“By far the best pizza around!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Oxford, Mississippi, United States
“By far the best pizza around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Every time I am in Gulfport, I make a point to go to Brooklyn Pizzeria! It is the best pizza I have ever had. The owner is very friendly and will make anything to order. It could stand a good deep clean, but the food needs no improvement!

• Visited December 2012

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Pizza, so so upkeep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We wanted to hit a local pizza joint before we left town and came across this joint while driving around. My wife was not so sure I made the right decision when we walked in because of the upkeep and general visual appeal of the inside, I said be patient they are supposed to be one of the best. So we ordered a medium supreme, salad, wings and a calzone. The salad was very northern style with a nice topping of salami and cheese, which I snuck off my wife's salad. The wings were so so and probably not going to order again. Calzone recieved rave reviews from my sister and the pizza was awesome. True the middle is a little underdone but is to be expected when loaded down with all the wonderful toppings it has on it. I ended up eating more than I should have but it was so tasty that I could not help it. A medium is more than enough for 3 kids and 2 adults, mainly because of the sheer size of the slices.

The interior and general up keep could have been much better than it was the night we went in. Seemed most of the employees were keen on leaving for the night even though it was only 7pm. During our hour long stay, eating with 6 people it happens, I never saw anyone come out to clean, sweep or pick up the trash which was scattered around the tables from previous customers. The interior could definitely use an update along with a general sense of pride for their interior. This is the main reason for not being a perfect place to come it. If they spent some money on updating the inside and taking pride in the appearance this place would be outstanding.

• Visited June 2013
Long Beach, Mississippi
“Fine dining it ain't, but it sure is good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Want a big ol' greasy slice of Brooklyn-style pizza? You're in the right place. Brooklyn's is cheap and good at what it does. The crust is crunchy, the veggies and meat are always cooked nicely, and the cheese is bubbly and delicious. I can't say I've ever been disappointed in a meal from Brooklyn's. What more can I say? This pizza rocks.

The restaurant is nice enough, pleasing if generic New York/Italian decor. Think that picture of the guys sitting on an iron beam eating lunch. There's also quite the airbrushed mural of the owner and his wife on a motorcycle - oh yeah, this place has loads of kitschy personality. You're here for the food though, right? Floppy pizza slices so big you have to fold them over like a taco? Cool, so don't mind that this place didn't have a five-star interior designer.

The food's great and the decor doesn't make me cry. Check and check for a casual pizza joint that's cheap and fun to go to.

• Visited May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“THE BEST PIZZA AROUND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

OK, let's be clear. I love this place! The best pizza I've had on the Coast. I would rate it up there with Milo's Pizza (an old Gulfport pizza place now long gone and sorely missed). I don't get into Brooklyn nearly as often as I would like due to my travel schedule but I visit as often as I can. The special is always my choice. The special is an "all the way" pizza and so delicious! Light, thin crust, sauce just bursting with flavor, plenty of cheese, lots of meat, onions, peppers, black olives, mushrooms...I'm getting hungry. The muffaletta is very good, too! Real muffaletta bread from New Orleans! You can't go wrong with Brooklyn Pizzeria.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chippewa Falls
“Great pizza and calzones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Food was great and a great price. The staff seemed to know everyone as they came in. We were new, but made to feel right at home. Would definitely eat there again if I'm in the area.

Visited March 2013