“Our "after church" stop in Gulfport, Mississippi” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #105 of 187 Restaurants in Gulfport
Cuisines: American
Mint Hill, North Carolina
“Our "after church" stop in Gulfport, Mississippi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

For buffet restaurant chains, Golden Corral is probably my favorite. This one is like most everything else around here. it's on Hwy 49. The food is always great and there's an great selection of meats, veggies, and desserts. Generally, you can get steak cooked to order, or my personal favorite, the Timberline Chili, which I put on top of a plate of "dirty rice". Yum! Another feature at the Golden Corrals I've visited is their "chocolate fountain" at the dessert station. The kids love this. We had quite a large party of 5-adults and 5-kids, including one in a high chair. Our server really took care of business and deserved every penny of the tip we left. The manager even stopped by our table to make sure that everything was ok. Yes, they have senior prices too! Our bill came to $91 for the 10 of us. We certainly got our money's worth. I've heard some less than satisfactory reports on a couple Golden Corral restaurants in the west, but every one I've ever visited, all in the south, has been great.

Visited February 2013