“Front Desk doesn't answer phone after hours.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Navy Lodge Gulfport

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gulfport
Navy Lodge Gulfport
You added Navy Lodge Gulfport to your Saves list
Bldg 463 First St, Gulfport, MS 39501   |
Jacksonville, Florida
“Front Desk doesn't answer phone after hours.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014

22DEC14. Called at 18:30 to check availability. Took 3 phone calls, 16 minutes to get an answer at the Front Desk - before I got on the interstate. At 22:33 (Front Desk closes at 23:00) called 7 times, each time the wife recycled from recording to Front Desk w/o an answer. Ended up getting a room at Keesler AFB. Have stayed here 3 times before w/o any issues and great customer service care and yes, pretty good breakfast. Bottom line, don't leave your "post" until properly relieved or the business hours are over. Keesler Lodging staff told me it is an extremely slow period of the year - no excuse not to answer a phone that is ringing non-stop unless you're not there. Called the next morning to call and complain from Keesler, ask to speak with the manager - very much doubt she was a manager based on the attitude, non-apologetic, attack the messenger (basically, her response was to just attack the wife non-stop for relaying my message while I was driving on Keesler) - tried personally to talk initially, but was put on hold 3-4 times by the "manager" while trying to voice my complaint - very annoying - attempt to wear me down enough to just hang up?

Room Tip: Call when someone that cares is on duty at the Front Desk.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jacksonville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Stayed at the Navy Lodge last week, and it is very nice!! Its a few minutes drive to the beach and to Biloxi...but its definitely a bargain and we didn't mind the drive. We rented a 2 Bedroom suite in the new lodge and we were very impressed!! One BR had twin beds with an attached bath, and the other had a queen bed, also with attached bath....was surprised to find a large walk in shower with glass surround The kitchenette opened to the living area (LR had a fold out sofa and 2 side chairs). The finishes were all very nice. The kitchen looked to be stocked with the basic dishes, utensils and cookware. The LR and both bedrooms had their own TV. There was also a small patio outside. The continental breakfast was good, loved the waffles! The staff was also very accommodating. It was very comfortable and spacious which made the stay really pleasant. Will definitely stay there again when in the Biloxi area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at the Navy Lodge for 2 nights and were extremely satisfied. The room was spacious and had a small kitchen area equipped with the classic TLF supplies, just updated. Breakfast was offered and my little one's thoroughly enjoyed making their own waffles. The staff was fabulous, everyone wore a smile. I don't remember her name, but while we were eating breakfast, the employee went out of her way to bring us a high chair and brought us fresh pastries. We will definitely be staying here when we visit Biloxi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The Navy Lodge Gulfport is clean and spacious and customer service is oustanding. I was impressed when I received a courtesy call around 9 p.m. to confirm our stay. The hotel attendant was very kind and patient upon our arrival at 10:45 p.m. although her shift ended at 11:00. My eyes were delighted when we entered the room. It had an upscale vibe which is not typical of the military facilities I've frequented. Our room was positioned on the first floor. To my surprise, it was very quiet. Navy Lodge Gulfport rates high on my list of hotels that I will frequent again which makes a statement because I'm very picky and hard to please. The stay was short and sweet but we look forward to returning for an extended stay in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly B, Front Office Manager at Navy Lodge Gulfport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
The Navy Lodges around the world are putting great efforts into making our guests happy and comfortable. Navy Lodge Gulfport welcomes all picky guests to come stay with us and watch us knock your socks off. The Gulfport Lodge staff takes great pride in our buildings. We hope you and your family return soon and hope you continue to enjoy what The Navy Lodge has to offer.

From the Staff of NCBC Navy Lodge Gulfport
THANK YOU!!
Gulfport, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed here while in transit to new duty station. The staff are very accomodating. I was EXHAUSTED and arrived before check in time. They allowed me to check in a few hours early, so that we could rest. The room was immaculate and hotel is pet friendly. There is a n agreement to sign and extra fee for pets. I highly recommend this hotel for tdy, pcs, etc.... This hotel is under-priced for all that you get. (Don't tell them that. Lol ;) You will not need to buy utensils, dishes, dishwashing liquid. It's all provided. Good location. The exchange, commisary, etc... is less than 5 min away. Great hotel-at this location.

• Stayed December 2013
Kelly B, Front Office Manager at Navy Lodge Gulfport, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We are extremely proud of our property. The best part is to see our guests enjoy it as much as we do. The Navy Lodges around the world strive to make our prices below the market price to show our appreciation to our military families. From Navy Lodge Gulfport We Thank You!!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Lodge for about 3 months now. Normally I would be dying to go home by now. It's not the case here. Janice the manager always has something going on. Movie night, manager reception, something always. The staff is excellent. Kelly and John are by far the best thing/persons at this hotel. John can fix anything and Kelly is the momma bear. I call in a maintenance problem in the morning and come back at lunch and my room is sparkling clean and the maintenance issue is no longer a problem. Kelly ensures we have studied and tells us all she wants to see 100's. Motivating us the whole way. She doesn't even have to care but if we tell her we have a problem or a test coming up she is always there with advice or a way to help me out. I appreciate the time and effort she puts in to all of the guests here and I wish there was a way to repay her. I hope this reaches the right people and I hope future guests know this lady is truly a jewel. If I ever have to come back to Gulfport MS I will be sure to stay here (or wherever Kelly is working)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kelly B, Front Office Manager at Navy Lodge Gulfport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I definately appreciate your kind words. My mission is to ensure everyone that stays at the Navy Lodge Gulfport remembers us and wants to come back. Our guests are my main priority and I hope your next stay with us is as enjoyable as this one.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I came in after hours so I had to pick my keys up at a different location. The after hours manager Kelly stayed on the phone with me until I had lost myself horribly. She then at 2 a.m. Got out of bed and found us brought us to get our keys and then made sure we got into our room. Mind you the whole time she is doing this happily as if it didn't bother her at all to get out of bed and come help two old blind bats. She graciously apologized for the inconvenience for us. So the next day we get up a little late and in just in time for the breakfast. Lovely lady at breakfast talked a lot to us.. Maybe let go of a bit too much personal information but still a perfect experience. I wanted to thank Kelly because without her help we would not of had such a great time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly B, Front Office Manager at Navy Lodge Gulfport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Our mission is to provide extraordinary customer service to our guest. We always try to go above and beyond for each and everyone of our guests. Thank you for choosing NCBC Navy Lodge for your needs and we hope you come back to see us again.

Been to Navy Lodge Gulfport? Share your experiences!