“Great Birthday Stay...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Gulfport
Montgomery, Al
“Great Birthday Stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed at the Island View, on an overnight visit for my husbands Birthday. This was our first time to stay here and we were pleasantly surprised by everything from easy check in right down to pretty good beverage service, and thats not always easy to find. The room was nice, bed was comfortable and everything was clean. Won a little money on the slots but I always give it back. I would recommend this hotel and return myself.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

the place has gone downhill since adding pool, they dont check to see if guest belongs and drinking and children run wild not to mention poor odds at casino and smell of drugs from a room and all manager could do is offer me another room because they didnt want to lose that gambler it seemed to me even if he was breaking law if not from mississipi region stick to florida or lasvegas if going on casino trip would be my best advice

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
houma,louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We always get the kind of room we ask for,the people are nice,rooms comfortable and clean, and the food is great. We rarely win,but it seems to be that way at all the casinos. I read other reviews about the noise in the hallways at night,but that's not the casino's fault. There are always a number of unsupervised children playing in the elevators and in the halls,but if you call downstairs they send someone up to deal with it. I know its hard for some couples to get away without the children,but the Casino is not the place for them to be.This should remain an adult getaway place.I will be spending 4 nights next week at Island View and I pray I don't get a room by rowdy people,but if I do I surely will call the always accomodating security.
WG

Room Tip: Just ask
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Florence, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Island View June 7-10. I was attending business meetings in Gulfport during this time, but chose not to stay where the meetings were held.
Island View has a great hotel and casino. the rooms are spacious, well furnished, comfortable and as clean as I have found anywhere. They provide free WIFI, but the access is limited by the server (you can access your email, but anything with a video is excluded)
The buffet is really good and has a very nice variety. We certainly will plan to stay here on future visits to Gulfport.

Room Tip: Book early and plan to arrive early for the best s
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Hotel is decent, service is nice, but the restaurants are horrible. My partner and I were in one of the restaurants for over an hour with spotty service. Drinks were never filled up, and food was cold when it came out. The casino is nothing special. The gaming floor is dominated with electronic slot machines with alot of penny slots. Lots of trash if you ask me. We ended up driving down to the beau rivage and had a better time. We are checking out tmrw and headed there.

• Stayed May 2011
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Every stay at Island View has been a delight!! Rooms are beautiful; buffet is huge; casino has all you can possibly want; staff is professional and caring..it is our favorite place to unwind.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

My husband and I live in Vicksburg MS with casinos in our own town, however, this is our "home away from home". Have been going to the Islandview for the last 3-4 years.Worth the drive for the fun, food and gaming, The hosts are all great to work with, employees are extremely helpful and pleasant. We love staying at the hotel and come and go on the gaming floor as we please. Carter Green's Steakhouse is far better than the "Emerils" that was previously there. It is always a treat to dine there and CG's. The buffet is always well maintained and great quaility food.
Rooms are nice and large, very comfortable.. If you want to relax, have fun and eat to your hearts content..... Not to mention, ususally leave with a few more $$ than we go with ! The "View" is the place to be!

Room Tip: Just ask. Always accomodating.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gulfport
Courtyard by Marriott Gulfport Beachfront
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Hilton Garden Inn Gulfport Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport
Holiday Inn Gulfport/Airport

Been to Island View Casino Resort? Share your experiences!