“Very Nice to Spend the Night” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15151 Turkey Creek Drive, Gulfport, MS 39503   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
Austin, Texas
“Very Nice to Spend the Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were very pleased with the hotel, the room, the service, and the free breakfast. The staff was very attentive and polite.
I noticed that a previous contributor mentioned the dehumidifier being rather loud. I agree it was loud. We simply turned it off.
The hotel is also very convenient to I-10.
A member of the staff recommended a restaurant named Steve's Marine. It was overpriced and the food was subpar. But, that's another story. See my review of this restaurant!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We passed through town and stayed here for one night. The first room we were checked in to had a broken ac unit and was muggy. No worries, a quick call to the front desk and we were in a room with working ac. The rooms are comfortable and large. Each room has a dehumidifier that could be a little on the loud side but wasn't too bad. The hotel only has one elevator and I chose to take the stairs rather than wait. Breakfast was ok. It was pretty standard and had a small fridge full of jimmy deans type of microwaveable sandwiches, waffles, gravy, cereal, baked goods, and boiled eggs. It's a small eating area but I found a table, no problem.

Overall it's a good hotel and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was really impressed with Al'leigh enthusiasm for the job. She made the stay stand out because she was so personable with me and my lady. We were only there for a short 2 night stay, but I know we plan to visit again in the future. Overall, I was happy and appreciative of Al'leigh's service and the kindness of the room attendants that spoke to me. I would say, the complimentary breakfast could stand out a little more. It felt a little bland. Still, free isn't ever a bad quality and there are a lot of local eats to try!

Room Tip: Be on the look out for the turn. It came up on me on each drive back to the hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

- In scanning several of the other reviews, I echo the comments concerning location: around the corner from the GPT airport and free shuttle to/from (starts as early as 4:30 AM); can only enter onto Turkey Creek Drive (right turn) when heading north on Route 49; very convenient to I-10; and lots of restaurants (fast food, sit-down chains, and locally owned) within walking distance or a quick drive by car.
- Generally a pretty darned clean/neat room.
- Dehumidifier.
- WiFi worked fine inside, but I could not get it at the outdoor tables just outside the indoor pool
- Large comfortable bed.
- No refrigerator or microwave, though.
- Small bathroom sink surface space.
- Breakfast was a bit on the “weak” side. Only “hot” food items were waffles (make your own), a small crock-pot of “SOS” (a sausage gravy), anything that you can toast, and a couple of prepared/packaged items for the microwave. Posted (on the lobby wall) breakfast hours differ from that listed in the “in room guide book.” 6:00 – 9:00 AM on weekdays and 7:00 – 10:00 AM on weekends appear to be the ground truth. However, as the evening Desk Clerk advised, their kitchen staff (sounds like it is really only one woman) is phenomenal, and arrives at 3:00 AM, primarily due to commercial airline aircrew who stay there and have early flights. On my departure date, I (and an aircrew) ate at 5:00 AM, and it was “same-same” as the day before when I ate at 7:00 AM. So… “Kudos” to the breakfast person/team!!!
- Front desk team was very friendly; interacted with at least three young ladies during different shifts.
- I miss the “old days” where Fairfield Inns always had fresh-baked cookies available to guests every evening/night!
- Bottom Line: a nice stay at the Federal government daily lodging rate.

Room Tip: I was in Room 214, next to the elevator and behind the front entry façade. No issue with the elevat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Orlando and again on our way back home to Texas. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and there was plenty of selection for breakfast. The hotel is very convenient to I-10 and there are many restaurants in the area. The room also had a microwave and fridge which is nice to keep your traveling food and beverages cold for the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs, otherwise, you can hear the stairs traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Texas. Stopped without a reservation but that was no problem. Little tricky finding Turkey Lane but we got there and were well pleased. Angel at the front desk was a real angel in assisting us with our reservation. The room was nice and had clean, fresh paint and there was a humidifier and curved shower bar. In the lobby there was a "market" with toothpaste, Clear Eyes, soft drinks, snacks, etc. Also, free cookies and a continental breakfast. No complaints here. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mahnattan48
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Needed a place to stay close to the airport for an early morning flight out and used points to stay. Place was hard to access from the main road - you have to pass it and double back. Entrance and lobby are pretty small and dreary, but the room itself was clean, comfortable and quiet.

I had called to confirm that they had an airport shuttle, which they do, and the first one was at 5am so it would take me in the morning, but it was not going to be running the night I was checking in, and I had to return my rental car. I figured I would take a cab back if I had to, and it still was better than having to deal with care rental return When I checked in the desk clerk confirmed that the shuttle wasn't available, but then she said they would pay for my cab back (and they did). Wish she had mentioned that on the phone - would have saved me some worry and annoyance. Then the next morning at 5 am the driver told me that she has already taken a couple over - that she gets there at 3am! So why do they say the first shuttle is at 5??? My flight was at 6am and it;s so close to the airport it wann't a problem, but they don't seem to have their act together on the shuttle business.

Room Tip: Doubt that it matters - it's quiet spot and the airport is not that busy so there was no problem...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport? Share your experiences!