Inn and Suites in Gulfport MS. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We truly have an amazing team. I do want to apologize for any inconvience you may have experienced with our A/C units not providing adequate airflow for your comfort level. I assure you that this is something we will be looking into further. Our guest and their comfort is our top priority and we strive to exceed your expectations. Again thank you for your response and we hope to see you again in the future.
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

While this is not the newest Fairfield Inn around, any possible negatives are more than offset by the staff. Yes, the rooms could probably use an update or refresh soon, especially with 2 new hotels being built up the road on I-10. But, it is still a very comfortable place to spend a night and the price was pretty much in line for this type of hotel room. Refrigerator was a nice bonus, the noisy a/c - heat unit was not, (probably the biggest negative) ear plugs took care of that problem. Dehumidifier in the room was also noisy, we just turned it off for the night. Beds were comfy and everything appeared to be clean. Wife used the washer and dryer. Dryer could be better, took way to long to get clothes dry, hopefully it will get replaced soon. Not the easiest place to get to or find, but overall you won't be disappointed. Make sure you get there before the cookies are gone.

Room Tip: Be patient, traffic in this area can be crazy. Look for the back road behind Walmart and circle arou...