“Multiple request for pest control and housekeeping to actually clean went unanswered over a 20+day stay.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Navy Lodge Gulfport

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gulfport
Navy Lodge Gulfport
You added Navy Lodge Gulfport to your Saves list
Bldg 463 First St, Gulfport, MS 39501   |
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

For $70 per night the expectation was for more than just new towels and the trash to be out. It got to a point to where I was cleaning the room myself. So what am I really paying for? The room had roaches that it wasnt until after almost 20days of my 29 day stay that someone was sent to spray. Stopped using the refridgerator because they were in it also... I do not know how it is in the newly built building but the single story rooms have been forgotten and I dont remember it ever being this disgusting and unsanitary!

Communicating with the front desk staff while nice and coordial the actual cleaning staff did not understand some of us dont live like this! I am on orders and was required to stay on base. I hope to never have to return... I even took pictures of the critters running rampart in the cuppards I would if I could upload the pictures...

• Stayed November 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I don't know where to start. The landscaping is beautiful. The lobby is breathtaking. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Free Internet and great breakfast spread every morning. The rooms(2 story building) are brand new, spacious and very modern equipped with a fully functional kitchen. The decor is all high end. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in and the savings put the competition to shame. I will be back at the Navy Lodge Gulfport when in the area!

• Stayed October 2012
east coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We try to use military lodging facilities whenever we travel. Some look like converted barracks and are ok for the price. This one, however, was lovely in every way. We stayed in the older, or original section of the Navy Lodge (as opposed to the Navy Gateway Inn or the almost completed new Navy Lodge). The new building had not yet opened, but I can't imagine it being any nicer than the original one. This is one of the few lodging facilities that did not have a military look. It was large, updated, decorated and stocked like any nice civilian hotel room or efficiency apartment. Each unit was ground floor with a front door and back sliding patio door. Our unit was not designated as accessible, but had no front door sill which made it very easy to bring in rolling luggage. I noticed some of the units had concrete ramps, and some had a sill. Parking was directly in front of the unit. The back door exited to a small semi-private patio and a large communal grassy backyard enclosed by privacy fence. There were picnic tables and one bouncy child's "ride" in the back. Kitchen was stocked with pots, pans, glasses, dishes and utensils. It had an almost full sized refrigerator, a two burner smooth top cooktop, toaster, microwave etc. Area faced civilian housing outside the fence and, although we heard dogs barking during the day, there was no noise at night. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Unit was clean, quiet and comfortable. Linens were fresh and soft. Beds comfortable to us. Flat screen TV, large bathroom (zero entry shower with fold up shower seat and hand-held shower head in this unit), good lighting with motion detector night light in bathroom. The section of units we were in had a laundry room and vending machines as the center unit. This base had some of the tightest security we have seen: even with ID, we had to produce drivers licenses, vehicle registration and proof of insurance before being issued a temporary base pass. We arrived on a Saturday, and the base was very quiet although there is a fair amount of housing. Gas station, NEX and commissary are all within a block of the Lodge. The Pass Rd. gate was no more than 5-10 minutes from the beach front in Gulfport. The only negative is that WiFi is not free ($7.95/day). I would definitely stay here again and wish all lodging facilities were as nice as this one!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Stayed at Navy Lodge Gulfport and had a huge room with patio. New building looks great. Cann't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Navy Lodge Gulfport? Share your experiences!