“Excellent place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Island View Casino Resort
3300 West Beach Boulevard, Gulfport, MS 39501   |
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Vero Beach, Florida
“Excellent place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here at least twice a year for 3-4 nites each time and have enjoyed it very much. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and fresh, the housekeeping staff are courteous and helpful.
They have restaurants with great variety in food and price.
And most of all the casino has great variety of machines for all.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs room with view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We just did a 5 day trip and this was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in. Large, beautiful, comfortable room, and friendly, helpful staff members in every area we visited. We stay here on every trip thru and always love it!

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Island View is a nice, comfortable hotel with courteous staff and nice restaurants. The Grill has good, moderately priced dishes in a comfortable atmosphere. The bakery is divine. The rooms are comfortable with a safe and refrigerator. One of the few hotels that still allows smoking...thanks Island View...please smokers...be courteous and considerate so that the privilege is not discontinued. BUT, wha happened to the popular noted casino return from the casino. My last visit was very disappointing with the gaming...not a usual occurance with Island View. The check-in experience was the ultimate. Early check-ins get a coupon for a free drink and hors d'ouevres at their bar until 5:00 pm. All in all, the Island View is a nice experience but look out Island View, the gambling reputation that brought the people to you is slowing vanishing!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

For those of you who have the time to write negative comments about a hambuger,my advise to you is stay home. Island View has so many choices for food,yet you want to gripe about a hambuger. Shame on you. We make four to five trips a year and are treated like royality.The rooms are beautiful and our Host Susie never forgets a birthday or anniversary.Try talking about clean rooms,great food,A Plus service, great gaming and golf course.Thank You Island View.We look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Terrytown, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I made the same mistake of ordering a $10.00 hamburger/cheeseburger for myself and two other people and my guests who paid to stay there for 2 days ordered the same. The hamburger was terrible as I last remembered and my guests said the same. It was horrible, tasted like anything but beef and was heavy enough to use as an anchor. There was no flavor no seasoning added and they should ban that from the menu. By the way the steak delmonico is horrible as well.. Don't believe you're cooking with beef. Spend less money on your Chefs with doctor coats on and get a veterinarian in there to see if that's real Beef. P.S. Never, Never, Never, and I do mean Never eat in the Buffet, not worth your money and it's always dirty or some kind of food on the floors where the food is and where you sit to eat and the supervisor and some staff members who have been there for a long time is always watching you like you're going to steal something. Wow! Petty and Nasty theft! Housekeeping staff (majority of them) do not speak English and the rooms are not that clean. So bring your disinfectants, cleansers and bleach. I once found a dirty black sock in my bed the first night of arrival and called housekeeping immediately and they only responded by sending a man in to remove it. I had to call back and ask them to change both beds in my presence. The front desk staff and vip staff is wonderful but a lot of things need to be brought to someone's attention that can make necessary changes to improve things in-house. Just saying!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite, maybe it's better and more attention is given to that type of room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I thought I was too tough in an earlier review of Island View. I was hoping that it was just one bad experience. It wasn't...and I wasn't!

This review is just my opinion. But it is based on more than one visit, or just occasional visits. Take it for what it is. If you're thinking of visiting, do so. Form your own opinion. If you have a better experience, I think that's a good thing. It may mean Island View is listening to its guests.

As it stands, my plan for 2013 is to use my hotel comps at Island View and gamble in Biloxi. The rooms aren't bad when they're clean. I know that they've been shampooing the carpet more. I've seen it, and one night my floor was a little damp at check-in. This visit I was thankful my momma taught me to never sit on public toilets without cleaning or covering. I could tell the seat hadn't been cleaned and when I took a few tissues and wiped it, the tissues were brown. My advice is to bring Clorox wipes, if you can.

Having said that, I can say that it appears the staff is working on the overall cleanliness of the hotel. The halls don't smell as smoky or musty as they once did. They could probably focus more on dusting, cleaning the grout in the bathrooms, and knowing when to throw out the rubber mats for the tubs and the pillow shams. On a good note, the check-in staff is friendly and courteous, and really go out of the way to be helpful.

One more point here - if you use the valet service, you may want to ask your valet to handle your vehicle or rental with care. Two weeks ago, someone pulled out in front me driving like an idiot. Turns out it was one of the female valets in someone's practically new car. I've sat outside on occasion to get away from the smoke in the casino and I can tell you that some guests wouldn't be pleased with how their vehicles are being driven.

My second beef during this visit was the buffet. Someone should be taken behind the shed and spanked for allowing some of those crab legs to be served. A few of us were standing in line waiting for them to fill the pans when someone's little girl yelled out, "Why are those crab dirty?" It was funny to hear that coming from a child. It was not so funny that she was telling the truth. I guess they figured fewer guests during the pre-Christmas holiday justified the lack in food quality.

Finally, I still believe the slots are way too tight. I play slots even though I know the odds are in the casino's favor and there's no such thing as an almost jackpot. I know spins are random. But I also know that the casino can control looseness. Some of the machines here should be thrown out because it appears no one has a chance at getting even a small return. If some of the casino's employees think the machines are too tight, you know you've got issues.

The place is becoming depressing. And again, I don't base this on one visit or an occasional visit. I love to play and just get away, but I would like to see or hear more winning including for myself. More importantly, I would just like for the freeplay and my money to last longer. The truth is without the promotions, Island View would probably be in trouble. I'm noticing the weekend crowds are getting thinner.

Months ago, I would have to wait to play certain machines. Now you can go to some parts of the casino, and absolutely no one is playing in the area. You go to other areas and players are swearing and complaining. Get on the elevator at the end of the night and it's even worse. Yes, gambling is a gamble. I, and obviously a number of others, just believe it should be a fair gamble.

The last point I want to make is this - after my last review I noticed that my Guest Host suddenly stopped visiting me at my machines. It was so obvious that I found it hilarious. It worked out in my favor though since I find them to be annoying at times. If I need something, I'll let you know. I'm spending my money here so my point is not to knock them, but to hopefully make them better by giving an honest opinion.

• Stayed December 2012
Jeff T, Guest Relations Manager at Island View Casino Resort, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you may have encountered during your recent visit to the Island View Casino Resort. I have forwarded your correspondence to the appropriate managers for their review and please be assured we realize the impression the encounters you have described leave on our customers, and we regret when we fail to meet the expectation you have come to expect from us. What you have described is not typical of what we expect from our employees or our operations process and truly appreciate when customer bring these matters to our attention.

I would hope you have seen evidence of this with the recent addition of the View Show Room, along with the announcement enhancements to our Island View player reward program that is designed to reward frequent customers with increased insider benefits. These and other additions are a direct result of customer feedback.

Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you encountered. We do appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Jeff Thomas
Island View Casino Resort
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I were compelled to write a review on the Islandview Casino Resort after reading some of the reviews on the internet. I am not sure what planet some of these people come from, but I sure don't want to live there. Many of the reviews were negative which made us apprehensive about staying there, but our fears quickly vanished. We stayed at the Islandview on Dec. 3-5, 2012. When my wife made the reservations, the lady was courteous, polite and helpful. The process went very smooth. When checking in at the front desk, again, the process went very smooth. The lady was very informative. When we got to our room, we were pleasantly suprised at the layout of the room. The room was neat, clean and smelled good. The mini-refrigerator was a plus. The flat-screen TV was a pleasure to watch. The buffet was delicious. The ice cream station is the best on the coast. The casino floor was very large. It was very neat and clean. There are many different varieties of slot machines to play. The slot techs, cashiers, waitresses and valet personnel were very nice, polite and helpful. My wife and I will stay at the Islandview again and we would recommend to anyone to experience a stay there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Island View Casino Resort? Share your experiences!