“Reasonable and clean room for overnight.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9445 Highway 49, Gulfport, MS 39503 (Formerly Hampton Inn Gulfport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
“Reasonable and clean room for overnight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Quick on and off highway for overnight stay - in route to Houston. Walked to Mexican restaurant across the street. Plenty of other restaurants within walking distance. Comfortable bed and allowed our dog to stay over - which is a plus for us.

• Stayed February 2013
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I am glad to hear your visit with us was great and that being a pet friendly hotel worked out good for you! Please, come back and see us soon!

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
State Center, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Absolutely no problems. Good breakfast. Outside entrance. Clean room and friendly staff. Lots of stores, eating places, etc. in the area. We drove down to the beach and drove along it. It was beautiful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisa C, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I have shared your thoughts and comments with the staff so that they can know all of their hard work and dedication is being noticed! We hope to see you back soon!
Batesville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I would like to start off by saying this was a great experience. The front desk was very helpful no matter what the situation or time of the matter. The breakfest was amazing. The rooms were very clean and nicely set up. The next time I travel down to gulfport I will be staying at the Clarion.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor but it was no problem elavators or choice of stairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lisa C, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I am so please that your stay was great! We look forward to having you back soon! Thanks for staying with us at the Clarion Inn Gulfport!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

So the Clarion Inn use to a Hampton Inn... I noticed during my stays, which i stay very frequently (to show how much i love this place), that the Clarion really is almost the same as it was when it was the Hampton with only a few minor changes!
First, the amazing front desk staff, friendly faces and attitudes! Do everything possible to welcome me! Check in is always quick, even when they are super busy! They understand no one wants to wait, but i also understand they get busy. So when i have had to wait a moment longer, they are so entertaining. Great people to converse with. Funny, bubbly, smart... Ive spent time actually at the front desk (when its not busy) just to talk to them!
Second, housekeeping...
The rooms are always phenomenal! The beds are amazing with the best pillows! So clean! And the hskp staff go out of their way to help, but to them it seems nothing is out of the way! They work hard and do an excellent job! Thank you ladies!
Third, maintenance... Now we all know it doesn't matter where you go, there are going to be some issues, like toilet stopped up or light went out, even as simple as new batteries needed... The maintence men there are quick and effecient! Very quiet, but very polite and determined to fix whatever may be an issue for you. Including the elevators! Some things are as we all know beyond our control! It is these men who do they very best to fix all those things! And the groundsman, keeping the parking lot clean. He's out every morning early sweeping and cleaning so we can enjoy everything! Thank you gentlemen!
Fourth breakfast...
The breakfast hosts are amazing women! They go above and beyond! They cook food and try to keep it filled. They even make the waffles to help guests out! Very sweet women who make sure breakfast is hot and filled and the coffee is fresh and full!
Checkout is just as great as check in! FABULOUS!

I have read all the reviews on this site and might i say, before you want to yell and get mad about things, think about it... The elevators, really... No one plans it to mess up on you! Its not done maliciously. And the credit card/debit card issue, i have witnessed guest acting a fool to the front desk staff... ITS NOT THEIR FAULT! Computers run it, not the staff. Technology is a tricky thing. There are always glitches somewhere, eventually! I have used my debit card and never had an issue! People are too quick these days to blame someone else when it is out of that person's hands!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AND I SUGGEST HAVING YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE AND SEEING FOR YOURSELF! IT IS MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!! IT CAN BE YOURS AS WELL! :)

• Stayed July 2012
Lisa C, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you so much for the outstanding and very kind review! Your positive comments were very welcomed and appreciated after our trying experience this summer with the elevator and your understanding of the matter being out of our control was a refreshing attitude towards our staff! Again, thank you so much and we hope to see you soon!
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

After spending alot of time reviewing Gulfport Hotels on the Trip Advisor site, Clarion Inn stood out as the best bet for overall value, cleanliness and price for a quick trip for business down to the Gulf based on some of the reviews I read. I was pleasantly surprised! Very clean room. Comfy bed. Complimentary hot breakfast really hit the spot! The positive reviews on this site really were true!!!

I would definitely stay here again and again. I am used to staying at higher end hotels and spend a lot of time on Trip Advisor reviewing my potential destinations before I go. My budget wasn't very large for this trip, but Clarion Inn definitely came through with a clean (and I stress clean) comfy room. I can't stress to you readers enough that I am verrry particular about cleanliness. My Clarion Inn room was cleaner than I could have expected. The mattress and pillows were so comfortable and NO BED BUGS!!!!!!

The hotel is in a great location, has a friendly staff and that tasty free breakfast every morning got my day started right. I had a nice flat screen TV and refrigerator in my room, free parking and they even have a pool. Great value for the price.

I've read that other people encountered problems with the elevators during their stay. During my stay, I had no problem with the elevators. I actually just took the stairs most of the time anyway. I also read that people experienced some billing issues or double charges. I did not have any problems and I booked with a credit card.

It's not a 5-Star hotel. But if you are on a budget and need a clean relaxing place to stay, minutes from the Gulf Coast, I highly recommend Clarion Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jeremy R, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for thw wonderful review that you posted on our tripadvisor! Sharing your comments with the staff was a awesome way to start out the day! Not to mention a much needed pick me up! Again Thank You so much! Lisa Couch - General Manager
Columbus, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was going to give this hotel an ok review. Elevator was broken to start with but they changed the room to a lower level because my husband is disabled.But then they double charged my room. I prepaid for this room and they charged the entire weeks stay again. I have never had such crap. The card I used has limited money on it on purpose but now all my other charges will come back and all I can get from management is it will be credited back to my account in 7 days.It's an fee to check to make sure my credit card was validate. My family travels several times a year,NEVER EVER had this and I will never stay at a Clarion Inn again.The customer service sucks!!!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy R, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
I am so very sorry your stay was not a very happy one! Unfortunately your were given incorrect information on the elevator, it wasn't that we were trying to fix it ourselves but that the elevator couldn't quite figure out what was happening to cause the doors to stick. Unfortunetley it took us calling in a different company to resolve the issue. As to the other matters during your stay with us I would love to talk to you and get you some compensation for the other than perfect stay you experienced. Please call me at the hotel 228-868-3300 at your earliest convienence. - Lisa Couch General Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Our group booked a few rooms here because everything else was booked up. I quickly discovered why this motel was still available! The elevator was broken. Two people from our group were stuck on it and we're later told by the front desk that "it keeps breaking but they are trying to save money and fix it themselves instead of calling an elevator company". The room was filthy! Lots of hair in bathtub and on the floor. The maids actually left my door open on the second day I was there. Smoke from the neighbor room kept coming in our nonsmoking room. Last but not least, they tell you they have breakfast until 10am, but they don't refill things once they are gone. At 9:40, there was no food left. This was the most unpleasant motel experience I've ever had! We finally checked out & went over to the Hilton!

• Stayed July 2012
Jeremy R, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I would first like to say I am deeply sorry that your recent stay was other than perfect! We strive to provide the utmost care and consideration to each and every guest that chooses our hotel for their stay in Gulfport! I would like to further talk to you about this stay so that we can learn from your mishaps and to move forward with better knowledge on how to handle guest issues so that every stay is up to our standards. Please contact me at 228-868-3300 GM - Lisa Couch

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!