“First time surprise!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“First time surprise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

My wife and I decided to take a two day trip to Gulfport because its only two hours away! We then phoned Island View to make reservations. Every time we go to Gulfport we spend most of our time there anyway!! We had never stayed there before, but upon our arrival we were greeted with the most welcoming attitude!!! We were then told we would be receiving an upgrade to our room!! ALL I can say is "WOW", we were upgraded to a luxury suite overlooking the gulf on one side and the downtown skyline on the other!!! This was really a wonderful surprise! The wait staff was wonderful!! The room was plush, needless to say this was the most relaxing two day getaway we have ever taken!! we will definitely be returning !! we would recommend Island View to anyone that wants to enjoy there time away from home!! The food in the Buffet was excellent! The drink service at the slots was a tad bit lacking, but in all a great experience!! Thank You Island View!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

nice rooms and great comps but just gamble for fun because payouts in miss north region are lowest in missi according to official gaming statistics

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

This place is awesome! We stayed for one night while passing through and could not have asked for anything better. The rooms were large and clean with all new furnishings and cozy beds! The casino is definelty the best and biggest in the whole gulf area. This hotel is about 15 minutes away from Biloxi, but it is a really easy drive straight up the beach road!
We won a ton in this casino so the whole experience was free!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

ALright lets be fair , the rooms were clean and nice, workers were very helpful and kind.
You have WIFI and Coffee in your room, the very convient to get to your rooms, in a nice quiet location....
Now the negative, we were awaken all during the night and early in am.....with the talking , closing doors, and Televisions around us...
Now for dining the food at the Grill was wonderful....I would recommend it to anyone...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
East Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Well,I have been meaning to write this review for awhile, but had to think about the experience carefully. First the good stuff, This Casino Resort located in the heart of Gulfport on the gulf coast, is a privatly owned property. No big big corporations, and must have very happy and loyal employees. Everyone I came in contact with was very nice and smiled alot. The hotel rooms are very nice and well appointed. The rooms very clean. The breakfast buffett was really good and had unique southern dishes. Very tasty and great fried green tomatoes...I also recommend the C&G grill. Great service and selections for lunch and dinner. Both of these outlets are reasonably priced. The casino is nice and a very large assortment of penniy machines. I played everything from pennies to the 10.00 machines. At the end of the second day, I was even and happy. I enjoyed the table limits. Overall it was agreat experience. However, there are some negatives as well, I arrived at midnight on a saturday night. there are no casino hosts after midnight. I walked through the casino and saw no jackpots being paid on a Saturday night. The high limits area is very small and a very limited selection of games. (This was my only real disappointment) The biggest complaint is while I played two days and mainly around the high limits area, every time I wanted a beverage, I had to leave my machine and walk to the bar. BEVERAGE service is HORRIBLE at this casino.

I do look forward to my next visit at this casino. The good far out weighs the bad. Remember this place is owned private and your gaming dollars truly remain and help the gulf coast. COMPS are easy to earn and they have a great point and cashback system. I also have to point out they currently have a promtion that if your a new member, not only will they accept the coupons from the competion, they will double those coupons up to 500.00. I turned a Harrahs coupon for 250.00 into 500.00 on my first visit. Was impressed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Weekday stay in Gulfport. Room was big enough for three king beds, huge bath, well appointed. Great value. Smokey casino cannot be avoided is the only drawback.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sylacauga, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

We have been going a good year or so now to the gulf coast, and i really am impressed with the wonderful attention the island view gives us. My friend gets free room, and sometimes i have also, when that happens we combine them and take a four day vacation! There is alot going on for srs in the area and in all but one casino in biloxi you are a sr if you are 50, thats a plus for me! As my friend is older than i am, lol. Our last trip we walked out to the peir nearby and looked at the ocean, and just enjoyed a sunset. And we played all over the place, but since Island view gives us rooms, we play there alot and we ate there this time on our comps. We had a great sandwich platter for a five am breakfast at the coffee shop, they had sent some comps for any eating place to my friend, so this and two cups of coffee only cost him a buck. Then we ate later on in our stay at the grill there and the hamburger was the best i have ever eaten. I did not even have indigestion, how great is that, its unbelievable but TRUE! I have reflux and take meds but always get repeats on burgers, not this time! It was truly a heavenly burger! Will eat one of their nine dollar burgers again even if i pay for it! They dont carry my fav beers smirnoff but they did have bud light lime and thats good for a beer while i was playing slots. The room was great, i dont think i ever wake up at all from their beds till i am ready to actually get up and go, not true with so many other beds. I have slept at the isle, their beds are bad, the palace was pretty good, and i have not been to any others but the view since we have started going so regular. After all they are the only one sending us free offers, and thats where we will spend most our playing money. Looking forward to all the offers that I imagaine will come in from our last trip in most places we really got to play awhile for our money. Only two were bad for me and that was the palace and hard rock, no real payback this time to keep playing this trip. I played a long time at the island view and lost alot of my trip money, i did not hit anything this trip, but i have and my friend has in the past, so it comes in cycles. I actually had done well at silver star/golden moon before we got to gulfport and spend my winnings from there in the gulf, but at least i had more to spend when i arrived...lol. Lost the last of my money at wind creek on the way home but boy did i get to play the first day, enjoy the pool and room and two meals before i left. So for the 100 i left home with i had a good 1000 playing vacation of this i am sure.

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Island View Casino Resort? Share your experiences!