“Very Pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 27 hotels in Gulfport
Houma, Louisiana
“Very Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We planned a trip to the gulfcoast but we forgot to book a room ahead of time. We tried several hotels but they were above our price range. I remembered I had a travel coupon book from the vistor's center. We were able to get this hotel for under $90 on a Saturday night. The hotel was very clean. Our room had this very pleasent clean smell. We had a humidifier in our room which I have not seen before at any hotel. I was impressed with their forthought. This will keep the room for eventually having that musky smell all hotel get. It also acted as a good sound buffer. The front desk clerk was very friendly. The free breakfast was typical and didn't have any type of meat. the pool was a little cloudy but the pool room was warm so you didn't freeze when you got out of the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is not clean. The hallway was not vacuumed for the entire stay and there was visible debris on the carpet. Also, the duvet cover on our bed had dried blood that was visible but they did not take the time to change the linens until we asked them to. The carpet was not vacuumed in our room and we found a clothes hanger and food crumbs in our room upon arrival. The bathroom is very small and not well lit and the area around the toliet had not been cleaned. Property is hard to find from road and hard to access. I am still itching from the uncleanliness of this room. Spend your money at another place it will be well worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield for 2 nights on a recent business trip. The location of the property is very close to the airport not even a 2 minute drive so great if you have an early flight like I did. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating.

The hotel appears to be near new and the rooms are a good size and modern. The facilities on site for meals are a bit limited with only breakfast available but that's to be expected at a Fairfield hotel, having said that within 2 blocks of the hotel there are a heap of options available so it's not a big problem.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cuba, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Located in the northern area of Gulfport near the airport. Seems to be on the approach path for jets which was a little noisy outside but not noticeable inside. Good all around experience for our family.

Check In: Quick and painless. Staff was very friendly and efficient.

Room: Beds were the most comfortable of the trip. Linens were fresh and clean.

Pool: Indoor pool and workout area available.

Overall a good value.

Room Tip: Avoid the IHOP across the lot, and try to get a room near the center elevator or even near the end s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The rooms are gorgeous - love the bed and bedding. The breakfast was nice too. Didn't use the pool but it looked nice (indoor) and there's a hot tub. Restaurants all around and a Walmart! Little frig in the room. Cold a/c and a dehumidifier. Only problem: I booked with Priceline and when I called to ask for a double, I got trouble from the desk clerk. She insisted I had to choose King or double from Priceline (which is impossible). It took 3 calls and finally someone called the manager and I got a double. When I checked in, the staff was wonderful and friendly. I think they are probably pet friendly also.

Room Tip: I liked my room which was 1st floor by the side door. Easy access.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a nice hotel. I do love Marriott. The lobby and rooms were clean. The bed was wonderful. I need that mattress. My problem with this hotel is the management that made the stay terrible. My card for whatever reason would not work (only at this hotel though) and the young lady who waited on us had to speak with the manager. The manager was a cold as a slab of ice. She didn't speak to us or anything. They finally accepted cash. I was so unbelievably shocked because I rave about Marriott hotels all the time and my fiance pointed out how awful the manager was and sheer embarrassment came over me because this is the hotel i selected for his birthday. There's a Courtyard across from the beach (which did not show up on Marriott's site) and there's also a Residence Inn there as well. I will be staying at one of these from now on.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We always look for Fairfiled Inns when travelling. This hotel is conveniently located near the interstate and rooms are large and clean. Restaurants are close by and it makes a good stopping point for a tired travelling family.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Gulfport? Share your experiences!