“Fair Priced Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9445 Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503 (Formerly Hampton Inn Gulfport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
“Fair Priced Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Clarion Inn while on a weekend birthday getaway to Gulfport / Ship Island. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and comfortable. Price was fair. We would most likely look into staying here again on a return trip.

Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I am truly sory that your recent stay didn't meet the other than perfect experience we try to give all of our guest! Please contact me directly so that I may have further conversations about your stay! Thank You!

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Greenville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I arrived to the hotel very late at night, my experience with the first night clerk was excellent. He was very professional and helpful. Check-in was speedy and the first maintenance gentleman in the lobby provided some great fun things to do while on vacation. After the arrival experience, it went downhill. My sheets were not changed, no wash cloths were left in my room, and the second evening desk clerk did not answer the telephone that rang about 75 times. I walked down to the front desk only to find the second evening desk clerk and another employee outside smoking and having a length conversation. Once downstairs, the night clerk went to his car and left the maintenance employee to handle my complaint. The second maintenance gentleman was nice and he informed me that it was very hard for the Clarion Inn to find good help that is one of the reasons I did not receive towels, have my sheets changed, or that my room was not cleaned properly. (There were hand prints on the mirror for my entire three day stay and I was given a roll of towel paper that looked like it had been dropped in the toliet and dried out). Nonetheless, I received clean sheets however they were out of wash cloths. I was handed bath mats. I was told that was all they had in house. I received an apology from the maintenance as well as the front desk clerk after I called to inform them that I was given bath mats. IF YOU ARE STAYING HERE, BRING YOUR OWN CLEAN SHEETS AND TOWELS. OH YEAH, HOUSEKEEPING MIGHT CLEAN YOUR ROOM PROPERLY!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a online review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may have further communication on your stay!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived in Gulfport on our travelling honeymoon. After finding it on Hotels.com, we stopped. It is right off the hwy and just minutes from a public beach. We got there the night clerk, Liz, greeted us with open arms. I say this because when we arrive it was a few minutes into the NBA finals, and a storm had gone through and knocked out their cable. That being said, she was on hold with the cable company on speaker and answering calls from hotel visitors. She was very busy, but went above and beyond to get us checked in, in the midst of her madness. She was able to tell us where to go to view the game and where to get a good local meal. The room was clean, we had enough towels ect. The hot breakfast was great. When we attempted to get the room another night, we were told by new front office staff the price was now doubled because it was Friday (weekend rates) We were disappointed to say the least, so we checked out and moved on. Thank you Liz for your help, you were great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel! We appreciate any feed back from our guest that we can get! I have also passed on your comments to Liz so that she can know all of her hard work is appreciated!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the hotel & the appearance was awesome. The only complaint I have is there was hair remaining in the bathroom. Other than that the staff was amazing. Lauren was on duty when we checked in & she made us feel welcome.

Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We appreciate the great review and letting us know about the other! I hope you will come back soon and stay with us again!
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend. It was an excellent hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious, and odor free!! The breakfast was AMAZING!! The pool area was great. I just wish kids weren't allowed in after a certain time. I have no complaints. This hotel is within walking distance to many hotels. Close to many attractions. The beach is about a 10 min drive. We didn't mind. I would definitely stay at this hotel again! The bed was the most comfortable bed I ever slept on. My only complaint is that the shower head didn't change settings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review and we sincerely hope you come back next year on your Birthday! P.s. Happy Birthday!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

It was ok for one night... The hotel is off thw highway which is good. The room was decent size.. I left note on reservation for a 1st floor room.. None was available.. Did nt hear any highway noise but the noise from the people that hang outside all hours of the night kept me up... Finally people started going to sleep only to hear the workers out front smoking and talking.. Was too tired from the 8 hour drive to get there to complain.. Then you had people from some lawn service I guess take up about 8 parking spots at the front so I had to walk from close to the hotel next door to park.. I know room types and floors are not guarunteed but it seemed like there were more "long term tenants" there than actual guest.. At the first sign of morning we left... This place is ok for one night..

Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate all guest feedback! Hopefully you'll stay with us again in the near future!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I searched for hours to find best hotel deal and feel good about this choice. Although it is not the ideal hotel for a beach visitor unless you are trying to save money (you may as well stay right on the beach) because this is your typical hotel on a busy 4 lane crowded street with speeding traffic, the hotel is nice and clean and the room was excellent, breakfast was much higher quality than all other hotels of similar price. this is the best for someone passing through who wants a quality night.

Room Tip: there was a loud train passing right along the back of the building but i did not hear it but be war...