“Comfortable Stay and Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Columbus, Mississippi
“Comfortable Stay and Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was really impressed with Al'leigh enthusiasm for the job. She made the stay stand out because she was so personable with me and my lady. We were only there for a short 2 night stay, but I know we plan to visit again in the future. Overall, I was happy and appreciative of Al'leigh's service and the kindness of the room attendants that spoke to me. I would say, the complimentary breakfast could stand out a little more. It felt a little bland. Still, free isn't ever a bad quality and there are a lot of local eats to try!

Room Tip: Be on the look out for the turn. It came up on me on each drive back to the hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Odenton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

- In scanning several of the other reviews, I echo the comments concerning location: around the corner from the GPT airport and free shuttle to/from (starts as early as 4:30 AM); can only enter onto Turkey Creek Drive (right turn) when heading north on Route 49; very convenient to I-10; and lots of restaurants (fast food, sit-down chains, and locally owned) within walking distance or a quick drive by car.
- Generally a pretty darned clean/neat room.
- Dehumidifier.
- WiFi worked fine inside, but I could not get it at the outdoor tables just outside the indoor pool
- Large comfortable bed.
- No refrigerator or microwave, though.
- Small bathroom sink surface space.
- Breakfast was a bit on the “weak” side. Only “hot” food items were waffles (make your own), a small crock-pot of “SOS” (a sausage gravy), anything that you can toast, and a couple of prepared/packaged items for the microwave. Posted (on the lobby wall) breakfast hours differ from that listed in the “in room guide book.” 6:00 – 9:00 AM on weekdays and 7:00 – 10:00 AM on weekends appear to be the ground truth. However, as the evening Desk Clerk advised, their kitchen staff (sounds like it is really only one woman) is phenomenal, and arrives at 3:00 AM, primarily due to commercial airline aircrew who stay there and have early flights. On my departure date, I (and an aircrew) ate at 5:00 AM, and it was “same-same” as the day before when I ate at 7:00 AM. So… “Kudos” to the breakfast person/team!!!
- Front desk team was very friendly; interacted with at least three young ladies during different shifts.
- I miss the “old days” where Fairfield Inns always had fresh-baked cookies available to guests every evening/night!
- Bottom Line: a nice stay at the Federal government daily lodging rate.

Room Tip: I was in Room 214, next to the elevator and behind the front entry façade. No issue with the elevat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Orlando and again on our way back home to Texas. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and there was plenty of selection for breakfast. The hotel is very convenient to I-10 and there are many restaurants in the area. The room also had a microwave and fridge which is nice to keep your traveling food and beverages cold for the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs, otherwise, you can hear the stairs traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Texas. Stopped without a reservation but that was no problem. Little tricky finding Turkey Lane but we got there and were well pleased. Angel at the front desk was a real angel in assisting us with our reservation. The room was nice and had clean, fresh paint and there was a humidifier and curved shower bar. In the lobby there was a "market" with toothpaste, Clear Eyes, soft drinks, snacks, etc. Also, free cookies and a continental breakfast. No complaints here. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mahnattan48
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Needed a place to stay close to the airport for an early morning flight out and used points to stay. Place was hard to access from the main road - you have to pass it and double back. Entrance and lobby are pretty small and dreary, but the room itself was clean, comfortable and quiet.

I had called to confirm that they had an airport shuttle, which they do, and the first one was at 5am so it would take me in the morning, but it was not going to be running the night I was checking in, and I had to return my rental car. I figured I would take a cab back if I had to, and it still was better than having to deal with care rental return When I checked in the desk clerk confirmed that the shuttle wasn't available, but then she said they would pay for my cab back (and they did). Wish she had mentioned that on the phone - would have saved me some worry and annoyance. Then the next morning at 5 am the driver told me that she has already taken a couple over - that she gets there at 3am! So why do they say the first shuttle is at 5??? My flight was at 6am and it;s so close to the airport it wann't a problem, but they don't seem to have their act together on the shuttle business.

Room Tip: Doubt that it matters - it's quiet spot and the airport is not that busy so there was no problem...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Lake Stevens, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently visited our son and family in the Gulfport area. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport. The staff there are all courteous and welcoming, but Alleigh Frazier at the front desk is a Staff Super Star!! Such a warm Sourthern hospitality greeting!! She was bubbly and personable each time she saw us in the lobby. She wanted to make sure all our needs were met and that we were having a grand time. She made us smile each day we saw her. We will definately be returning there again due to the closeness to the airport, the nice facility, the courteous staff, and especially because of Alleigh!!

Room Tip: We prefer the suites which have a bit of a living room area that makes it nice to visit with family...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Spring, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We chose the Fairfield Inn for a two-night stay in late August, based on the reviews below in comparison to the other area choices. Glad we did. Everything went well, no problems. Staff was prompt, friendly, helpful. Bedroom and bath were clean, fresh-smelling, roomy, well-maintained. Bed was very comfortable.

Air conditioner worked great and was quite. There was a humidifier also, not sure why. Summer air on the Gulf Coast is very humid, so the room air isn't usually excessively dry although the air conditioner runs a lot. Anyway, the humidifier was excessively noisy auto starting and stopping so we turned it off.

The hotel is directly under the takeoff flight path from the adjacent Gulfport airport, but you don't hear the planes inside at all. It's almost 5 miles to the closest beaches in Gulport, easy to get to on a straight shot down highway 49. But, if your interest is the Biloxi casinos, it's 18 miles to those, either by I-10 & I-110, or by the slower scenic, route along the beachfront.

There's an indoor pool, didn't use it but it looked clean. Didn't do breakfast either.

A little tip... watch closely for the right-turn off of 49 into the little lane that goes to the hotel. It's between an Arby's and a KFC and easily missed. The hotel is to the rear of several businesses, and has an IHOP next door. If you miss the turn, there's no way to work your back other than u-turning at the next light, then u-turning again at the next light. Yeah, we did it twice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport? Share your experiences!