“Disgusting!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 28 hotels in Gulfport
Purvis
“Disgusting!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The room was disgusting. Mold in the bathtub, trash under the bed, floor had not been vacuumed. Room smelled like a old, muggy body odor, I had to get febreeze just so I could tolerate the smell. The towels are pathetic. The bed spreads are from the 70's and seen there better day. The lady working the front desk has an attitude problem, big time. Oh and as if they are not over priced for being a dump already, you must pay extra for the internet. I literally was afraid to sleep in the beds it was so disgusting and trust me when I say that I checked the sheets to make sure they were clean. If I would not have been so tired and could have found another room I would have NEVER stayed in a pathetic dump like this!

Room Tip: Tip---Do Not Stay Here!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Carson City, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I know it is a Motel 6 and really high expectations are unreasonable. I know that. However...
The room had no blankets. Apparently we were supposed to use the bedspreads as blankets. Are you kidding me? Not in this life! You know what people do on them? (They did provide blankets when we asked.) There was no telephone until we requested one. The TV, a tiny CRT, didn't work. Gimme a break. And $3 for wifi? Gimme another break! McD has free wifi. Everybody has free wifi. Except Motel 6. Management was, however, gracious when I told them I wanted out and didn't want to pay. No arguments and they even offered me another room for free. No thanks. I don't think I want to do business with Motel 6.

Room Tip: Get a good room in another motel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

There was trash in our room when we arrived. There was pubic hair in the shower. There were bugs crawling on the wall. Front desk was hardly available. One woman out of the entire housekeeping staff actually smiled at me. Our a/c unit was making loud frog noises our last day.

• Stayed June 2012
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

The front desk was competent but not especially friendly. The room was adequate, reasonably clean, but it felt like they went out of their way to give it a low-budget aura. I felt it serviceable for an overnight travel accommodation; although I would not seek it out on a return trip, I would be willing to stay there again. Price was a little high for what you get -- for $10 more you can get nicer accommodations in the neighborhood.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

The room was clean, but small and felt pretty cramped with two beds in it. Lot of noise from the busy road and airplanes overhead landing at the Gulfport-Biloxi airport nearby.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Louisianna
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

I think the stay was nice and pleasant .Everything seems to be new,the room smell new,The price for the weekend could have been cheaper .could have had better comforter for bedding. a perfect area for shopping and eating.The pool could have been bigger which i never had the chance to get there.The front desk staff was friendly,housekeeper was excellent keep up the good work.I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
East Alton, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

Stayed here while attending Family Weekend for my brother's Seabee Unit deployment from the Navy base. Traveling with my wife and daughter, it was a long drive from St. Louis. We were glad to finally get here. The room was small and felt pretty cramped with two beds in it, but we knew this when we booked the room. The room was cool, considering how hot and humid it was, clean and very comfortable. The front desk and housekeeping staff were very nice and helpful when we had questions or concerns. The air conditioner in our room seemed to have trouble keeping up with the hot and humid days but made the room feel like a meat locker after dark. The pool was nice and clean with lots of seating, even though we only got to use it once, what with all we had to do that weekend. Plus, the pool was crowded most evenings and nights as it was apparently THE place to be. Overall, we would stay here again if we found ourselves in Gulfport. You should give it a try.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Gulfport? Share your experiences!