“Great Hotel across street from Gulf” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 East Beach Boulevard (Highway 90 & Pratt Avenue), Gulfport, MS 39501-2103 (Formerly Gulfport Beachfront Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
Lancaster, KY
“Great Hotel across street from Gulf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The rooms are very nice. There is a refrigerator and room to put some snacks. The pool is great. It is very large compared to most hotels. One complaint I had was that there is only one washer/dryer in the entire hotel. We were in Gulfport for a softball tournament, and obviously so were several others...I had to stay up doing laundry until 1:30 because it was in use all night. The hotel is conveniently located to the outlet mall and lots of restaurants. I would stay here again if I were to go to Gulfport. My other complaint is about there not being a free breakfast. One more thing...if you have never been to Gulfport and are thinking you are going to see water like you see in Destin/Pensacola, you may want to rethink where you go to the beach. The sand is nice, but the water is brown.

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

It's across the street from the beach. That's a plus. The staff is very friendly. That's another plus. No cream for coffee in the am....I don't get that one. The restaurant didn't even have cream in stock. Spoiled milk was given to me next as an alternative. Now I'm questioning what's wrong with management. Later on, the courtesy coffee in the afternoon was cold. I'm guessing it was still there from the breakfast hours. Luckily the cream had been replenished.

So, the hotel is standard Courtyard Inn fare, although slightly taller at 5 stories. Bathrooms need remodeling.

It's fine, but I'll look for a different place next trip. It's not just about friendly staff but about staff implementing good systems. Luckily the location is a plus.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the beach.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Phenix City, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here May 11 thru 13, the hotel is really nice and is just across the street from the Gulf (which was filthy). It was a nice drive over from Biloxi and close to the outlets. The room was nice and the pool was a great size compared to most hotels we stay in, but it started to rain as soon as we got in it. I was sick on Saturday night and there were noisy guests roaming the halls until late in the evening, otherwise it was a really nice stay.

We had a bad experience with the staff, I booked a guaranteed category room, but when we checked in, that room had been given away to someone else, and we arrived only 1 hour after the posted check in time. We spent 3 hours and numerous calls to the Corporate and still didn't get what I paid for, but the room we did get was comfortable and over looked the pool.

If we ever go back to Gulfport/Biloxi again, I would not hesitate to stay here again, I just hope the staff learns not to give away rooms someone else has booked prior to their arrival, that is a guaranteed category.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. Michelle is truly an asset to Marriott. She was professional, helpful and friendly while assisting me with my reservation. The breakfast buffet was tops. I only stay Marriott because of the level of quality and this location was no disappointment. Last but not least Location Location!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Rowlett, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Average hotel rooms, but great location. Not a free breakfast here; it's $9 - ask for a $3 off coupon from the front desk. Awesome large pool!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for ocean view!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

So I had a reservation to stay at this hotel from 7/12-7/15 for my family reunion but because of a last minute military issue, I couldn't made it. However, my family still made it and are there right now. I spoke to the front desk manager Susanna Cameron yesterday and explained to her that I wasn't able to make it but my kids were still going with my mom who also booked a room. Susanna was very nice and helpful and made sure that my children could still check in with my mom who was in another room. I originally booked a king room with pullout sofa but Susanna stated she would change the room to 2 queens a few doors away from my mom so my granny could stay with my kids. Unfortunately, Susanna was gone by the time they checked in last night. The person who checked my family in (Megan or Michelle) was rude and put my kids on the 4th floor. My mom is staying on the 1st floor. She told my mom that's all she had. My mom explained to her that Susanna placed my kids in a room down the hall from her room. The clerk told my mom that was a lie because they don't know what room they will be in until the guest checks in. If that was the case, then why was Susanna able to tell me which room my mom was supposed to be in when I called that morning before they checked in?! So I'm thinking maybe they gave my kids room away because they were placed in a king with a pullout sofa even after the front desk manager changed it to 2 queens. Now, my mom isn't happy with this hotel at all. She has a lung disease and is on oxygen. She can't walk too far which is why she was placed on the 1st floor. They knew of this because her oxygen was delivered to the hotel and kept in the office she arrived. Then, my mom who is now on the 4th floor had a do not disturb sign on the door but when she went for breakfast, housekeeping came in a serviced the room...why put the sign up is no one will follow it? Overall, I would stay here. The hotel is nice (a typical Marriott property) and a stones throw to the beach. Just watch out for some of the staff!

winfield, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We live in Illinois and my wife picked some place with the shortest most direct trip to ocean and called the Marriot and got us a suite...we were very happy with it! Very nice room for 4, across street from beach, nice pool to swim and hang out in. My 2 teenage sons loved the room and the pool and the hotel. Would go back!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront? Share your experiences!