“A great value for my money.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi
8420 Highway 49 North, I-10 & Highway 49 (exit 34), Gulfport, MS 39501   |
“A great value for my money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at value place for over 2 months. The hotel is a very safe clean hospitable hotel. The staff really will meet your needs. The general manager Silas is a very professional and accomadating General Manager. This hotel property is really really clean. Please dont pass up this value. Ron C.

• Stayed October 2012
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thanks for staying with us! We pride ourselves on being clean and safe and are glad you had a pleasant stay at Value Place.

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Very clean....management's focus on customer satisfaction and cleanliness is impressive. Courteous and professional staff...all the comforts needed for a pleasant stay. Can't beat the price. Have stayed at this location 3 times and have yet to be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
We are glad that glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. Because our Studio Attendants follow checklists of simple, thorough and effective housekeeping practices, they know they're making a difference to each and every guest—as well as to the Value Place employees who live onsite and whose job it is to ensure that we're upholding our superior cleaning standards. We wish you well with your future travels, thank you for staying with us, come back and visit!
Southaven, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Do NOT stay here!! Was supposed to stay two weeks but on the 3rd day I woke up with bugs in the bed and blood on the sheets from the bugs! I went to the front desk asking for a refund but they said they couldnt do anything until the manager came in. I called the manager and he was very rude and only refunded me for the days I didnt stay and then hung up on me! I reported them to the CDC and the health dept, so maybe they will be shut down because no one should stay in a place this filthy!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Health Department on the coast is thoroughly impressed with our pest protocols and we have always been commended for training our staff and ensuring we do not allow these issues to go uncheked/untreated. I will be emailing you privately as we don't have record of bedbugs being reported by "Julie G" and our property manager is always courteous and professional with our guests.
Houston, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

For our family getaway we tried the MS Gulf Coast and had a great stay at Value Place. The staff was friendly, the room was comfortable - nothing fancy and we were able to cook in our room and not eat out every night. We highly recommend the Blow Fly Inn to eat out for some southern faire if interested in a town favorite. The General Manager said it had been shown on the Food Network. This was an excellent price for two weeks versus the other regular hotels that were more than double this price.

Room Tip: Internet is extra since they do not "automatically" charge you, so request this when makin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Value Place Property Management at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you are able to visit the Gulf Coast again soon!

Value Place Property Management
Onondaga, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

For the price, you get a room to sleep in, with a semi kitchen. Two burner stove, full size fridge, and micro. However, at this particular location, I did not feel safe at all. I am a white female, and if you have ever been to this area in Mississippi (I had not previously) it can be a scary place. The hotel was nearly full of temporary workers....I'm not sure if they were in town for the oil spill or what. But every evening you could be sure that there were at minimum 20 of them in the parking lot, sitting on cars, blasting music, smoking, drinking, etc. Not the most comfortable situation to come back to in the evening. My husband (who is stationed at the Naval base down the road) at times did not want to let me go back to my room, but with everything in the Gulfport/Biloxi area booked up, I didn't have much choice. Found a guy rummaging through the garbage dumpster (which you have to take out your own garbage) multiple times. Why didn't I call the cops you ask? There is a statement that says if the cops are called, the hotel could charge YOU for the 911 call. For a place claiming to be safe, they sure don't make you feel very safe w/a statement like that.

Upon arrival in my room, I noticed that the toilet continually ran. No problem, call maintenance right? After 2 calls and reminding housekeeping several times, (and a 2 week stay) it never was fixed. After the first few days I gave up, deciding that I'd rather NOT have the hotel staff in my room while I was not there. The fridge stopped working the 2nd day, but was promptly replaced so no complaints there. The bed is terrible! But again, for $199/week, I didn't expect much. I went to the Walmart up the road and bought one of the eggcarton pad things, and that fixed it.

The hidden charges are what will get you! I paid $14 to have sheets on the bed and towels!!! The comforter was disgusting, so I had taken that off and stuffed it under the bed on day 1. And I had put the towels into my own laundry to avoid the fee. When I saw it on the final bill (it was NOT marked on the initial bill) I was told that I specifically have to ask to NOT have these charges added from the start. And that it didn't matter that I didn't use the service the entire time, that the charges would stand. I know it's only $14, but very annoying. If you have a reservation, make SURE you turn in the 24 hour checkout sheet. If you do not, it's $45. It doesn't matter that your reservation says that you are checking out on June 18, turn the paper in on the 17th or expect to be charged. Luckily another review I had seen this and knew to do it.

The room was okay sized. I was down there to see my husband for 2 weeks, so it wasn't bad for just the two of us (he only was able to join me on the weekends). I would have liked to see an actual closet and not just a rod hanging off the wall, but again for $199 I don't expect much more. The hallways smelled horrible. I did notice the last day that there are air fresheners about every 20 feet down the hall to mask the odor, but they only help for a few seconds after they spray.

Would I stay at another one? I'm not sure. The room itself wasn't bad, I just think I managed to pick a horrible area to stay in a hotel at. BUT with the prices, I think any city will draw those type of people, so I likely would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
st.louis,mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

worst hotel ever,ashtray by front door was smoldering with thick smoke covering the entrance when we arrived,Lobby and front office was dirty and smelled like sweat and cigar smoke mixed with wet dog.our reservations that we had made and confirmed with the manager two weeks prior were gone the confirmation number we had from the reservation office at value place meant nothing to the manager and she couldnt have cared less she even made us wait while she gave a room to someone that didnt have a reservation that came in after us (i guess our skin is the wrong color!!) by this time i was livid and the manager just got ruder and ruder i had to send my wife out to the car so she wouldnt hear the managers foul mouth,itried to get value places corporate phone number from her and she gave me a number that goes to a voice mail box and never gets answerd i looked up another number on their website but it does the same

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
jackson, ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I would stay here again. For the money it is the perfect place to stay. Especially if you
have children too. Most places are too expensive for a poor working man but this place
gives you a break especially if you have to stay for a week at a time.

DM of Jackson, Ms

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We wish you well in your future travels and hope to see you soon!

Been to Value Place Gulfport, Mississippi? Share your experiences!