“A little old, but was clean” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
Baltimore, Maryland
“A little old, but was clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Hotel was dated and old, BUT it was clean and comfortable. My Husband and I stayed just one night. The two things that were not so great about this hotel was the musty mold smell in the room and the pillows. The pillows were smaller than what you normally put on your couch. They were literally 12 inches by 12 inches and you only get 4 (King Bed). Besides that it was just fine. Especially if you are just passing through.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

The rooms were clean but I didnt have a microwave in our room and the paint in the tub was peeling and needed to be replaced. No swimming pool. For the length of time we stayed it was ok but should have been cheaper.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've stayed here before, so this is just an update. I stayed in the same room that I stayed in the last time and this time it had both the microwave and fridge. Internet worked well. Room still very clean and nice. A/C worked well.

The only thing that might bother somone is it is in the flight path of the airport. So you do hear planes fly over. I didn't hear them in the middle of the night. It is also located at a busy intersection, but like another reviewer said...there is a traffic light to help you get in and out of the place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Lobby and BF area are very nice. It is when you open the door to your room that you realize that the room has not been updated like the lobby. It is ok if you must stay there. Better hotels close by. Bathroom tiny and badly needs updating.

It does have micro and fridge so that is a plus. AC worked as it was suppose to. Highway 49 is extremely busy and it is nice that this motel has a light to enter/exit.

We stayed on the lower level so that we could back our car close to the door and uload and load. We like doing that vs a cart up an elevator and down the hall.

This is a two story motel and no elevator. BF is your typical some kind of eggs/sausage/biscuit/juice/coffee.

Room Tip: get one on lower level instead of second floor
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed here in December 2011. It is in a good location and convenient to shopping. The stoplight is a great help in getting in and out of the hotel. When I arrived, I could not check in early because they needed to let the carpet dry after cleaning them that day. So they preassigned me a room and I went to find something to do. When I finally got checked into the room, the carpet was not completely dry. The chair was on the bed and the lamp on the window sill. I just put the stuff back. I could not access the wireless internet. I found out the next morning that it had something to do with the location of the routers. So I moved rooms.

The next room had no microwave but had a fridge. That was a little bit inconvenient but I let the manager know since it was supposed to have one.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. Room was clean. They've been updating. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was decent. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a king room and good internet, ask to be close to the office.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Sanger, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Great staff ...Clean room across the street from the Beach. Frig in room a big plus.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Whatever the rate is, I would advise that you go else where. When we arrived we asked to see a room. The room appeared to be clean, I was thinking I could get a good nights rest for the two nights we would be there. We decided to stay, sorry we did. The saying is true, you get what you pay for. Upon arriving back that night we brought drinks to put in the fridge. Here is where we had a problem, I saw three small roaches in the fridge. I killed them. Sitting at the desk here comes another one. It was late and I did not want to switch rooms in the middle of the night. Early the next moring I went in and they moved us to another room.
Another problem, water was leaking from the fridge and the AC unit would not let me sleep, because of all the noise it was making.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Quality Inn Gulfport? Share your experiences!