“Dolphin Hurricane Survivors at Atlantis” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7 Attractions in Gulfport
Gambrills, Maryland
40 attraction reviews
“Dolphin Hurricane Survivors at Atlantis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a review to honor the surviving dolphins of Hurricane Katrina that have been taken to Dolphin Cay at Atlantis Paradise Island in The Bahamas. These fun loving creatures are very lucky to be alive in Dolphin Cay being raised by parent like trainers. I recently met a dolphin named Jill at Dolphin Cay and I think she was one of the survivors. She was so cute and happy to be with me and her trainers! The Dolphins at Dolphin Cay should be happy every single day that they survived that horrible wreckage to the Aquarium in Gulfport and were taken to Paradise!

Visited December 2013

Pawtucket, Rhode Island
233 attraction reviews
“Great dolphin encounter!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The museum is forgettable, but if you pay for the dolphin encounter you will get time to see the touch tank and interact with dolphins doing various tricks. There are a few hidden fees when you book, but touching the dolphin does make up for it.

Visited November 2013
Joplin, Missouri
20 attraction reviews
“Also known as IMMS (Institute for Marine Mammal Studies)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place requires reservations. I didn't realize this and showed up without them. They were nice enough to let us tour anyway. They have an educational program and you can touch sharks and rays in their pool. They also take you out to show you the dolphins and sea lions that are there. They train them to do tricks and work. Two of the dolphins are actually US marines. We really loved this place. I only wish I had loads of cash to help them in their rescue efforts.

Joplin, Missouri
20 attraction reviews
“You need reservations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I wasn't aware that we needed reservations to tour this wonderful place. Imagine my disappointment when we were told this! They quickly put us in with the next tour group when I explained they were the reason we were even in Gulfport MS. They are very informative and friendly. The dolphin and sea lion training sessions were our favorite part. My daughter who is legally blind was chosen to help a dolphin do a trick. It was a great time. Oh, they also have a touching pool. There are nurse sharks, rays and different types of fish in the pool.

Visited October 2013
“Best 10$ you will ever spend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I took my 17 month old son today and he loved it. Skipper was our guide and he did an excellent job of presenting all the info and explained what they do. We got to pet sharks, sting rays, snakes, and of coarse dolphins. My so loved all of it. The sealiob presentation at the end was an added surprise. We will be back. Can't believe that it was only $10.