“Very clean but worst beds ever!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Brookhaven, Mississippi
“Very clean but worst beds ever!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at this Ramada this weekend for a business trip. The room was clean and was equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave. The only problem was that the mattresses and pillows were horrible. If I had not brought my pillow, I wouldn't have slept at all. If these things were replaced, this would be a decent place to stay. Loved the location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Odessa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We stayed there over night on our way to Louisiana. From the moment we checked in the hotel staff was extremely friendly! They are a pet friendly hotel and received my daughter and I with our two dogs with open arms. Remote to tv was broken and they fixed within 10 minutes. Only downfall I saw was on checkout, the hotel lobby smelled a little off. I would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stopped at this hotel on the way back to SC from TX. The front desk associate, Carla, was amazing, and honestly the reason we stayed. The room was comfortable and roomy, especially for the 1 night we stayed. Only complaints would be that the doors open to the outside, not to a corridor, and the breakfast was a abysmal!
Would definitely stay here again if I were to be in the Gulfport area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kingsport, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The major positive about my two night stay and business meeting in this motel were the people. Paul, the manager, and the young man at the front desk during the days, (while I was there anyway), were great! Any request I had was fulfilled immediately!!

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the property. What is it when you walk into your room and it has that "odor"? My wife calls it mold and mustiness due to moisture...and I "guess" that's what it is. But every time I tend to smell this in a motel room or corridor of a motel I know it's not likely to be good. :-(

The room was "acceptable", but in looking at the rooms, one just knew they weren't going to be good. Frankly, they were just below what I would call average, but if I needed a room for a night, these would be acceptable.

The continental breakfast in the morning was ok, except for in my case, the toaster didn't work for me to toast my bagel or toast. I will admit too though that the price point of $60 / night in that area wasn't bad either.

In conclusion, if you have the $$ and somewhere maybe "better" to stay, like the Holiday Inn, Clarion, or Hilton down the street, stay there. But if you're on limited funds, this place was acceptable and had a nice exercise area, was close to restaurants, (a Japanese steakhouse attached), and a nice pool area. And say hello to Paul for me. He is a great manager.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a non-smoking room, and one close to the pool, 100 - 120 on the lower floors so t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
gritsonthebeach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I do not expect that much from a hotel at this price point but I was completely disappointed in our recent stay. We had originally planned to stay three nights but only stayed two. The only good thing about this stay was the friendliness of the person who checked us in at the front desk. The room was dark and very musty and dank. I am familiar with humidity but the feeling in the room was more than that. It was like the carpet was wet the whole time we stayed. The beds and pillows are terribly uncomfortable. The breakfast was very disappointing. It should not be considered a free breakfast but I do not know if it really qualifies as continental. The choices were limited, especially with only ONE waffle maker. The only protein was yogurt. Even the coffee didn't taste good. The servers in the breakfast area were not very friendly, slow, and I do not even think they understood/spoke English. When housekeeping cleaned the room, they did not give us the same amount of linens back as the dirty ones they replaced. Overall, I really wouldn't recommend a room here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Malvern, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was a guest here for 4 days. I noticed they were working on some of the rooms. They were very direct and honest about this. The desk area was very nice and open and as a plus they had a rental car agency right in the lobby.
I think the location is excellent. It is directly on the Highway. Nearby you have a Super WalMart and a gas station. The beach is a casual walk away straight down the street. I preferred the location over any of the others I saw in Gulfport.

The room was quiet and the furniture was more than enough for the clothes and television and writing at the table, not some small desk and a suitcase bench. The bed was large and firm.
Plenty of lights and a new carpet.

I was very satisfied. The bath and shower were large and I am so glad the bathroom, was not just a WC. I am a tall person and hate to feel exposed or cubed in.

The staff was more than generous with there time and assistance. Thank You.
I have read a few reviews that had made me worry but I was glad the reality was better for me.
I regret to say I slept through all the breakfast times.

I also had a couple pets. They were treated well also and very comfortably recieved. I liked how they were not just considered luggage when I was there. You have to love your pets if you travel with them and it is always nice to see them accepted.

Room Tip: Always ask when you request a room if it is ground or another floor. Many people forget and end up m...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I travel a lot due to business but I love staying at Ramada in Gulfport people goes above and beyond...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Gulfport? Share your experiences!